Af Maymay

Linguistically speaking, Maay-maay is a different language.

My rule: If it requires interpreters, it's not the same language.

But, may-may IS very closely related to Af-Maxaa, one can easily learn the other
dunno about that but k.

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
I remember a finnish nigga in another thread telling me this dialect needs to be taught nationwide, i want him to come watch this and say with a straight face that this is somali

I remember a finnish nigga in another thread telling me this dialect needs to be taught nationwide, i want him to come watch this and say with a straight face that this is somali
It sounds like Oromo to me tbh, but I guess in a way it is Somali.

Hindi and Urdu are more closely related than Af-Maay and Af-Maxaa, yet Hindi and Urdu are considered different languages purely for political reasons.

Politics matter just as much as linguistics in determining what is considered the same language or not

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
I guess they forgot to deport some niggas :mjpls:

Notes Write That Down GIF by Team Coco

Hindi and Urdu are more closely related than Af-Maay and Af-Maxaa, yet Hindi and Urdu are considered different languages purely for political reasons.

Politics matter just as much as linguistics in determining what is considered the same language or not
This language sounds afari but people that speak may may don’t live around afar people. I didn’t even understand one word! That’s cool tho it sounds nice and the guy with the orange would look like a beautiful women. Very nice features

World

VIP

How do you know Hindi and Urdu are closer then Af Maay and Af Maxaa?

reer

VIP
hindi and urdu are two registers/dialects of the same language called hindustani. in pakistan they use arabic script and more persian words. in india they use devanagari script and more sanskrit words. somewhat similar to persian and tajik. much much more similar than af may and af maxaa which have different alphabets and grammar.

Hindustani (/ˌhɪndʊˈstɑːni/; Devanagari: हिन्दुस्तानी,[9] Hindustānī, / Perso-Arabic:[a] ہندوستانی‎, Hindūstānī, lit. 'of Hindustan')[10][2][3] is the lingua franca of Northern India and Pakistan; known in its literary forms as Hindi–Urdu (Devanagari: हिन्दी-उर्दू,[11] Perso-Arabic: ہندی-اردو‎) and historically as Hindui, Hindavi, Zabān-e Hind (transl. 'Language of India'), Zabān-e Hindustan (transl. 'Language of Hindustan'), Hindustan ki boli (transl. 'Language of Hindustan'), Rekhta, and Hindi.[12][13] Its regional dialects became known as Zabān-e Dakhani in southern India, Zabān-e Gujari (transl. 'Language of Gujars') in Gujarat, and as Zabān-e Dehlavi or Urdu around Delhi. It is an Indo-Aryan language, deriving its base primarily from the Western Hindi dialect of Delhi, also known as Khariboli.[14] Hindustani is a pluricentric language, best characterised as a dialect continuum with two standardised registers: Modern Standard Hindi and Modern Standard Urdu. Depending on the social context and geographical area, the language leans towards either side.

Last edited:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP

I have a lot of Indian and Pakistank friends, they can easily speak to each other.

From what they tell me, Hindi and Urdu are mutually intelligible but Bengali, Punjabi and other languages are not.

Xoxoxo

VIP
Idc what it is HE is HANDSOME MASHALLAH 😍😍😍😍😍😍

if guys around the south of Kismayo etc look like this then I know where to find my future husband

Get with the times lil nigga, being bilingual is the way.

When you get eventually deported lil nigga, I hope they will drop you right in the center of Baidoa, ariirkey

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
Get with the times lil nigga, being bilingual is the way.

When you get eventually deported lil nigga, I hope they will drop you right in the center of Baidoa, ariirkey

My tribe too strong i have no business anywhere near baidoa, i will be chilling in my shabaab and eelay free zone

Also af maay will not bring me any benefits id rather them teach english there instead if a multiple dialect plan was to be pushed.

Trending

Latest posts