Abiy Ahmed Ali and Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed agree on joint investment of four key sea ports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sirlance do not be distracted. The real issue was sovereignity.

Ethiopia aquired a 19% share in a deal with DP World and Somaliland administration.

That was a red line. UAE government has other ports at sight and wants Ethiopia to invest so that they can access the lucrative 100 million market.

That was squashed by Somalia and at the endbit was resolved by agreeing to jointly invest in four key sea ports.

Simple.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
I thought you are better than this don't listen to the spin this has nothing to do with somaliland Ethiopia r not stupid they will take advantage of free lunch you will see
What free lunch, whether its outright owned by Ethiopia or partially, they have more control and say in the only asset that Somalia has that Ethiopia doesn't .

People don't understand the magnitude of the deal. Abiy Ahmed Ali brought a revival and Ethiopia will continue to grow economically at a high rate.

Ethiopiabs make prognosis for the future. Abiy went to Egypt to defuse the Ethio Egypt conflict over the nile river.

He agreed to bind by the resolution in which Ethiopa had to return Badme to Eritrea. He appealed to Eritrean leadership to see it as a friendly gesture and concession to them.

Now he has come to Somalia to set the record straight.

Good leadership is what breaks and makes a country. Ethiopia found itself under ethnic divisions.

What did the people in charge do?

They brought in a man from Oromo descent whose mother is christian and father a muslim. A uniter.

Then they appealed and went to all their rival countries and neutralised potential threads in order to focus on their internal affairs.

Farmaajo and Kheyre have done well to protect the natiobs sovereignity.

Farmaajo and Kheyre will be remembered for evading a breach of the countries sovereignity.

Somaliland came close but received a devastating blow at the end.

It is like a team playing well but conceding at the final seconds. Heartfelt sorrows is all I have to offer.

What free lunch, whether its outright owned by Ethiopia or partially, they have more control and say in the only asset that Somalia has that Ethiopia doesn't .
Somalis r weird ethiopia r not stupid do you think they will believe Mogadishu regime and sacrifice somaliland they will take what ever xarmajo will offer them remember siad barre singed an agreement with mingistu hoping he will handover the SNM we all know what happened so Mogadishu people enjoy your fantasy eithopia is not going to sacrifice somaliland you will all see it

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
Sirlance do not be distracted. The real issue was sovereignity.

Ethiopia aquired a 19% share in a deal with DP World and Somaliland administration.

That was a red line. UAE government has other ports at sight and wants Ethiopia to invest so that they can access the lucrative 100 million market.

That was squashed by Somalia and at the endbit was resolved by agreeing to jointly invest in four key sea ports.

Simple.

Thanks for being informative.

Somaliland may be recognised as part of Somalia according to the UN but not under the FGS it is defacto sovereign. The FGS doesn't have any authority in somaliland and cannot freely enter it's territory.

The definition of a country is a nation with its own government, occupying a particular territory.

Mohi Eid al fitr was yesterday the animal sacrifice eid is in a few months Eid-ul Adha.

The issue at hand was that of sovereignity and who has the last say.

Abiy Ahmed Ali isolated external tbreads and assured his countries economic prosperity.

Somalia got its sovereignity intact.

Sirlance that is true. Somaliland could break out of it but condider this.

The country that took 19% in Berbera today recognised the unity and territorial sovereignity of the country that has control of its territory.

Ethiopia recognised that Somalia is legally in charge.

Somaliland has no recognition and their deal would have notched it further but now its botched.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
Sirlance that is true. Somaliland could break out of it but condider this.

The country that took 19% in Berbera today recognised the unity and territorial sovereignity of the country that has control of its territory.

Ethiopia recognised that Somalia is legally in charge.

Somaliland has no recognition and their deal would have notched it further but now its botched.

Doesnt look like it deal still intact, DP world fully invested sky cranes just about to be installed

Farmaajo and Kheyre will be remembered for evading a breach of the countries sovereignity.

Somaliland came close but received a devastating blow at the end.

It is like a team playing well but conceding at the final seconds. Heartfelt sorrows is all I have to offer.
Ethiopia has never recognised somaliland officialy that has not changed farmaajo offering four ports will not change anything ethiopia stand the offer only weakens Mogadishu and somaliland Ethiopia r beneficiaries I thought you were good analyser I am disappointed how can you just buy the propaganda do you think farmaajo has put any condition on this ports none other wise will not have signed the contract some people say on the communique ethiopia has agreed to unity of somalia of course they do

Sirlance the deal was never the problem. I have nothing against another country coming in to invest in another countries assests.

I highlighted in my earlier analysis a few months ago what was wrong with the other deal, which was overlooking the country where Berbera legally falls under.

The sovereignity of the country would have been undermined.

It can go ahead now.

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
Ethiopia has never recognised somaliland officialy that has not changed farmaajo offering four ports will not change anything ethiopia stand the offer only weakens Mogadishu and somaliland Ethiopia r beneficiaries I thought you were good analyser I am disappointed how can you just buy the propaganda do you think farmaajo has put any condition on this ports none other wise will not have signed the contract some people say on the communique ethiopia has agreed to unity of somalia of course they do
Why would Farmaajo sign something that doesn’t benefit him what so ever he signed because there was something in it for him debate on who was the bigger winner that would be more logical

Mohi everything is about perceptions. Somaliland does not have the final word.

Ethiopia and Somalia agree to work closely together by jointly investing in four key sea ports as well as the main riad networks into mainland Ethiopia.

Sirlance the deal was never the problem. I have nothing against another country coming in to invest in another countries assests.

I highlighted in my earlier analysis a few months ago what was wrong with the other deal, which was overlooking the country where Berbera legally falls under.

The sovereignity of the country would have been undermined.

It can go ahead now.
So now farmaajo has agreed is it going to change the situation on the ground somalis r stupid now farmaajo has signed it of and he is in charge of berbera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts