Addressing the somali women weight problem

View attachment 108507

do you or don’t you?? Another pseudo-Somali Atheist who discovered atheist yesterday and wants to espouse his agenda everywhere. Masajidka ciyaarta ka dhaaf naya

I’m going to get behind your idea, let’s start with your sisters :diddyass: Tell them to drop the hijab and start prancing around in a bikini with their fat futo jiggling about for the likes of me to squeeze
I dont remember posting that :ayaanswag:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
If we pretend these issues dont face our communities how can we help them. I view somalis as my community why would i want my community to struggle.

You seem more concerned for your visual discomfort. Rather than curbing obesity linked diseases. Obesity is multi-factorial (not merely about calories in and energy expenditure) but also relates to the types of food consumed, the state one is in when consuming them, food timing, stress levels, habits, hormones and feeling/emotions etc. In fact, a large proportion of those with weight problems have some underlying adverse chronic experiences (ACEs) aka trauma of some kind. Focus on the habits and the feelings first. Also you did not frame this as a public health concern despite your 'seriousness' :gucciwhat:

I would rather you love the sisters to wellness than beat them down with buuq and calcaal like you boys vehemently do. Lift them up. There also seems to be a trend of girls hitting up the gym. Now more than ever so this might be a perceptual gap. If I wanted someone to go to the gym with me I would try to make them feel comfortable and not out of place. And remind them that everyone has a starting point. There will always be a point where one feels a sense of overwhelm but do not despair and compare. The aim should be to improve quality of life, energy levels and giving more to ones loved ones. Or whatever driving force/chief aim they have.

most somal women are caadi till they turn 30
You don't even know women over 30. And even if you did you would not be able to recognize them.:mjlol:

You seem more concerned for your visual discomfort. Rather than curbing obesity linked diseases. Obesity is multi-factorial (not merely about calories in and energy expenditure) but also relates to the types of food consumed, the state one is in when consuming them, food timing, stress levels, habits, hormones and feeling/emotions etc. In fact, a large proportion of those with weight problems have some underlying adverse chronic experiences (ACEs) aka trauma of some kind. Focus on the habits and the feelings first. Also you did not frame this as a public health concern despite your 'seriousness' :gucciwhat:

I would rather you love the sisters to wellness than beat them down with buuq and calcaal like you boys vehemently do. Lift them up. There also seems to be a trend of girls hitting up the gym. Now more than ever so this might be a perceptual gap. If I wanted someone to go to the gym with me I would try to make them feel comfortable and not out of place. And remind them that everyone has a starting point. There will always be a point where one feels a sense of overwhelm but do not despair and compare. The aim should be to improve quality of life, energy levels and giving more to ones loved ones. Or whatever driving force/chief aim they have.

You don't even know women over 30. And even if you did you would not be able to recognize them.:mjlol:
ye ur 30

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Let’s embrace body positivity, nothing wrong with a little meat. Remember we can’t all be the same size :)

All that writing for what?

Chronic conditions aren't an excuse for obesity. Not everyone has hypothyroidism.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
All that writing for what?

Chronic conditions aren't an excuse for obesity. Not everyone has hypothyroidism.

:mjlol: Keyword was multi-factorial, Swede. Did I blame concurrent chronic conditions on obesity? That's a very small proportion of those that are obese/overweight. No; I mentioned some lesser known factors/contributors to weight gain.

:mjlol: Keyword was multi-factorial, Swede. Did I blame concurrent chronic conditions on obesity. That's a very small proportion of those that are overweight. No; I mentioned some lesser known factors.
I'm an anglo dear. Don't worry, I know your intention are good.

I agree we shouldn't be bashing women or the obese. They need support.

psyche

To each their own
Considering Somalis on average have huge families I'm not surprised that you might see a couple overweight women.

Having multiple children does take a toll on your body, especially considering that you have to have a higher calorie intake in order to support both you and your infant.

The thing about this issue is that it isn't exactly widespread so it isn't really that big of a deal but I do advise people to watch how you encourage relative to lose weight considering calling someone fat isn't really a compliment.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I'm an anglo dear. Don't worry, I know your intention are good.

I agree we shouldn't be bashing women or the obese. They need support.

I see what you mean.

I will not lie in that being thin does assist one more in the marriage marketplace. Particularly if the aim is for a suitor with greater earning potential or an advanced degree. Though this is not an absolute. In fact men with less education or financial resources are less finicky about this. Bear in mind these studies normally showcase cadaan people so I'd take it with a grain of salt. Cadaans are more critical of each other on not meeting beauty ideals. While madows tend to have higher body confidence and seem to be more content with their bodies irrespective of their size.

I see what you mean.

I will not lie in that being thin does assist one more in the marriage marketplace. Particularly if the aim is for a suitor with greater earning potential or an advanced degree. Though this is not an absolute. In fact men with less education or financial resources are less finicky about this. Bear in mind these studies normally showcase cadaan people so I'd take it with a grain of salt. Cadaans are more critical of each other on not meeting beauty ideals. While madows tend to have higher body confidence and seem to be more content with their bodies irrespective of their size.
A man with an advanced degree or more finance thinks he has more value in the market so will be more picky.

Most Somali men aren't too fussed, they'll settle as long she isn't a hoe.

I believe most of your criticisms of my post stem from preconceived notions of how I should act as a male user. I have pointed out multiple times that I do not blame the women that are unhealthy but rather the system that leads them there. I have not and will not shame others due to their health decisions that is quite a nasty and disgusting thing to do. Lastly what I find visually discomforting should hold no weight in a individuals lifestyle

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
A man with an advanced degree or more finance thinks he has more value in the market so will be more picky.

Most Somali men aren't too fussed, they'll settle as long she isn't a hoe.

Correct; there are a different set of considerations.

I believe most of your criticisms of my post stem from preconceived notions of how I should act as a male user. I have pointed out multiple times that I do not blame the women that are unhealthy but rather the system that leads them there. I have not and will not shame others due to their health decisions that is quite a nasty and disgusting thing to do. Lastly what I find visually discomforting should hold no weight in a individuals lifestyle

:sass2: Your thread needed a dissenter. Cue me. How do you purpose to change the problem you've outlined?

Correct; there are a different set of considerations.

:sass2: Your thread needed a dissenter. Cue me. How do you purpose to change the problem you've outlined?
Honestly i have no clue the first part of solving a problem is regonizing the problem. Maybe I should ask the women I know their thoughts on this subject.

Trending