Advice needed for dawah

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
@Blade1 is this af caraabi for "waxaan rabaa in aan walaalka xooga shukaansado" ? waan gartay

moroccan ayaa dooqakaga ah. Ciyaarta meel dheer aya ka ciyaaraysa walaashay !!!!!!

:gaasdrink::gaasdrink:

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
@Blade1 is this af caraabi for "waxaan rabaa in aan walaalka xooga shukaansado" ? waan gartay

moroccan ayaa dooqakaga ah. Ciyaarta meel dheer aya ka ciyaaraysa walaashay !!!!!!

:gaasdrink::gaasdrink:
:vqbuyv0:
Alla no way fam atleast when he gets more religious he can stay away. I'm deaddddddd:cryinglaughsmiley:
Imagine that was my plan I'd be evil:qri8gs7:
He's good looking but only faraxs for me

AdoonkaAlle

@Blade1 kaftaanka aside

From what you've described it seems that the guy isn't practising and this is sole reason for his queestions basically. Until one addresses the initially cause that stopped him from practising you'll never be able to make him understand. It's like being asked for directions by a person who has their eyes closed.

When people reach that stage it takes a very traumatic experience for them to change their ways, well for some people. His is far from being close to Allah and is not willing to take any action to get close to him, so it's not a surprise to see that he's questioning Allah's commandments. Best course of action for you would be to ask him what value does the deen hold in his eyes. Tell him to ponder over it and make his decision afterwards

Laakin i would say that unless you are grounded yourself in the deen it's best to avoid such people as they may affect your deen as well. Also direct him to a brother/or even youtube videos as suggested so as to not put yourself in any harm or feel sort of ashamed that you are practising. You can't be able to do dawah via means which are not permissible to begin with. I've had my share of dealing with such individuals for the most part they were just interested in debating nothing more, it gets to a point where the best thing to do is not engage with them tbh

AdoonkaAlle

:vqbuyv0:
Alla no way fam atleast when he gets more religious he can stay away. I'm deaddddddd:cryinglaughsmiley:
Imagine that was my plan I'd be evil:qri8gs7:
He's good looking but only faraxs for me

Blade ildheere that's your naanays from now onwards haye deh.

:siilaanyosmile:

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
If he is a muslim then what f*ck is he doing this haraam shit with you he seems like a player drop him in qashin:trash:
It’s 2018
Hijabis are weird.

Some want you to approach them like how gaalo do while others don’t. You can never really know if they are religous or if they aren’t

You have to look at the way they act pretty much.

That’s a big reason why I kind of just never tried to associate with some. Why waste their time.

No need to bash the haram thing. That’s what everyone does already. Even though it’s not encouraged the haram way of dating has lasted in long happy marriages for couples out there.

There's this guy who always says stuff like oh why is everything haram, that he's not that religious and asked me if I prayed and if I always wore the hijab and didnt take it off like every other girl and if I prayed 5x a day. (BTW BOYS DON'T ASK A GIRL WHY SHE ISN'T PRAYING FOR FLIPS SAKE, IMMA SAY I'M A GAAL NEXT TIME THAT'S WHY I'M NOT)

Anyway after that rant lemme get back to this event. So all this religious talk started after he tried to touch my hand and initially I was gonna let it go but then I didn't want to be a hypocrite and even though it got awkward I was like "Yh I can't touch guys" and hes like "oh you're one them religious ones" :ayaanswag: wtf
I wish I could've used this pic in the moment lool the irony I'm using her in a thread called dawah :gaasdrink:

So I tried my best but he seemed like the type who needs to be tiptoed with and he's not somali so unlike us who are used to harsh words from lecturers he isn't.
So how do I give dawah to him to make him slowly ease in and can I even give dawah to a guy:icon e confused:

I don't know if you two were alone and I'm not assuming you two were but I just wanted to cite on the subject of dawah

"If she makes da’wah to men she must do so whilst observing hijaab and without being alone with any non-mahram man."

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/21730/women-and-dawah

also, I think the guy is interested in you, not dawah.... if he wants to learn about Islam, he should go to the masjid like someone said....

I think he sounds like he follows his desires and into his desires.... Allah's guiding him is in Allah's hands.... I don't think you need to give him dawah.... you might think you're giving him dawah but I think he's just thinking he wants to get close to you.... if he follows what's right is up to him

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
@Blade1 kaftaanka aside

From what you've described it seems that the guy isn't practising and this is sole reason for his queestions basically. Until one addresses the initially cause that stopped him from practising you'll never be able to make him understand. It's like being asked for directions by a person who has their eyes closed.

When people reach that stage it takes a very traumatic experience for them to change their ways, well for some people. His is far from being close to Allah and is not willing to take any action to get close to him, so it's not a surprise to see that he's questioning Allah's commandments. Best course of action for you would be to ask him what value does the deen hold in his eyes. Tell him to ponder over it and make his decision afterwards

Laakin i would say that unless you are grounded yourself in the deen it's best to avoid such people as they may affect your deen as well. Also direct him to a brother/or even youtube videos as suggested so as to not put yourself in any harm or feel sort of ashamed that you are practising. You can't be able to do dawah via means which are not permissible to begin with. I've had my share of dealing with such individuals for the most part they were just interested in debating nothing more, it gets to a point where the best thing to do is not engage with them tbh
I don't know if you two were alone and I'm not assuming you two were but I just wanted to cite on the subject of dawah

"If she makes da’wah to men she must do so whilst observing hijaab and without being alone with any non-mahram man."

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/21730/women-and-dawah

also, I think the guy is interested in you, not dawah.... if he wants to learn about Islam, he should go to the masjid like someone said....

I think he sounds like he follows his desires and into his desires.... Allah's guiding him is in Allah's hands.... I don't think you need to give him dawah.... you might think you're giving him dawah but I think he's just thinking he wants to get close to you.... if he follows what's right is up to him
Jazakallah I will take your suggestions maybe I should go away from him at first I thought I might be losing my chance to give him dawah but maybe it's better to stay away.
Jazakallah for your sincere replies

Always Lit

Everybody lies, which ones are tolerable??
There's this guy who always says stuff like oh why is everything haram, that he's not that religious and asked me if I prayed and if I always wore the hijab and didnt take it off like every other girl and if I prayed 5x a day. (BTW BOYS DON'T ASK A GIRL WHY SHE ISN'T PRAYING FOR FLIPS SAKE, IMMA SAY I'M A GAAL NEXT TIME THAT'S WHY I'M NOT)

Anyway after that rant lemme get back to this event. So all this religious talk started after he tried to touch my hand and initially I was gonna let it go but then I didn't want to be a hypocrite and even though it got awkward I was like "Yh I can't touch guys" and hes like "oh you're one them religious ones" :ayaanswag: wtf
I wish I could've used this pic in the moment lool the irony I'm using her in a thread called dawah :gaasdrink:

So I tried my best but he seemed like the type who needs to be tiptoed with and he's not somali so unlike us who are used to harsh words from lecturers he isn't.
So how do I give dawah to him to make him slowly ease in and can I even give dawah to a guy:icon e confused:
NAA SEND HIM TO THE NEAREST SALAFI MOSQUE BEFORE HE PINCHES YOUR CHUBBY CHEEKS...

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
NAA SEND HIM TO THE NEAREST SALAFI MOSQUE BEFORE HE PINCHES YOUR CHUBBY CHEEKS...
Loooool :liberaltears:
Stop taking the piss :gucciwhat:
And how am I meant to take him to a masajid when he's already a muslim :bell: how do I casually refer and take him to a salafi masajid without insulting him as if he's a gaal:comeon:he's a good guy just a bit wishy washy

AdoonkaAlle

Jazakallah I will take your suggestions maybe I should go away from him at first I thought I might be losing my chance to give him dawah but maybe it's better to stay away.
Jazakallah for your sincere replies

Wa iyyakum Walaal

I understand your dilemma but sometimes you have to weigh up the pros and cons before you take any action walaal. If you know it's not within your reach deh iska dhaaf walaal as you will save yourself from any potential issue that would've occurred had you engaged with it.

I remember one time where a kurdish girl in one of my modules came up to me one day and asked me what's so appealing about womens hair that they had to cover it ? She said she understood why they had to cover others parts of the body but couldn't understand why the hair ? like what's so appealing with it? I replied back and informed her that it's a command from Allah to do so and that other reasons are secondary, sometimes you may or may not understand the hikmah behind a particular commandment but nonetheless as muslims it's sufficient for us to know that it came from Allah.

She looked at me and i could tell that she wasn't convinced by it, the reason being that despite coming from a muslim background she didn't wear hijab and didn't pray. It's impossible for an individual to submit to Allah while they are distant from Him. Instead of submitting to Allah in it's place a person becomes a slave to his/her worldly desires and is guided by it. Until they come to the realization that their chosen path is the wrong one they'll never submit and accept their status as being a slave of Allah. In our age a lot of muslim are willing to accept that Allah exists but they are not willing to accept his Lordship ie their status as slaves of Allah.

Sheikh

Jaalle Ugas ''Comrade Ugas''
VIP
This is one of the most confusing threads bisinka walaal did you not even read my first post:O27GWRK:
I need advice how do I give dawah to someone who thinks everything is haram how do I ease someone without making them shut off. Jzk

Alright walaal @Blade1 you need to convince that person that not everything is not haram. Why does he or she think that horta? That's kinda ignorant.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Alright walaal @Blade1 you need to convince that person that not everything is not haram. Why does he or she think that horta? That's kinda ignorant.
Wallahi idk he said that other than drinking doing drugs he does everything else:ayaanswag:
It's very ignorant that's why I said it's haram for our benefit also he kept mixing up haram with banned in muslim nations so there's this game banned in his nation and hes like how are games haram and I'm like it's banned not haram. I think he's just assuming everything is haram from what everyone else says

Wa iyyakum Walaal

I understand your dilemma but sometimes you have to weigh up the pros and cons before you take any action walaal. If you know it's not within your reach deh iska dhaaf walaal as you will save yourself from any potential issue that would've occurred had you engaged with it.

I remember one time where a kurdish girl in one of my modules came up to me one day and asked me what's so appealing about womens hair that they had to cover it ? She said she understood why they had to cover others parts of the body but couldn't understand why the hair ? like what's so appealing with it? I replied back and informed her that it's a command from Allah to do so and that other reasons are secondary, sometimes you may or may not understand the hikmah behind a particular commandment but nonetheless as muslims it's sufficient for us to know that it came from Allah.

She looked at me and i could tell that she wasn't convinced by it, the reason being that despite coming from a muslim background she didn't wear hijab and didn't pray. It's impossible for an individual to submit to Allah while they are distant from Him. Instead of submitting to Allah in it's place a person becomes a slave to his/her worldly desires and is guided by it. Until they come to the realization that their chosen path is the wrong one they'll never submit and accept their status as being a slave of Allah. In our age a lot of muslim are willing to accept that Allah exists but they are not willing to accept his Lordship ie their status as slaves of Allah.

Honestly, I sort of hate to say this- not because I don't believe this- but because I don't want to offend.....

but I agree with the Kurdish girl. What is so special about a woman's hair? Frankly, who cares about a woman's hair? A man is interested in the face. The face and then some other stuff... the hair is further down the list. When guys talk about girls- they don't talk about the hair. I am with the Kurdish girl and I agree with her point. I am with Assim Al Hakeem on this and he explains it better than I can.

@from about 3:50 he explains what I am talking about

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/21134/do-women-have-to-wear-niqaab

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/11774/ruling-on-covering-the-face-with-detailed-evidence

I don't take this side because of any desires on my part- I honestly wish I could take the other opinion- it would be a lot more popular and a lot easier. However, when the matter is examined objectively and we look at the evidence- I think the evidence for the position of IslamQA and Assim Al Hakeem is stronger. I think the Kurdish girl was right with what she said and I agree with her. I think what she said makes perfect sense.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Honestly, I sort of hate to say this- not because I don't believe this- but because I don't want to offend.....

but I agree with the Kurdish girl. What is so special about a woman's hair? Frankly, who cares about a woman's hair? A man is interested in the face. The face and then some other stuff... the hair is further down the list. When guys talk about girls- they don't talk about the hair. I am with the Kurdish girl and I agree with her point. I am with Assim Al Hakeem on this and he explains it better than I can.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/11774/ruling-on-covering-the-face-with-detailed-evidence

I don't take this side because of any desires on my part- I honestly wish I could take the other opinion- it would be a lot more popular and a lot easier. However, when the matter is examined objectively and we look at the evidence- I think the evidence for the position of IslamQA and Assim Al Hakeem is stronger. I think the Kurdish girl was right with what she said and I agree with her. I think what she said makes perfect sense.
Yes true but alot of girls look way more different and beautiful when they show their hair especially if they have curly hair or hair you wouldn't expect them to have. I do think it's second to the face but hair does make a gurl pretty or not I've seen many girls 6 without showing hair and then 8 when they showed their hair.

In psychology the persons hair is used to see the health and fertility of the individual and is one of the factors taken into account before finding a spouse so naturally men get attracted to a girls hair. It's also a sign of femininity

AdoonkaAlle

Brother i believe you missed my point, whether one understands the reasons or not it does not change the obligation of adhering to the command. Secondly when it comes to beauty it's not simply limited to the face despite it being the main aspect of attraction. Other factors play an important role as well but more importantly just because you don't find it appealing doesn't mean other won't. Which is why i stated that we shouldn't base our acceptance or refusal based on secondary reasons.

It doesn't matter whether men find it attractive or not at the end of the day women are required to cover their hair as it's a command from Allah and this alone should be sufficient as a reason.

Brother i believe you missed my point, whether one understands the reasons or not it does not change the obligation of adhering to the command. Secondly when it comes to beauty it's not simply limited to the face despite it being the main aspect of attraction. Other factors play an important role as well but more importantly just because you don't find it appealing doesn't mean other won't. Which is why i stated that we shouldn't base our acceptance or refusal based on secondary reasons.

It doesn't matter whether men find it attractive or not at the end of the day women are required to cover their hair as it's a command from Allah and this alone should be sufficient as a reason.

I don't think I missed the point. Where is it a command from Allah that women should just cover the hair? I don't think that's a command from Allah.

AdoonkaAlle

I don't think I missed the point. Where is it a command from Allah that women should just cover the hair? I don't think that's a command from Allah.

Covering the hair is part of the obligation of Hijab, i didn't say it's the only part. That was the point i was trying to put across. It doesn't matter whether men find it appealing or not women still have to cover their hair as it comes under the obligation of hijab.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
He's Muslim. It is not your obligation to guide him. If he wants advice he knows who to consult. It was already unbecoming of him to give unwanted contact. Being respectful is recognizing that people have boundaries that shouldn't be traversed. Mention that next time.

Covering the hair is part of the obligation of Hijab, i didn't say it's the only part. That was the point i was trying to put across. It doesn't matter whether men find it appealing or not women still have to cover their hair as it comes under the obligation of hijab.

I agree women have to cover their hair and I don't dispute that. I was disputing the view that niqab isn't fard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts