Abukar Awale -- AMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfficialAMA

Verified
Salam Abukar,

You're very anti qabil. Recently, you've been arrested by Somaliland troops in Las Anod, and you were quickly released. I want to ask you how can you reconcile your anti-qabil stance when it was your clan that made sure you were released.

Salaam brother my quick release has nothing to do with my Qabiil it was more of what I do

OfficialAMA

Verified
Do you think khat consumption has decreased over the years due to khat awareness campaigns or because young people are turning to other vices? Do you ever see yourself expanding your activism to include other drugs?

Yes indeed I believe we have decreased khat use especially in youth with regards to other drugs maybe in the future who knows

OfficialAMA

Verified
Do you think khat is a coping mechanism like alcohol is to a depressed person?

Should mental health be addressed as one the factors behind khat consumption?

Very good question I am not expert on Mental health however there is evidence of the link between Mental health and Khat use and I don’t think using Khat to cope with stress or Mental health is a good idea, it will definitely make the person health much worse

How did khat use become so prevalent and normalized that women became the main one's selling it on the streets and corners?

OfficialAMA

Verified
Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh ,

I grew up watching you on Universal TV and am inspired by your contributions to the community. I would like to know how long you were campaign for before khat became classed as a Class C drug? What obstacles did you face in getting the laws changed ? How is it different trying to achieve this in Somalia ? What can the youth do to support this changed back home ?

Many Thanks
Halimo
Salaam Halimo
The campaign in UK has taken nearly 10 years to convince UK government to ban Khat , there was a lot of challenges but Alxamdulilaah it’s done .

Somalia I believe raising awareness the dangerous consequences of Khat use among young people is the Key

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
@OfficialAMA

Asc walaal kusa dhawoow ss, salaanta ka dib waxan ku weydin labo su’aalood

1.) Cunida khadka dalkeena gorma ayey bilaawatay ? xiligi gumaysiga mise dhaqaan ayaan horey uu lahayn ?

2.) Dhaalinyarta qurbaha jooga oo qabyalad mashquul ku ah maxaad la Taalin lahayd ?

Do you wish you were battling a drug like Marijuana instead of Khad in Somalia? Would it have made your job easier or the same as right now?

Abukar cawaal qaatka wa isku miid what is the difference between Qaatka from Meru iyo Harari?
Why put focus on the one from Kenya and turn a blind eye from the one from Ethiopia?

Also why is the qaat in xamar now from Ethiopia and how come only Farmajos relatives are allowed to import it?

Instead of morally condemning the khat user shouldn't we see them as unfortunate people that need help from the addiction?

Here are my questions and thank you for your work

What are some practical ways one should do to convince someone who eats Khat to quit?
What should someone who is trying to overcome a khat addiction do to make sure they don't end up consuming it again?
What are some ways we do to raise awareness against the consumption of khat

Why did Mrs May, while she was in charge of the home office, she set up a committee, to investigate the khat but she overruled her own adviser recommendation not to ban the khat.

Should we built a Statue for Theresa may, she has saved the uk community.

My last question

Your anti-Khat campaign is based in the harms of its consequences, that it causes depression and lack of production, and poverty. But isn't it the other way around? Wouldn't you say that poverty and depression is the reason why a lot of young men run to drugs?
Yep

Also lots of wall street bankers are drug users so what we are really discussing is poverty and mental health. We just aren't able to articulate the problem. In my view at least.

Salaam Halimo
The campaign in UK has taken nearly 10 years to convince UK government to ban Khat , there was a lot of challenges but Alxamdulilaah it’s done .

Somalia I believe raising awareness the dangerous consequences of Khat use among young people is the Key
But still fresh qat is flown from Israel.
Yahuuda yementa ba UK soo galiya.

How have you addressed this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending