AFC Asian Cup 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia 4 -Uzbekistan 3 (on penalties)

The hero, our goalkeeper Mat Ryan ( EPL, Brighton & Hove Albion goalkeeper).

@Rocca Littorio

With that performance, do you still think we can win the cup? The media led by Robbie Slater (won the EPL with Blackburn Rovers) of Fox Sports demonised our former coach Ange Postecoglo who was one of the most successful coaches in the A-League, coached the Socceroos and qualified them for two world cups and won with them the Asia cup. He is now a successful coach in the J.League in Japan. He resigned in disgust. Who replaces him? Graham Arnold? Wtf?

Bro I have given up on the Socceroos in recent years.

The problem is not the manager, its the fact that grassroots football in Australia is still corrupt and not integrated enough to the upper echelons of Australian football.

There is little chance a player from a local team can make it compared to players who have links/connections to the movers and shakers of Australia.

Sorry I took long to reply, I have been on holiday.

Semi Final

Qatar Vs UAE

Japan Vs Iran

This is stupidly funny.

AFC Asian Cup 2019: UAE sports body buys all tickets to allegedly block Qatar fans from supporting their team in semi-final.

The build up to the AFC Asian Cup 2019 semifinal match between UAE and Qatar has adopted a political angle.

The Abu Dhabi sports council announced on Friday that its head, Prince Nahyan bin Zayed, had purchased and ordered all of the tickets reserved for the game to be distributed to ‘loyal Emirati fans’, in a move to prevent Qatari fans from attending the game and supporting their team.

A UAE news outlet, the National, then reported that non-Emiratis that were attempting to gain entry into the stadium were being turned away in an attempt to solely house home fans for the clash.

This is also because around 1000 Omani fans were allegedly found voicing their support for Qatar – something that UAE, one of the four nations involved in boycotting Qatar, doesn’t want.

“Around 1,000 Omani fans have supported Qatar, producing great images of support for the team. This act is no different from the series of unwelcoming gestures towards the Qatari team – starting with preventing Qatari fans from entering the UAE to Saudi and Emirati fans booing the Qatari national anthem during the match against Saudi Arabia.

“The Qatari success in this tournament has caused major discomfort among Emiratis and Saudis,” he concluded.

It remains to be seen if FIFA will impose any sanctions after one of its mandates – that a particular number of tickets have to be allocated to visiting team fans – was clearly violated.

https://www.foxsportsasia.com/footb...fans-from-supporting-their-team-in-semifinal/

Semi Final

Qatar Vs UAE

Japan Vs Iran

This is stupidly funny.

AFC Asian Cup 2019: UAE sports body buys all tickets to allegedly block Qatar fans from supporting their team in semi-final.

The build up to the AFC Asian Cup 2019 semifinal match between UAE and Qatar has adopted a political angle.

The Abu Dhabi sports council announced on Friday that its head, Prince Nahyan bin Zayed, had purchased and ordered all of the tickets reserved for the game to be distributed to ‘loyal Emirati fans’, in a move to prevent Qatari fans from attending the game and supporting their team.

A UAE news outlet, the National, then reported that non-Emiratis that were attempting to gain entry into the stadium were being turned away in an attempt to solely house home fans for the clash.

This is also because around 1000 Omani fans were allegedly found voicing their support for Qatar – something that UAE, one of the four nations involved in boycotting Qatar, doesn’t want.

“Around 1,000 Omani fans have supported Qatar, producing great images of support for the team. This act is no different from the series of unwelcoming gestures towards the Qatari team – starting with preventing Qatari fans from entering the UAE to Saudi and Emirati fans booing the Qatari national anthem during the match against Saudi Arabia.

“The Qatari success in this tournament has caused major discomfort among Emiratis and Saudis,” he concluded.

It remains to be seen if FIFA will impose any sanctions after one of its mandates – that a particular number of tickets have to be allocated to visiting team fans – was clearly violated.

https://www.foxsportsasia.com/footb...fans-from-supporting-their-team-in-semifinal/
Arabs are wild people.

I was told by a relative in K that there was a neighborhood apartment blocks in Kuala Lumpur. it was settled by a noticeable amount of families from Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

Couple Saudi Arabians were incharge of the Mosque in the apartment and after the Eid prayer they handshaked everyone expect the Qataris.

I hope for Qatar to win the tournament.

Lots of people doubted them because they never participated in recent tournaments.

But I think majority of their players are foreigners?

I hope for Qatar to win the tournament.

Lots of people doubted them because they never participated in recent tournaments.

But I think majority of their players are foreigners?

@wesleyy

That's what I thought too, I think they had one Brazilian born player and he was on the bench as a reserve. Check what their Coach did to the team.

yq-felix-06012019_2x.jpg

Qatar's coach Felix Sanchez Bas

On the pitch, Qatar have shown a distinct improvement since Spaniard Sanchez took charge in 2017.

Initially seen as a stop-gap appointment at the end of a failed World Cup qualification campaign, the 43-year-old has transformed the team.

He has placed emphasis on young, largely Qatari-born players - rather than imported stars - who have progressed through the Aspire Academy, an expensively-built Doha training centre which seeks to hothouse local talent.

These include forward Akram Afif, the first Qatari to play in Spain's La Liga, and defender Abdulkarim Hassan, just voted the AFC 2018 player of the year.

In November, Qatar achieved its most notable international victory, beating Switzerland 1-0 in Lugano.

The average age of Qatar's starting line-up in Switzerland was 24 years and 195 days, and 13 of the 25 players who travelled to Europe were Aspire graduates.

Sanchez is proving a unique problem for Qatar football association bosses who like to hire and fire coaches.

Since the beginning of the century Qatar has hired 15 separate coaches, and one of those twice, as they desperately seek to put the team on the world stage.

Sanchez has worked with the Qatari players at every level from the academy through the Under-19s, Under-20s, Under-23s and now the full team.

It is the beginning of a massive year for Sanchez and Qatar, who will also play in the Copa America later in 2019.

In an Asian Cup group also consisting of Lebanon and North Korea, a resurgent "al-Annabi" (the Maroons) will be confident of reaching the knockouts.

It is the tenth time they have qualified for the Asian Cup but they have never progressed further than the quarter-finals.

This time though they have a lot to prove.

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/...-isolate-team-from-gulf-politics-at-asian-cup

@wesleyy

Japan destroyed Iran 3-0 and into the final. But wait, Qatar Obliterated UAE with 4-0, but that is not all, do you remember the UAE prince buying all the tickets, so only UAE supporters can attend that game? Here is what they did when they were losing the game.

Qatar players pelted with sandals and bottles during Asian Cup semi-final.

1548790666798.jpg

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/afc-asian-cup-2019-qatar-163642257.html

Japan Vs Qatar (final)
I am definitely watching the finals.

It should be a great game.

Japan had a great WC and Qatar seems interesting

I remember Xavi saying Qatar will win the AFC and everyone were laughing at him lol.

Should be great final.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
Qatar absolutely dominated the tournament. They’re a young squad as well.

Fun fact. Akram Afif dad grew up in kismayo and played for Horseed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts