Advice on hijab-styles (ladies only). ✋

SumMo

very lowkey
Salam Ladies. :D✨ I wanna know what hijab styles you prefer, as I am planning on changing my current hijab-style.
I have worn this style all my three years in Uni, and I need a change.:confused:

I personally wear my hijab like this on the daily:
1BE41CDE-D99F-4D9B-8767-938B6FA185D0.jpeg

During winter times I will wear it with an undercap, and during summer-times I will wear it without (to avoid the famous hijab tan line).

Its hard to find a suitable hijabstyle for my face. My face is small and the shape is a mixture between oval and round (think Halle Berry). :/ So should I go for round or for oval? I also want this hijab style to be modest and reflect our Islamic dress-code. :nvjpqts: So sisters; any ideas or recommendations?

Also, which hijab style(s) is your personal go-to? :superman:

Ahmed Ali

Oshibobo
Hi sister SumMo hope you're doing well.

My sister Amina she has a YouTube channel and she basically talks about woman health and beauty. before she started her YouTube channel she weighted 160 kilo, and she mange to drop all that to 86kilo and she does a beautiful hijab style if you're intrastate to find out more about her hijabs and he weight lose you can check out her YouTube channel is call amenabeauty

On this video tutorial she talks about make up and simple modest Hijab

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
I used to wear a scarf with an undercap, but you need to ditch those things because it’s bad for your hair(line). It makes your hair super flat and can damage your edges. Since I stopped wearing an undercap my curls came back, my hair is a lot thicker now and looks much more healthier.

I now wear a plain scarf without any pins. Exactly like this, but without any hair showing. I have the same face shape as you and I think this style suits my face the best.

images

SumMo

very lowkey
I used to wear a scarf with an undercap, but you need to ditch those things because it’s bad for your hair(line). It makes your hair super flat and can damage your edges. Since I stopped wearing an undercap my curls came back, my hair is much thicker now and looks much more healthier.

I now wear a plain scarf without any pins. Exactly like this, but without any hair showing. I have the same face shape as you and I think this style suits my face the best.

images
Wow, I didn’t know about that. I don’t have curly hair tho, and my edges are fine. But I do feel like my hair changed ever since wearing hijab.

I will stop wearing undercaps now. Thank you so much for this. (I learn something new everyday.):eek::it0tdo8:

RICH

Wow, I didn’t know about that. I don’t have curly hair tho, and my edges are fine. But I do feel like my hair changed ever since wearing hijab.

I will stop wearing undercaps now. Thank you so much for this. (I learn something new everyday.):eek::it0tdo8:

Same! My hair changed too.... Did you use to have (soft) curls before wearing hijab? My curls were almost gone because of it. Now I’m not suffocating my hair anymore and my soft curls came back!

SumMo

very lowkey
I used to wear a scarf with an undercap, but you need to ditch those things because it’s bad for your hair(line). It makes your hair super flat and can damage your edges. Since I stopped wearing an undercap my curls came back, my hair is a lot thicker now and looks much more healthier.

images
Same! My hair changed too.... Did you use to have (soft) curls before wearing hijab? My curls were almost gone because of it. Now I’m not suffocating my hair anymore and my soft curls came back!
Wow, you situation is very similar to my one of my sisters. Deff will be telling her about this, mahadsanid.

No, my hair is straight like this (except darker):
FCF05EE9-E8C4-43C4-AF11-DA9ED8DD1226.jpeg

But ever since wearing hijab it turned more like this:
28A29855-9078-496B-990C-4A1842C383E7.jpeg

And I have to constantly use repairing shampoo to make it look like how it naturally looks.

I deff will take your advice to see if my hair changes. ilaahay khair ha ku siyo:it0tdo8:

Last edited:

RICH

Wow, you situation is very similar to my one of my sisters. Deff will be telling her about this, mahadsanid.

No, my hair is straight like this (except longer and darker):View attachment 39776

But ever since wearing hijab it turned more like this:View attachment 39778

And I have to constantly use repairing shampoo to make it look like how it naturally looks.

I deff will take your advice to see if my hair changes. ilaahay khair ha ku siyo:it0tdo8:

Adaa muudan huuno. Ameen love. You’re so sweet allaahuma baarik!! Don’t wash your hair too often with shampoo, just once/twice a week. But if you need to wash it more often (for example because of any gym sessions) then only use conditioner.

Allaahuma baarik, you have nice hair to work with maa shaa Allah. Your hair is comparable to mine but I got a bit more soft curls. Another thing to give your hair a boost up is to start using henna!! Wallaahi it will make your hair gorg!!

Last edited:

SumMo

very lowkey
Asa nuisance huuno. Ameen love. You’re so sweet allaahuma baarik!! Don’t wash your hair too often with shampoo, just once/twice a week. But if you need to wash it more often (for example because of any gym sessions) then only use conditioner.

Allaahuma baarik, you have nice hair to work with maa shaa Allah. Your hair is comparable to mine but I got a bit more soft curls. Another thing to give your hair a boost up is to start using henna!! Wallaahi it will make your hair gorg!!
Thank you so much abaayo! I have heard about the henna as well, my mom does it. Deff will be trying that too. So many things added to my hair care routine now, thank you a million times! :)

Insha’Allah my hair will get back to its state again. I wish you the best in your hair care journey as well abaayo. May you be eternally blessed, amiin. :it0tdo8::rolleyes:

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
I have round or oval face. Which hijab style suits me best?
I usually do turban or like this style
images

I wear a jilbab so I don't have advice on hijab styles @SumMo , but the most important thing is you being comfortable the hijab girls wear these days is too high maintenance with the pins and caps.
I wear a hijab under my jilbab but make it super flat so it it doesn't show on my jilbab lol
Saudi+Hijab+Styles+2013+3.jpg

styles to try out
malaysian/indo style
a21af70434004c64a005303ab9c0a866.jpg

1a52e68c14640febae734ead09f76d7e.jpg

french
french-court-veils-ban.jpg

arabian style
hijab.jpg

turkish style
s-l300.jpg

Or the way the timo jileec (pakistani,indians) wear it which I've seen many tutorials of it on youtube this particular one is of a model that was on a l'oreal campaign
amena_khan.jpg

amena-khan.jpg

SumMo

very lowkey
I have round or oval face. Which hijab style suits me best?
I usually do turban or like this style
images
Sounds like you have the same face-shape as me. I wore mine like this today, and I actually like how it look. (without the undercap, as I took the advice from my sister @RICH :it0tdo8: ) :
05D2AE97-FD39-407F-88F4-374A6081ABC0.jpeg

It’s very easy to do. And I pin it at the button. I also wear turbans sometimes.

Another hijab style that I think would suit you is this (most of my sisters wear this style):
D677581F-9B33-4CD1-8B65-3213754D7426.jpeg

I personally don’t like this style on me since I have a small face. But it would look good on you if your face isn’t very small..:rolleyes:

Last edited:

SumMo

very lowkey
:)
I wear a jilbab so I don't have advice on hijab styles @SumMo , but the most important thing is you being comfortable the hijab girls wear these days is too high maintenance with the pins and caps.
I wear a hijab under my jilbab but make it super flat so it it doesn't show on my jilbab lol
Saudi+Hijab+Styles+2013+3.jpg

styles to try out
malaysian/indo style
a21af70434004c64a005303ab9c0a866.jpg

1a52e68c14640febae734ead09f76d7e.jpg

french
french-court-veils-ban.jpg

arabian style
hijab.jpg

turkish style
s-l300.jpg

Or the way the timo jileec (pakistani,indians) wear it which I've seen many tutorials of it on youtube this particular one is of a model that was on a l'oreal campaign
amena_khan.jpg

amena-khan.jpg

Masha’Allah sisters you know so much about hijab styles. I am genuinely impressed and inspired! :rolleyes::it0tdo8: Hahahaha, the ‘timo jileec’ hijab style, right up my alley. :ftw9nwa::yloezpe: Except I am not paki/hindi.

I agree, my turkish friends all wear very complicated (yet beautiful) hijab styleso_O. And whenever we go to the bathroom to fix our hijabs, I see at least 10 different pins being used. This is too much for me, as I want my new style to be simple and easy to maintain. My desi and kurdish friends don’t wear hijabs. :zhqjlmx:Which is why I came on here to ask you guys, and you have all given me such incredible advices. Mahadsanid!

(Wow. One of my goals in life is to wear a jilbab. May I ask how it is different from wearing a regular hijab? Masha’Allah! :it0tdo8: You keep impressing me sister @Idil-Beydaan :rolleyes: :dzmxmmb:)

Last edited:

Vanessa

VIP
Sounds like you have the same face-shape as me. I wore mine like this today, and I actually like how it look. (without the undercap, as I took the advice from my sister @RICH :it0tdo8: ) :
View attachment 39904

It’s very easy to do. And I pin it at the button. I also wear turbans sometimes.

Another hijab style that I think would suit you is this (most of my sisters wear this style):
View attachment 39902

I personally don’t like this style on me since I have a small face. But it would look good on you if your face isn’t very small..:rolleyes:
I’ll try these styles on weekends. Thanks for your suggestions.

:)

Masha’Allah sisters you know so much about hijab styles. I am genuinely impressed and inspired! :rolleyes::it0tdo8: Hahahaha, the ‘timo jileec’ hijab style, right up my alley. :ftw9nwa::yloezpe: Except I am not paki/hindi.

I agree, my turkish friends all wear very complicated (yet beautiful) hijab styleso_O. And whenever we go to the bathroom to fix our hijabs, I see at least 10 different pins being used. This is too much for me, as I want my new style to be simple and easy to maintain. My desi and kurdish friends don’t wear hijabs. :zhqjlmx:Which is why I came on here to ask you guys, and you have all given me such incredible advices. Mahadsanid!

(Wow. One of my goals in life is to wear a jilbab. May I ask how it is different from wearing a regular hijab? Masha’Allah! :it0tdo8: You keep impressing me sister @Idil-Beydaan :rolleyes: :dzmxmmb:)
Adha mudan, you're so sweet :it0tdo8::it0tdo8::it0tdo8::it0tdo8::it0tdo8:
Well until recently for years I wore this one
jilbab-2-parts-mina-ii.jpg

now I just wear a normal somali jilbab as it's lighter and easier to put a labcoat on with

On eid days I sometimes were other types of jilbaabs like
1422613075_offer_1530389_587786187935911_1279624368_n.jpg

1ceb469a0b955e880a70b65c20a00b72.jpg

Vanessa

VIP
Adha mudan, you're so sweet :it0tdo8::it0tdo8::it0tdo8::it0tdo8::it0tdo8:
Well until recently for years I wore this one
jilbab-2-parts-mina-ii.jpg

now I just wear a normal somali jilbab as it's lighter and easier to put a labcoat on with

On eid days I sometimes were other types of jilbaabs like
1422613075_offer_1530389_587786187935911_1279624368_n.jpg

1ceb469a0b955e880a70b65c20a00b72.jpg
MashaAllah @Idil-Beydaan
Opposite of me, I like wearing fitted or tight clothing. I’ve never wear jilbab for personal reason.

MariaMaria

Education, Peace and Prosperity
I wear my hijab like this

imga84d47e92ee323a9a8f97d328d726472.jpg

I used to wear a black under piece but it made my baby hair super sensitive and gave me a head ache.

In the summer I wear it without a pin

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think this will suit an oval face

or something like

Tips-Solekan-Nude-Hijabista-450x300.jpg

I wish I had a face that looked good in a turban :kendrickcry:

SumMo

very lowkey
I wear my hijab like this

imga84d47e92ee323a9a8f97d328d726472.jpg

I used to wear a black under piece but it made my baby hair super sensitive and gave me a head ache.

In the summer I wear it without a pin

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think this will suit an oval face

or something like

Tips-Solekan-Nude-Hijabista-450x300.jpg

I wish I had a face that looked good in a turban :kendrickcry:
These are all hijab styles that I find suits me and my faceshape. Masha’Allah sis, your recommendations are spot on! :)

I only wear the turban style when attending special events tho. Like a week ago when I went to a science seminar held by the science faculty at my university. (It was a little awkward tho. Some white guys started hitting on me, since they didn’t know whether or not I was muslim. So I think I will limit the turban wear for weddings and somali/muslim events from now on.:icon lol: lol).

Why would you say your faceshape doesn’t suit turban? I think most faceshape suits turban, except maybe long faces or very round faces. :confused: Maybe it is the style of turban you wore that didn’t suit you.

May I ask, how do you wear the second style? how do you pin it down to make it safe?:rolleyes:

Last edited: