About the Arab League

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
How did Somalia end up in the Arab League? Was it invited to join or did it change its national language to Arabic and join the Arab League just to be known as Arabs?Why did Somalia join the Arab League?

Are some of the questions I have for you guys.The reason for this question is because of a few confrontations I had and some of them I saw online.

Arabs would always ask,"Why did Somalia join the Arab League if they don't consider themselves Arabs?"when Somalis say that they are not Arabs and it always bothered me.

So could some of you guys bring up historical records during the time Somalia was joining the Arab League?

@Factz @Samaalic Era @Finesse @Nilotufian @Arma @Sheikh @Ayubi
@land owner

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
How did Somalia end up in the Arab League? Was it invited to join or did it change its national language to Arabic and join the Arab League just to be known as Arabs?Why did Somalia join the Arab League?

Are some of the questions I have for you guys.The reason for this question is because of a few confrontations I had and some of them I saw online.

Arabs would always ask,"Why did Somalia join the Arab League if they don't consider themselves Arabs?"when Somalis say that they are not Arabs and it always bothered me.

So could some of you guys bring up historical records during the time Somalia was joining the Arab League?

@Factz @Samaalic Era @Finesse @Nilotufian @Arma @Sheikh @Ayubi
@land owner
Siyad barre wanted backing from the Arab world abd decided to join if im not wrong

Teflon

Inactive
VIP
it good we've joined the arab league other wise there would be alot more racism against somalis in the arab world

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
Look now we have oil on every cities coast, watch how much the Americans and the arabs will be d*ck riding us
Knowing how Arabs are mostly closeted homosexuals,I don't really think that's the proper words you wanna use.

be careful what you wish for unless you want a bachi boy actually riding you inside your rich mansion in Muqdisho.

Knowing how Arabs are mostly closeted homosexuals,I don't really think that's the proper words you wanna use.

be careful what you wish for unless you want a bachi boy actually riding you inside your rich mansion in Muqdisho.
You're right, d*ck riding the ethiopians to let them across the borders to Somalia.

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
How am I a Arab beg what has an Arab done to you for you to hate them it smells like jealousy
Never said I hated them,you just assumed,and if I was to hate them,my hate would be justified because of all the fundings they give to a group that till today, terrorizes our people.Libyans capture innocent Somalis who just want to immigrate and hold them captive thinking that its the 16th century or something.....
Before you start with that brotherhood stuff,know that these people slander and backbite us every chance they get.

Never said I hated them,you just assumed,and if I was to hate them,my hate would be justified because of all the fundings they give to a group that till today, terrorizes our people.Libyans capture innocent Somalis who just want to immigrate and hold them captive thinking that its the 16th century or something.....
Before you start with that brotherhood stuff,know that these people slander and backbite us every chance they get.
Your slandering them on here Somalis kill each other everyday whose fault is that

Apollo

VIP
The Arab League is very weak.

It's nothing like the EU. You can't even move freely within the Arab League. It is mostly used for foreign policy coordination.

The Arab League is very weak.

It's nothing like the EU. You can't even move freely within the Arab League. It is mostly used for foreign policy coordination.

I always thought the AL was a NATO-like defense pact aimed at Israel and/or Iran or EU-like economic bloc. Guess I was wrong.

Apollo

VIP
I always thought the AL was a NATO-like defense pact aimed at Israel and/or Iran or EU-like economic bloc. Guess I was wrong.

Egypt and Syria wanted to make it into a country or something like the EU. The Maghrebis were also fairly pan-Arab.

What slowed down integration the most were the Gulf Arab countries who didn't want to share the wealth and became protectionist.

And more recently, the Arab Spring and the unrest in Syria, Libya, Iraq, Yemen also slowed down integration significantly.

Egypt and Syria wanted to make it into a country or something like the EU. The Maghrebis were also fairly pan-Arab.

What slowed down integration the most were the Gulf Arab countries who didn't want to share the wealth and became protectionist.

I could've sworn it was supposed to be a defense pact aimed at Israel after 1948.