African Americans will get reparations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tukraq

VIP
This guy is in the Congressional Black Caucus:

congressional-black-c_ode.jpg
thats what I'm not understanding, from the US view of black even pure whites an possibly pass as one lol let alone a halimo

Apollo

VIP
thats what I'm not understanding, from the US view of black even pure whites an possibly pass as one lol let alone a halimo

Lol, even though there are massive outliers among AAs, they still do have a common look. I think VixR means she doesn't look like their average.

Tukraq

VIP
Lol, even though there are massive outliers among AAs, they still do have a common look. I think VixR means she doesn't look like their average.
sxb I'm watching the NBA draft right now and no theres no such thing as a common look among them lol, some look like Zion
zion-williamson-usnews-040119-ftr-gettyjpg_1qy4tus5dmmu21pkkusqz61wem.jpg

and some look like Jaxson Hayes
usa_today_12251415.jpg

, and everything in between

Apollo

VIP
sxb I'm watching the NBA draft right now and no theres no such thing as a common look among them lol, some look like Zion
zion-williamson-usnews-040119-ftr-gettyjpg_1qy4tus5dmmu21pkkusqz61wem.jpg

and some look like Jaxson Hayes
usa_today_12251415.jpg

, and everything in between

To be honest, they both look New World Black. Just one is more European than the other.

VixR

Veritas
Most definitely.

"The law forbids discrimination when it comes to any aspect of employment, including hiring, firing, pay, job assignments, promotions, layoff, training, fringe benefits, and any other term or condition of employment."

I was referring to "I don't look the black" part.
Are you saying all Somalis look Black? :browtf:

VixR

Veritas
American standards of what is black are extremely loose. Even darkish Arabs and North Africans can be lumped into it at times.
That’s an extreme exaggeration. Not true. They’re brown at best.

I definitely think many Somalis due to either some features, like lips, and or Afro hair, or dark skin can easily look Black. But there’s people who don’t have any of that going for them in my fam.

Tukraq

VIP
That’s extreme exaggeration. Not true. They’re brown at best.

I definitely think many Somalis due to either some features, like lips, and or Afro hair, or dark skin can easily look Black. But there’s people who don’t have any of that going for them in my fam.
intreating theres also may AA's that also don't have any of that going for them either, which is why he said the American definition, remember even guy like this are called black in the US
BNG-L-WARRIORS-0511-53.jpg

VixR

Veritas
intreating theres also may AA's that also don't have any of that going for them either, which is why he said the American definition, remember even guy like this are called black in the US
BNG-L-WARRIORS-0511-53.jpg
Nope.

No one would here would organically consider him black on the fly, unless he took the identity upon himself (was raised and/or self-identified).

Apollo

VIP
That’s extreme exaggeration. Not true. They’re brown at best.

^ :lol:

Even the morphologically ''Caucasoid'' ones still got dark skin (by white people standards) and when people find out that they/you are from Africa you'd get labeled as black by many.

Tukraq

VIP
Nope.

No one would here would organically consider him black on the fly, unless he took the identity upon himself (was raised and/or self-identified).
nope hes considered black where I live in the US and wouldn't even be called mixed lol even though he should(mixed blacks are just called black in the US)

VixR

Veritas

^ :lol:

Even the morphologically ''Caucasian'' ones still got dark skin (by white people standards) and when people find out that they/you are from Africa you'd get labeled as black by many.
nope hes considered black where I live in the US and wouldn't even be called mixed lol even though he should(mixed blacks are just called black in the US)
Ultimately, it depends on (1) what you look like (2) how you identify. Noah looks clearly black. The other doesn’t. Noah can’t choose, the Player can lol.

Tukraq

VIP
Ultimately, it depends on (1) what you look like (2) how you identify. Noah looks clearly black. The other doesn’t. Noah can’t choose, the Player can lol.
abayoo klay looks black in American standards lol, which is why I said some whites can even pass as black in the US

Apollo

VIP
I once heard a Nigerian say. I am not black, I am Nigerian. :lol: Black sometimes may also just mean African-American ados in certain contexts.

Tukraq

VIP
I once heard a Nigerian say. I am not black, I am Nigerian. :lol: Black sometimes may also just mean African-American ados in certain contexts.
true, they didn't really have those terms as an identity in Africa, even white would seem like an American thing since American whites most of the times don't know where they came from, id expect europeans to claim Swedish or Irish or slavic instead of white until the Americas brought its race dynamics worldwide

VixR

Veritas
He’s saying it in the same sense some Somalis say they aren’t black, despite having certain features like dark skin. However, Nigerians have more or less the same features of a typical AA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts