Advice on hijab-styles (ladies only). ✋

MariaMaria

Education, Peace and Prosperity
These are all hijab styles that I find suits me and my faceshape. Masha’Allah sis, your recommendations are spot on! :)

I only wear the turban style when attending special events tho. Like a week ago when I went to a science seminar held by the science faculty at my university. (It was a little awkward tho. Some white guys started hitting on me, since they didn’t know whether or not I was muslim. So I think I will limit the turban wear for weddings and somali/muslim events from now on.:icon lol: lol).

Why would you say your faceshape doesn’t suit turban? I think most faceshape suits turban, except maybe long faces or very round faces. :confused: Maybe it is the style of turban you wore that didn’t suit you.

May I ask, how do you wear the second style? I have tried this before, and it suits me. But I always get very paranoid when there is windy outside during the summers. So how do you pin it down to make it safe?:rolleyes:

Thanks for making this thread abaayo :2tjlv3e: I've been thinking of trying something new.

lmaoo that's soo funny , how can the white buys not sense that you might be muslim? :ftw9nwa:

The hijab I usually wear in the summer is light but very long which makes it a little heavier and also on very hot days where its not as windy, but watch out when taking the tube coz when the train arrives that's when I have to catch my hijab from flying away or hitting into someone face:oh6b81q: you can also pin a little bit of the hijab at the back to your top

I have a small, slim face and really long hair so when I put my hair in a turban becomes a huge and end up looking like that xayawaan from alien vs predator . :mjlol:

I think I just haven't found the right turban style, got any recommendations ??

SumMo

very lowkey
Thanks for making this thread abaayo :2tjlv3e: I've been thinking of trying something new.

lmaoo that's soo funny , how can the white buys not sense that you might be muslim? :ftw9nwa:

The hijab I usually wear in the summer is light but very long which makes it a little heavier and also on very hot days where its not as windy, but watch out when taking the tube coz when the train arrives that's when I have to catch my hijab from flying away or hitting into someone face:oh6b81q: you can also pin a little bit of the hijab at the back to your top

I have a small, slim face and really long hair so when I put my hair in a turban becomes a huge and end up looking like that xayawaan from alien vs predator . :mjlol:

I think I just haven't found the right turban style, got any recommendations ??

Mahadsanid! :it0tdo8: You are more than welcome abaayo. :) Hahaha, wallahi I have no idea. All I remember thinking was ‘Never again am I wearing a turban in a white setting’, bisinka:ftw9nwa:

Thank you abaayo, I will deff try that out. I think pinning it to your top is the smartest thing to do, so I will do that.

Hmm, I have a very small face myself and long hair. Which is why I wear undercap under my turban, to flatten my hair out. :confused:

The turban styles works for me tho. I make sure the material is very soft and thin. How I usually wear mine:
7500E21A-9CEA-4C8C-AD79-602134B45785.jpeg

I don’t have a pic of the style I wore to the seminar, but it was more african inspired. A bit like this:
46C0FC38-DCDB-4339-B05A-3353B66ABB1A.jpeg

If none of these suit you, I would advice you to look for youtube videos of other turban style. Insha’Allah you find one that suits you!:rolleyes::it0tdo8:

MariaMaria

Education, Peace and Prosperity
Mahadsanid! :it0tdo8: You are more than welcome abaayo. :) Hahaha, wallahi I have no idea. All I remember thinking was ‘Never again am I wearing a turban in a white setting’, bisinka:ftw9nwa:

Thank you abaayo, I will deff try that out. I think pinning it to your top is the smartest thing to do, so I will do that.

Hmm, I have a very small face myself and long hair. Which is why I wear undercap under my turban, to flatten my hair out. :confused:

The turban styles works for me tho. I make sure the material is very soft and thin. How I usually wear mine:
View attachment 39920

I don’t have a pic of the style I wore to the seminar, but it was more african inspired. A bit like this:
View attachment 39921

If none of these suit you, I would advice you to look for youtube videos of other turban style. Insha’Allah you find one that suits you!:rolleyes::it0tdo8:

I love the look of this turban style !!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I have always wanted to try it, probably that style will be best suited for me. I totally get why they thought you weren't muslim in that case a lot of black girls wear it like this. :yloezpe:

Doesn't the undercap hurt your hairline?? especially when you have long hair. I'm scared my big ass forehead will get bigger if I wear one.

I really love how Turkish women wear their hijabs

it looks classy :it0tdo8: is it me or are Turkish hijabis the loveliest people, whenever I meet one she is so lovely and always wants to chat.

SumMo

very lowkey
I love the look of this turban style !!
I have always wanted to try it, probably that style will be best suited for me. I totally get why they thought you weren't muslim in that case a lot of black girls wear it like this. :yloezpe:

Doesn't the undercap hurt your hairline?? especially when you have long hair. I'm scared my big ass forehead will get bigger if I wear one.

I really love how Turkish women wear their hijabs

it looks classy :it0tdo8: is it me or are Turkish hijabis the loveliest people, whenever I meet one she is so lovely and always wants to chat.

Haha. Yes that could absolutely be a reason why. :ftw9nwa: (Oops my fault.) But I did wear it with a turtleneck and a long dress. lol stupid white boys..

Yup, you should deff try that style out! It is true that undercap damage your hairline/baby hairs, but I rarely wear turbans. So I don’t mind wearing an undercap when I wear one. (If you want to wear it more often, I suggest you avoid undercap!:nvjpqts:)

Noo, you are absolutely right!! Most of my friends are turkish, and the way they wear their hijabs; tooo beautiful masha’Allah! I always compliment them on it!

I actually tried that turkish hijab style you send a pic off. I bought many different hijabs from Istanbul, and I wore them for a month. It didn’t really suit me, but it looked nevertheless beautiful. :yloezpe::it0tdo8: Never felt more classy in my entire life.

Wow, you situation is very similar to my one of my sisters. Deff will be telling her about this, mahadsanid.

No, my hair is straight like this (except darker):View attachment 39776

But ever since wearing hijab it turned more like this:View attachment 39778

And I have to constantly use repairing shampoo to make it look like how it naturally looks.

I deff will take your advice to see if my hair changes. ilaahay khair ha ku siyo:it0tdo8:
If your hair is like that in real life you got nice texture you're one of the lucky ones mine around 3b easily tangling always dry mess. Your type of hair is easier to manage even. DIY Avocado hair mask are good you'll just need coconut milk peppermint oil and fresh avocado thats not completely raw either. Im a new Hijabi myself the only style i can do is the one in my profile photo Help me my friends laugh at me when i ask them help or dont want to show.

Who remembers those huge spaceship hijab styles? I never could do those detailed origami folding hijabi styles.

I am sure am glad they're not fashionable anymore

I wear 2 hijabs, one for volume (which i wear criss cross like a turban) and the second one i wear it on my head and throw it over my shoulder.

Are there any sisters with a long face? I feel like I have a really weird face shape and open neck hijab styles and turbans are the ONLY styles that suit me 😭

Trending