Africa's Newest Nation? Should Somaliland Become an Official Country? - TLDR News

TLDR is a popular news youtube channel and they made a video about Somaliland, discussing the state's past and future prospects. Thought the video was alright though I felt that they didn't give the whole picture by not mentioning the eastern region and Puntland. They also mentioned that there was a referendum on independence back in 2001 and 97 percent of citizens voted in favor. How accurate is this? I dont think this represented the whole regions.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP

TLDR is a popular news youtube channel and they made a video about Somaliland, discussing the state's past and future prospects. Thought the video was alright though I felt that they didn't give the whole picture by not mentioning the eastern region and Puntland. They also mentioned that there was a referendum on independence back in 2001 and 97 percent of citizens voted in favor. How accurate is this? I dont think this represented the whole regions.
So many landers talk about that referendum but I’ve never see a single real source on it tbf

Noone wants another begging bowl nation in Africa. The fact that 75% are unemployed and of the 25% employed 70% sell livestock exposes how poor the region is.

If Somaliland magically gets rich and transforms into at least a middle income country i could see it going independant.

Noone wants another begging bowl nation in Africa. The fact that 75% are unemployed and of the 25% employed 70% sell livestock exposes how poor the region is.

If Somaliland magically gets rich and transforms into at least a middle income country i could see it going independant.

If that happens would you stop cooning to people who don't care about your tuna county and be serious about developing your region?

giphy.gif

DRACO

VIP
Imagine obsessing over small inaccuracies. You know what your agenda was in posting this thread. It was to invite the Somalian trolls to spam in the comment section. But go on , it will backfire as usual. People will see what somalian extremists are like for themselves .

Reborn
Imagine obsessing over small inaccuracies. You know what your agenda was in posting this thread. It was to invite the Somalian trolls to spam in the comment section. But go on , it will backfire as usual. People will see what somalian extremists are like for themselves .

Actually, he made a huge error in later part of the video as to why we aren't recognised.He did not read the 2005 AU fact finding report of Somaliland in which it stated that Somaliland won't open a Pandora box for other "countries".

Actually, he made a huge error in later part of the video as to why we aren't recognised.He did not read the 2005 AU fact finding report of Somaliland in which it stated that Somaliland won't open a Pandora box for other "countries".

I was thinking the same

And the description is wrong: "Somaliland split away from Somalia in 2001"

Watch the video before saying random stuff indian tuna :ummhmm:

If that happens would you stop cooning to people who don't care about your tuna county and be serious about developing your region?

giphy.gif
Somaliland elite were stupid in 1960, the population of British Somaliland was only a few hundred thousand compared to the 2.5 million population of Southern Somalia.

If they were intelligent they would've just keep Somaliland sovereign and use the world bank funds to develop the region.

However its too late for that now, the political landscape has already transformed.

Somaliland elite were stupid in 1960, the population of British Somaliland was only a few hundred thousand compared to the 2.5 million population of Southern Somalia.

If they were intelligent they would've just keep Somaliland sovereign and use the world bank funds to develop the region.

However its too late for that now, the political landscape has already transformed.
I agree with you it was stuoid to unite with the south when southern SYL didn't want a quick somali unification but 10 year wait but the northern ppl and elders from reer sheekh isaxaq threatened the northern officials to go to xamar and I agree to all conditions that SYL put forward which said that all important administration posts would be held by southern SYL and now we regret it

SYL didn't want a quick somali unification but 10 year wait but the northern ppl and elders from reer sheekh isaxaq threatened the northern officials to go to xamar and I agree to all conditions that SYL put forward which said that all important administration posts would be held by southern SYL and now we regret it

And now it's the walaweyns who don't want to accept that the union is dead ...

Worst part is Dhlous and warsens signed the independence declaration document and went back against it now for tribal reasons as usual

At the end of the day, i doubt we will ever get recognition so i wont act blind and sing kumbaya while smoking a pipe dream like some of my esteemed compatriots in SL. We need to Steer the shinking ship that is Somalia and bring it to shore..

Our terms:

Hargeisa is admin capital

SL parties(kulmiye,wadani, ucid etc) will continue being the main parties in the country

Free fair elections( no 4.5)

All the military hardware will be based in Burco/Erigavo

Every Koonfurian will need to be disarmed and enrolled into a school, where they are taught to be civil and act like humans

Koonfurians forced to serve 3 years in milirary to liberate their regions from alkebab then return their weapons to Burco military garrison. Cant trust anyone outside of our borders with a qori wallahi

Trending