Af-Maay is it a language?

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
I have seen many on this site try and pass Af-Maay as a seperate language rather than a dialect/Accent. Try and see if you can understand a word from this...

Most probably couldn’t translate a single sentence of that due to its fast pace and gabay level vocabulary but when you get a video with subtitles like this(I know please bare with me)...
You will begin to see Af-maay as just another lahjad. Try slowing the video a little if its too fast you will notice its just heavily accented maxaa-tiri with the words rearranged compared to some areas.

I know few who speak this so its a revelation to me

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
Both videos are fine for me the second one is easier only cause there is context to what is being said though.

SlimFarax

Sheegatoslayer
Af-Soomali = any indigenous somali language

Af Maxaa is the one most Somalis use. It is a language

Af Maay is the one RX use, its also a language

They're both classified under the umbrella term Af Soomaali

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid

You don't know what you are talking about looool there might be more rx people who speak it but in no ways does it belong to a clan

SlimFarax

Sheegatoslayer
You don't know what you are talking about looool there might be more rx people who speak it but in no ways does it belong to a clan

RX was a generalisation. Its generally spoken in Bay, bakool areas

Or were you expecting me to mention its Bantu speakers? :mjpls:

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
RX was a generalisation. Its generally spoken in Bay, bakool areas

Or were you expecting me to mention its Bantu speakers? :mjpls:

Not just in bay or bokol it transcends those places

:rejoice:

There are more Somali clans that speak af maay compared to bantus so try again :feelinmyself:

SlimFarax

Sheegatoslayer
Not just in bay or bokol it transcends those places

:rejoice:

There are more Somali clans that speak af maay compared to bantus so try again :feelinmyself:

Get out your feelings saaxib, I'm not gonna write every langaab clan that speaks af maay in a single post :russ:

Thats a respect reserved for your Laandheere overlords. Beesha Raxanweyne :denzelnigga:

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
Get out your feelings saaxib, I'm not gonna write every langaab clan that speaks af maay in a single post :russ:

Thats a respect reserved for your Laandheere overlords. Beesha Raxanweyne :denzelnigga:

The other major clans that speak it are laangaab now? Even your own Darood brethren imagine insulting your own side

:mjlaugh:

Beesha Barakeysan Raxanweyne are landheree you got that right ! Got you crying about Beesha all the way up in Puntland LMFAO . Don't worry you'll be speaking af maay soon enough hurry up and start learning now , the choice is af maay or afaan oromoo

:denzelnigga:

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
The other major clans that speak it are laangaab now? Even your own Darood brethren imagine insulting your own side

Beesha Barakeysan Raxanweyne are landheree you got that right ! Got you crying about Beesha all the way up in Puntland LMFAO . Don't worry you'll be speaking af maay soon enough hurry up and start learning now , the choice is af maay or afaan oromoo

Which Darood ? Ceel Barde Ogadens and Buraashadley MJ speak Maxaa tiri

I don’t think you know what a language is but Af-Somali is one language. Garre is not Af-Somali but is indigenous.

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
Which Darood ? Ceel Barde Ogadens and Buraashadley MJ speak Maxaa tiri

I don’t think you know what a language is but Af-Somali is one language. Garre is not Af-Somali but is indigenous.
Garre falls under maay i think there are different dialects of maay some are a called a laungage of its own by linguistics while others fall under aafsoomali.

The issue is that maxa tiri is main laungage but RX refuse to speak maxa tiri even though we don't understand them but they understand us.

SlimFarax

Sheegatoslayer

Koonfur Galbeed parliamentarians had a entire calaacal session dedicated to PL and Majerteen in their parliament building ninyahow, thats not the route you want to go down :damn:

Remembering Garacad 2016 when PSF xasuuqed battalions of eelays :lawd:

Ill be easy on you, you lost at least 5 cousins in one day :meleshame: :duckr:

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
Koonfur Galbeed parliamentarians had a entire calaacal session dedicated to PL and Majerteen in their parliament building ninyahow, thats not the route you want to go down :damn:

Remembering Garacad 2016 when PSF xasuuqed battalions of eelays :lawd:

Ill be easy on you, you lost at least 5 cousins in one day :meleshame: :duckr:
PL was allies to RX for decades and helped RRA forces free RX lands from a decade long HG occupation and later with Mohamed dheere of Jowhar founded the SRRC political group that established federalism with Jowhar and Baidoa as transitional capitals. Many RX who fled USC to PL with help from Bay/Bakool MJs who hooked them up with jobs and places to settle. PL and RX have good ties do believe everything you read.

Modern day Baidoa started booming when the first Federal government and its ministries, NGOs etc was based in Baidoa infact all of Bay was under SFG and RX joined in huge numbers the federal forces until sheikh sharifs admin when all those troops choose to be Alshabab under Mukthar roobow.

Last edited:

SlimFarax

Sheegatoslayer
PL was allies to RX and helped RRA forces free RX lands from a decade long HG occupation and later with Mohamed dheere of Jowhar founded the SRRC political group that established federalism with Jowhar and Baidoa as transitional capitals.

Modern day Baidoa started booming when the first Federal government and its ministries, NGOs etc was based in Baidoa infact all of Bay was under SFG and RX joined in huge numbers the federal forces until sheikh sharifs admin when all those troops choose to be Alshabab under Mukthar roobow.

Was talking about the current Laftagareen admin :ivers:

It's a different language, a completely separate language. Both sides fail to understand each other fully so how can you pass it off as a dialect?