Addressing the somali women weight problem

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
That's not how statistics work :wow:. You base it on all the Somali women you've seen in your life over the age of 40 (we don't have actual stats) and compare them to the average body composition in the west (sans US) of the same age group.

It's not only Somalis... First gen arabs, latinos even asians.

However 2nd, 3rd generation etc are much in line with the mean.
That doesn't make any sense though. For me to base it off all the Somali women I've known over the age of 40 I'd be relying on my memory. What if I can only remember the fat ones? What if I forget about a certain group that would change the outcome. Not to mention that the memory can work with your bias and you'll only remember the memorable xaliimos and they may just happen to be fat. Which is why said look at the ones you do know right now and compare them.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Come to think of it most first gens are heavier, completely changing thier ancestral diet which their genetics are used too could be the factor rather than singling out only somalis

Yh or the climate which affects how the body stores and uses food or so many other factors that change when you migrate. You don't see the same thing happening to West Europeans moving to the states or Canada...

Maybe might be a hormonal thing... someone could probably figure out how to counteract it and make billions from it.

....this nigga really said 'iss qaawi, its for your health'. If a woman wants to listen to her god and prefers to wear a jilbaab or abaaya thats up to her. dan yeellow. stop using weight to push your 'iss qaawi' agenda. But on the topic of weight...
I however do agree that our culture is restrictive towards women exercising and it will be the death of us. Different muslim women have different boundaries, catering to their needs and not judging or sexualizing them when they exercise is important to fight against this.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Are you these woman? No. Then their weight/size does not concern you. Nor should their attire. :susp:Like they will actually change their body form to appease your gaze.

Are you these woman? No. Then their weight/size does not concern you. Nor should their attire. :susp:Like they will actually change their body form to appease your gaze.
If we pretend these issues dont face our communities how can we help them. I view somalis as my community why would i want my community to struggle.

....this nigga really said 'iss qaawi, its for your health'. If a woman wants to listen to her god and prefers to wear a jilbaab or abaaya thats up to her. dan yeellow. stop using weight to push your 'iss qaawi' agenda. But on the topic of weight...
I however do agree that our culture is restrictive towards women exercising and it will be the death of us. Different muslim women have different boundaries, catering to their needs and not judging or sexualizing them when they exercise is important to fight against this.
You misunderstood me sxb i am against the culture not the individual, we should be allowed to exercise without judgment.

lol its not the cabayad... AAs are the same. you dont lose your social standing for being chubby like you do for white people so... :zhqjlmx: shamsa shuluq will do just fine not like big bertha

You misunderstood me sxb i am against the culture not the individual, we should be allowed to exercise without judgment.
my criticism of your initial statement is you criticized modest dressing to push your agenda. that there is a pick and choose between religiosity and your health to make it seem that practicing islam's ruling is incompatible with health. this is a dangerous agenda. I do not think women who choose to cover up should be bashed.
Regardless I agree somali city culture is ceeb about women exercising and that should change.

my criticism of your initial statement is you criticized modest dressing to push your agenda. that there is a pick and choose between religiosity and your health to make it seem that practicing islam's ruling is incompatible with health. this is a dangerous agenda. I do not think women who choose to cover up should be bashed.
Regardless I agree somali city culture is ceeb about women exercising and that should change.
Let me reiterate my post i have no problem with modest dressing and only have a problem with the cultural standards that limit women from exercising.

lol its not the cabayad... AAs are the same. you dont lose your social standing for being chubby like you do for white people so... :zhqjlmx: shamsa shuluq will do just fine not like big bertha
Who cares about social standing when you will limit your life expectancy and life satisfaction.

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
I used to think we had a problem until I became friends with some Mauritanian yutes that I went to school with

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
Since when Mauritania is Arab country??
shutterstock-469350662.jpg

:comeon:

Cyrus

Arabist| Akh-Right Movement|احب الملكات العرب
Let me reiterate my post i have no problem with modest dressing and only have a problem with the cultural standards that limit women from exercising.
82EA26D0-7B91-41E0-AD12-A33B00522C0A.jpeg

do you or don’t you?? Another pseudo-Somali Atheist who discovered atheism yesterday and wants to espouse his agenda everywhere. Masajidka ciyaarta ka dhaaf naya

I’m going to get behind your idea, let’s start with your sisters :diddyass: Tell them to drop the hijab and start prancing around in a bikini with their fat futo jiggling about for the likes of me to squeeze

Trending