ACFTA (African Continental Free Trade Area)

The Sahara is pretty much like a massive ocean.

ugzuky7pegoy.png

Africa really is two continents.
Worlds apart in every sense.

Will be interesting to witness how North Africa & SSA will interact within this continental framework in the coming decades.

Apollo

VIP
They have had a better economy for a very long time and still no en masse migration of Sub Saharans. There are no opportunities for Black Africans in North Africa and most blacks dont want to live amongst North Africans in their countries. Even Somalis who can be found everywhere in the world are barely in NA (besides some in Egypt)

But there are visa restrictions now, this thread is about when those restrictions are removed. Things could change drastically.

They have had a better economy for a very long time and still no en masse migration of Sub Saharans. There are no opportunities for Black Africans in North Africa and most blacks dont want to live amongst North Africans in their countries. Even Somalis who can be found everywhere in the world are barely in NA (besides some in Egypt)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tukraq

VIP
Excluding Mauritania, North Africa is more developed.

Nigeria is the only West African economic powerhouse.
true, but I don't think west is too far behind, but they are defiantly behind North Africa, Nigeria is a powerhouse although I feel Congo has the most potential out of the continent, we need to get in early for resources sake if nothing else especially with Brazil destroying their rainforest, they can easily be taken advantage of

Apollo

VIP
The Bantu countries (Central, South, Southeast) have more potential than West Africa.

Better climates, less population density, fewer ethnic / religious tensions than West Africa.

The Bantu countries (Central, South, Southeast) have more potential than West Africa.

Better climates, less population density, fewer ethnic / religious tensions than West Africa.
If the Horn got its shit together we would be the best part of Africa imo.

maybe only Somalia if the oil is as good as advertised, rest of the horn not so much
Ethiopia definately would be there are many historical sites and people are fascinated by the culture. If Ethiopia improves it will become a huge tourist destination trust me.

Tukraq

VIP
Ethiopia definately would be there are many historical sites and people are fascinated by the culture. If Ethiopia improves it will become a huge tourist destination trust me.
the tourism would be so little for Ethiopia lol, there historical sites are of little intreats to most people outside their own inhabitants, its not Egypt or Rome or something, they will also be out competed by other African countries safaris and beautiful coastal lines by countries like Kenya, even Somalia has tenfold the tourism potential, even so tourism isn't that big of a money maker anyways, Ethiopia dosent really have the resources to give its insanely large population much potential in my eyes tbh

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
Freedom of movement should be the last measure of African integration. If this project is to succeed, then we'll have to look at how the EU gradually increased integration over a long period of time, before suggesting FoM and a monetary union.

One of the first issues for the AU to address should be relaxing trade barriers within Africa. The amount of fake license papers, officials you have to bribe, paperwork you need to acquire just to move goods from one African country to another is one of the main reasons why Africans don't trade with each other.