AFC Asian Cup 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
This tournament began on the 5th of January in the U.A.E. The current Asian champions are Australia, this week concludes the group stage games. Who will win this tournament?

My guess. The favourites are;

Iran

South Korea

Japan

Qatar or the UAE could be the surprise winners. I will update the knockout stages. Go Aussies, Oi, Oi, Oi.

South Korea :dzmxmmb:

@Southie

Watched the South Koreans on Saturday night, they were a little bit rusty, but they will be strengthened by the arrival of the Spurs player Son. We are now playing Syria, 1-1 at halftime. Our goal scorer (2 goals in the tournament) is a South Sudanese dude called Awer Mabil who plays for FC Midjylan in Denmark. Does anyone from denmark know him?

@Southie

Watched the South Koreans on Saturday night, they were a little bit rusty, but they will be strengthened by the arrival of the Spurs player Son. We are now playing Syria, 1-1 at halftime. Our goal scorer (2 goals in the tournament) is a South Sudanese dude called Awer Mabil who plays for FC Midjylan in Denmark. Does anyone from denmark know him?

Australia lost to Jordan and barely beating a team like Syria. Might be one of those weird tournaments

Australia lost to Jordan and barely beating a team like Syria. Might be one of those weird tournaments

@Southie

Australia are the reigning champions, we dominated the game against Jordan but lost 1-0. This game, the Syrians showed better organisation and resiliency and it is 2-2 now, if Syria wins, they will knock us out of the tournament. If it finishes this way, we go through to the knockout stages. 10 minutes left, fingers crossed.

We scored a third goal and it finished 3-2. Given their circumstances, Syria played very well and they must've been motivated by Iraq who won the Asia Cup in 2007 in the middle of their civil war and weren't allowed any home games in Iraq.

Next game is Iraq Vs Iran

It’s Saudi Arabia Vs Qatar now.

A high stakes political game. I wonder how much monetary reward will be bestowed on the winners by their government. Other such matches included South Korea Vs North Korea. Syria Vs Jordan.

Keeysan

The humble one
It’s Saudi Arabia Vs Qatar now.

A high stakes political game. I wonder how much monetary reward will be bestowed on the winners by their government. Other such matches included South Korea Vs North Korea. Syria Vs Jordan.
Most likely Saudi’s game. Khaleejis are bringing on their dogs

Australia is always favourites in Asian Cup due to the disparity in the budget.

Some of the nations are borderline third world and the more well off ones have only recently been investing in football.

Syria is successful due to the grassroots football it has that survived the war plus the patriotism of playing for your nation.

Predictions:

Australia, South Korea, Iran and Japan.

Knockout round

Japan 1------------Saudi Arabia 0

The Saudis played very well, but wasted so many chances. They go home and the Japanese progress to the quarter-finals.

Australia 4 -Uzbekistan 3 (on penalties)

The hero, our goalkeeper Mat Ryan ( EPL, Brighton & Hove Albion goalkeeper).

@Rocca Littorio

With that performance, do you still think we can win the cup? The media led by Robbie Slater (won the EPL with Blackburn Rovers) of Fox Sports demonised our former coach Ange Postecoglo who was one of the most successful coaches in the A-League, coached the Socceroos and qualified them for two world cups and won with them the Asia cup. He is now a successful coach in the J.League in Japan. He resigned in disgust. Who replaces him? Graham Arnold? Wtf?

So far, Australia, Vietnam (they beat Jordan), China, Japan, Iran & UAE have booked a place in the quarterfinals. They will be joined by whoever wins from;

South Korea Vs Bahrain

Qatar Vs Iraq

@Beri hore

Sxb, you were a great player with Juventus and PSG, marka jees jeestada naga dhaaf.

The Quarter-finals.

Vietnam Vs Japan

China Vs Iran

South Korea Vs Qatar

U.A.E Vs Australia

Japan and Iran will go through to the semis, but the other two places are in doubt.

South Korea :dzmxmmb:

@Southie

Sxb, Mauricio Pochettino prayers has been answered, Son is heading back to London to join his depleted Spurs squad because Qatar beat South Korea 1-0 in the quarterfinals. It is Qatar's first Asian Cup semi-final. Will the UAE beat Australia and advance to the Semis? For me, they are the favourites and Australia are the underdogs.

As I predicted Australia are out and UAE (1-0) advances to the semi-final.

Qatar Vs UAE (mini civil war)

Japan will beat Vietnam and Iran might beat China (not sure about this one), therefore they will meet in the second semi-final. Let's see if my prediction eventuates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending