ABDULRAHIM ABBY FARAH IS MIXED????

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Sad Cry GIF by Team Coco

I was like wow, a somali man as UN Secrtry General then I read his mothers name Hilda
:farmajoyaab:
I mean Mashallah. But he was born in 1919 in UK. Black people could do this?? America was behind I guess, cause jim crow was in full effect and Loving v. Virgina was literally in 1967.
:dwill:
Anyway whats the chance we’ll see a full somali in this position? This is like a 1/100000000 thing?
I should’ve known better, I thought he was just light skinned.
C4639C7B-268E-48C5-81C3-BA02725FA86E.jpeg

I wonder if his descendants are somali
:cosbyhmm:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I had to google him. Never knew Somalis were present in the UK in the early 1900s.
It was fairly common. Think some even made it there in the late 1800s:

This was a well-known story of its day of a Somali young man who found himself in Aden by finding work on a fellow Warsangeli clansman's Dhow then eventually made it to the UK in the early 1900s where he settled down:

reer

VIP
I had to google him. Never knew Somalis were present in the UK in the early 1900s.

This was a well-known story of its day of a Somali young man who found himself in Aden by finding work on a fellow Warsangeli clansman's Dhow then eventually made it to the UK in the early 1900s where he settled down:

because isaaq and majerten had a unusual habit of moving abroad. compared to the rest of somalis.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
because isaaq and majerten had a unusual habit of moving abroad. compared to the rest of somalis.
Happened a lot with other Hartis as well (mainly Warsangeli). The Cisse were also pretty outgoing. Dem Cisse niggas were the first Somalis and in fact the first Africans who were not slaves to hit up NYC, if I recall correctly:

somalis-chicago-1915_2.jpg

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Happened a lot with other Hartis as well (mainly Warsangeli). The Cisse were also pretty outgoing. Dem Cisse niggas were the first Somalis and in fact the first Africans who were not slaves to hit up NYC, if I recall correctly:

somalis-chicago-1915_2.jpg
Yeah they are definitely long gone lol. Do you know if OGs ever moved anywhere? I mean I highly doubt it since we have xayawaan as neighbors, so we must always be on guard.

I had a grand-uncle who jumped on one of those ships and lived in the UK since around the mid-1930s. He was a seaman traveling around the world.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I had a grand-uncle who jumped on one of those ships and lived in the UK since around the mid-1930s. He was a seaman traveling around the world.
My awoowe macan was a "Baxri". From what I gather he had the same sort of story as that Warsangeli kid. He hopped on what I surmise was a local Dhow when he was just like 12-13 and made it to places like Aden and Mocha to trade out of the docks. Worked his whole life travelling between the north and Arabia, going also to the Persian Gulf. Learned Arabic and Urdu fluently and kept his business records in Arabic in a little book he always carried. He also regularly travelled to India for business (often Hyderabad). He became a very distinguished oday in Boosaaso and for a time had the tallest building in the town. Folks still respect his name there to this day though he passed about 5 years ago while on business in Hyderabad, AUN. He was born in the early 1900s. Never ventured as far as the UK or such places, though.

Trending