Advice

So once week I go to an art class in my local college, since art resources are really expensive and the classes are reasonably priced. There is a lot of people around the same age as me, some a little older. As some one who is anti social and has a resting b•tch face, so people think I am a horrible person, despite that I managed to be acquainted to most people on the course. Now to the dilemma there is a guy who I think is flirting with me. I noticed that the way he act around me Is different to others. He always is trying to talk to me, know about my personal life, offering to buy me food after class and makes dirty jokes. Usually I wouldn’t take this as flirting but he doesn’t even have this energy towards the other girls. I know nothing about guys and I am someone who like to dress down since I hate attention. Although I don’t see this behaviour as harmful, if my suspicions are confirmed then I can no longer be in that class as it will be a fitnah for me. But also this is the only reasonable price class in my whole borough, and I am not trekking to another area for a class that probably will cost more. I don’t want to ask my friends this since I am not that close with them and they would probably not take me seriously. What do I do?

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”
VIP
Take advantage of the free food though for the time being if he keeps being persistent avoid him at all costs and don’t talk to him or entertain him
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So once week I go to an art class in my local college, since art resources are really expensive and the classes are reasonably priced. There is a lot of people around the same age as me, some a little older. As some one who is anti social and has a resting b•tch face, so people think I am a horrible person, despite that I managed to be acquainted to most people on the course. Now to the dilemma there is a guy who I think is flirting with me. I noticed that the way he act around me Is different to others. He always is trying to talk to me, know about my personal life, offering to buy me food after class and makes dirty jokes. Usually I wouldn’t take this as flirting but he doesn’t even have this energy towards the other girls. I know nothing about guys and I am someone who like to dress down since I hate attention. Although I don’t see this behaviour as harmful, if my suspicions are confirmed then I can no longer be in that class as it will be a fitnah for me. But also this is the only reasonable price class in my whole borough, and I am not trekking to another area for a class that probably will cost more. I don’t want to ask my friends this since I am not that close with them and they would probably not take me seriously. What do I do?
Try greyrocking. It's used typically in the context of dealing with narcissistic partners BUT the basic concept of being as boring and uninteresting as possible during your interactions to ensure he loses interest should work.

"Some techniques a person might use when grey rocking include:
  • giving short, noncommittal, or one-word answers
  • keeping interactions short
  • avoiding arguing, no matter what someone says or does to provoke it
  • keeping personal or sensitive information private
  • showing no emotion or vulnerability
  • minimizing contact, such as by waiting long periods of time before responding to texts or leaving a call as quickly as possible"
You already have the RBF down so why not amp up your perceived coldness to really get him to back off.

Try greyrocking. It's used typically in the context of dealing with narcissistic partners BUT the basic concept of being as boring and uninteresting as possible during your interactions to ensure he loses interest should work.

"Some techniques a person might use when grey rocking include:
  • giving short, noncommittal, or one-word answers
  • keeping interactions short
  • avoiding arguing, no matter what someone says or does to provoke it
  • keeping personal or sensitive information private
  • showing no emotion or vulnerability
  • minimizing contact, such as by waiting long periods of time before responding to texts or leaving a call as quickly as possible"
You already have the RBF down so why not amp up your perceived coldness to really get him to back off.

Trending