Aden Adde vs Siad Barre : Which Somali Leader Contributed to Higher Growth? A Comparative Analysis

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
It’s unfair to compare the first 7 years of Somalia’s government existence to the third president of Somalia.

Aden Adde had to establish many things that are basic for a country.

Siyaad Barre’s initial growth came from the foundations built by the SYL.

GemState

36/21
VIP
The Kacaan raised Somalia's GDP per capita by $1.5 a year. $35 over 21 years.

I really, really doubt Somalia was ever economically viable as a state. We should have joined Ethiopia in a confederation like Senegambia or negiotiate a closer kind of ASEAN/NAFTA type of economic integration. All of our economic & political institutions needed(and still need to) to be tied to Ethiopia for us to succeed.

But we were commie larping crypto-fascists to get Russkie gibs for 3 decades. :russ:

Last edited:
Aden Adde father of the Nation. Was to lead two former colonies and unify them into a single state.

Aden Adde was the first African leader to hold free and far elections, loose that election and accept the results.

Hawiya build the foundation of this nation.

Said Barre conspired in a military coup to take power after the second president of the country was killed by another fellow Darood.

Said Barre starts a fail invasion of Ethiopia

Starts killing citizens and bombs the second capital of the national Hargeisa with airplanes.

When the rebels reach the capital he doesn’t surrender and flees to the border of Kenya and Somalia to continue his useless war. At least Mengestu fled to Zimbabwe and spared his country.

Darood destroyed the nation by assassinating president Sharmarke, which gave raise to typical African strongman.

Correct any of my statements if I said anything wrong.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
The Kacaan raised Somalia's GDP per capita by $1.5 a year. $35 over 21 years.

I really, really doubt Somalia was ever economically viable as a state. We should have joined Ethiopia in a confederation like Senegambia or negiotiate a closer kind of ASEAN/NAFTA type of economic integration. All of our economic & political institutions needed(and still need to) to be tied to Ethiopia for us to succeed.

But we were commie larping crypto-fascists to get Russkie gibs for 3 decades. :russ:

The 1969 coup was Russian-backed regime change. The “father of the Kacaan” Salaad Kediye was a KGB operative.

The 1969 coup was Russian-backed regime change. The “father of the Kacaan” Salaad Kediye was a KGB operative.

it woule have been better if someone with principles like him (communist) or Gabreyre (soc-dem) won instead of a power-hungry maniac like barre

it’s sort of like Ethiopia, where the worst coup leader (Mingustu) ended up winning

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
it woule have been better if someone with principles like him (communist) or Gabreyre (soc-dem) won instead of a power-hungry maniac like barre

it’s sort of like Ethiopia, where the worst coup leader (Mingustu) ended up winning

Salaad Kediye and Gabreye are the same person.

He was the mastermind behind the coup, Barre used Salaad and his USSR connections to overthrow the SYL then placed him in front of the firing squad once his usefulness expired.

Siad Barre was an evil Fagash bastard. We are still fighting his CBB ideology today. The coward ran away from the country after he destroyed everything

Adan adde is one of the founding father of the country siyad bare was the dictator who destroyed
Aden Adde AUN was the father of African democracy. My abti general daud hersi was founder and commander of SNA but siad barre was part of the plan to poison him in an ‘unexpected’ death in Russia. If he never died, there would have been no Siad barre

Aden Adde AUN was the father of African democracy. My abti general daud hersi was founder and commander of SNA but siad barre was part of the plan to poison him in an ‘unexpected’ death in Russia. If he never died, there would have been no Siad barre
He’s my awoowe Subhnallah May Allah swt grant him jannatul firdauws.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP

You can ask people like @InaShaqalle that I am a big proponent that general Daud was murdered in Russia.

Russia has blood on their hands when it comes to Somalia, deposed our democracy, armed Barre for years and sided with Ethiopia in Ogaden.

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
Hey Hey are you guys calling another nigga father ? gotcha

Vibing Manny Machado GIF by MLB

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Obviously more was achieved during Siad Barre's term but it was 21 years and the decline happened 9 years in. However compare it to South Korea which had a similar GDP per capita to Somalia and see what happened.

Siad barre was alright from 1969-1977, after the 1977 war, he turned evil.

During Aden Adde years, there was loads of corruption.

Somalia was actually on the verge of collapse in 1969, but then military coup happened.

I think the country of Somalia would’ve collapsed anyways, Siad barre regime just prolonged it until the very end 1991.

Libaax-Joore

Beesha haplogroup e-by8081
VIP
Siad barre was alright from 1969-1977, after the 1977 war, he turned evil.

During Aden Adde years, there was loads of corruption.

Somalia was actually on the verge of collapse in 1969, but then military coup happened.

I think the country of Somalia would’ve collapsed anyways, Siad barre regime just prolonged it until the very end 1991.
Stop spreading fake news 📰 adan cadde was first elected Africans in the whole continent and transferred power after he lost the election 1967🫡 siyad was power hungry suckers we beesha majerteen lost so much during his rules

Trending