Africa's Great Civilizations

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
Damn, I made a comment on that video like 3-4 days ago and the comments were positive. Now, the Alt-Right took over :chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh:

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Doesn't surprise me. The Ethiopians were the only "black" Africans who had a civilization that was worth a damn :siilaanyolaugh:

Doesn't surprise me. The Ethiopians were the only "black" Africans who had a civilization that was worth a damn :siilaanyolaugh:
nubia, kush, egypt, swahilia, punt, mali, galkacyo:pachah1:, somaliland:russ:. also try convincing even the ethiopians they r black. just like older somali generation they believe they are not back. i am surprised they survive that long though, somalia should rethink its ethiopia policy these mofos will still be here 5000 years from now

So far no mention of Somalia other than it having frankincense. :russ:

Ethiopia pretty much had an entire episode dedicated to itself. :mjlol:

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300

What is now modern-day Somalia was a collection of small city states and sultanates for a while, that doesn't make for entertaining content :manny:

Evidences and facts show that, by any means of imagination, the biblical name Cushitic Ethiopia has no relation with Semitic state of Abyssinia except being neighbors. Strictly speaking, Ethiopia belongs to the direct geographical descendent of ancient country Nubians or the Sudan both historically and Biblically, but not to Abyssinia or even the present day Ethiopia. The fact that the Sudan preferred the Arabic name Al-Sudan over Ethiopia, means the black people, for what ever reasons, resulted in the confusion of the two countries people with their history. This link provides additional clear picture regarding the cause and effect of the confusion.

The arguments presented and other facts lead one to the following clear understanding regarding the confusion over the names of Abyssinia and Ethiopia:-

• First of all, it is absolutely unacceptable, historically false, and politically malignant for the state of Abyssinia to abandon its name and insist on using the bogus-name of ‘Ethiopia’. Abyssinia is just one state of Ethiopia.
  • It is also historical crime to present Abyssinia as synonymous old name of Ethiopia. No more use of obfuscation diplomatic verbiage. They should use the only to refer Abyssinian- Northern Ethiopia, but no whole Ethiopia.
  • The Semitic Tigre and the Amharas of Gondar, Gojjam and Shoa of Ankobar are real Abyssinian by race and Ethiopian by Nationality. Highland Eritreans are also Abyssinian by race but Eritrean by Nationality.
  • Unofficial use of such a controversial political name, in one way or other- as if it is interchangeable with Ethiopia- have negative connotation as it promotes hidden racism and discriminatory nationalism.
  • Oromo, Somali, Afar, Kambata, Hadiya, Sidama, Walayta, Kaffa Anuak, Nuer, and others are Ethiopians but can’t be Abyssinians. Therefore, calling and these people as Abyssinia inheriting their history, culture, and the like is not only improper, but also implies exercising the double meaning of slave-master bullying tactics.
  • The name Cushitic Ethiopia is more related to Cushitic Oromo, Somali, Afar, Kambata, Hadiya, Sidama, Agaw etc than to Semitic Abyssinians.
  • If Abyssinians want to reclaim and revive the old name, it would be appropriate if used overtly.
  • If one couldn’t agree on such simple and yet basic framework issues, it would be practically impossible to negotiate on the major political problems of the country.

To sum it up, it is becoming clearer from time to time that the century old tactics of obfuscating the names Abyssinia and Ethiopia is not working. The days of superficially mentioning non-Abyssinians in the introductory pages of everything and systematically excluding them from the main body of history should come to an end without any negotiation or precondition. In other words, the old political tactic of promoting only Abyssinia under the disguise of bogus Ethiopia is no longer tolerable. Systematically changing the ‘Christian Island Abyssinia’ to ‘Christian Island Ethiopia” simply transforms the issue from obfuscation to confusion.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
It's a shame our civilization in antiquity is often overlooked, it's quite fascinating.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
It's a shame our civilization in antiquity is often overlooked, it's quite fascinating.
Reading about how we karbaashed the xabashis over and over is very inspiring sxb, it's actually shocking how quickly the Somali people became a regional military power after they accepted Islam :cosbyhmm:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Reading about how we karbaashed the xabashis over and over is very inspiring sxb, it's actually shocking how quickly the Somali people became a regional military power after they accepted Islam :cosbyhmm:

Yep.

I just wish we had a stable state so we could actually have our history out there, from the city state civilizations in antiquity to the Islamic Sultanates that were the first to use firearms and cannons in SSA to the 20 year Dervish resistance.

legit livid....they dedicated an entire episode to axsum then started mentioning the rise of islam, briefly mentioning it starting from the horn and onto north africa and thats about it. no single mention of us at all. :damn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending