Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed was the greatest president to have conquered Somalia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
If you really had Hobyo? Why isn’t there any MJ’s living there? Why didn’t Kenadiid return back after his Exile. Doesn’t make sense. Read Lee Cassanelli books before you post texts without links.

You really can't help embarrassing yourself, can you?

You now want to change the discussion to the present demographics of Hobyo.

Sultan Ali Yusuf Kenadid was arrested by the Italians and exiled to Mogadishu. He could not return and why would he even if he could? The Italians destroyed the Sultanate. There was nothing left for people to return to so they relocated to Mogadishu.

It's obvious you haven't read Lee Cassanelli's book. The title alone ( "The Shaping of Somali Society: Reconstructing the History of a Pastoral People, 1600 to 1900") should give you a hint that it covers the period before Ali Yusuf Kenadid even become a Sultan. :mjlol:

XoosBoos

Hiraab Commander
Are we gonna play stupid now that land was given to the mad mullah by the Italians so he could built a fort :bell:
By your stupid logic the towers in Dubai belong to Hindus and not Arabs who put money into financing the projects:bell:
If you want to look at the Derwish you should read Lee Cassanelli in his book The Shaping of Somali society books. It mentions it. Dont listen to her, she has no evidence either.

XoosBoos

Hiraab Commander
You really can't help embarrassing yourself, can you?

You now want to change the discussion to the present demographics of Hobyo.

Sultan Ali Yusuf Kenadid was arrested by the Italians and exiled to Mogadishu. He could not return and why would he even if he could? The Italians destroyed the Sultanate. There was nothing left for people to return to so they relocated to Mogadishu.

It's obvious you haven't read Lee Cassanelli's book. The title alone ( "The Shaping of Somali Society: Reconstructing the History of a Pastoral People, 1600 to 1900") should give you a hint that it covers the period before Ali Yusuf Kenadid even become a Sultan. :mjlol:
Lol deflection at its best! The books mention the shaping of Somalia in 19th century. Yet, you won’t present links to your arguements. Your lose.

Duchess

VIP
I also bet the fortresses were built by Hadramis as they are very similar to those in the city itself Hadrami. Lmfao.

You have no proof of that, while there is living proof of who built the fort in Eyl.

The architectural style used in Hobyo looked identical to the ones in Sultan Yusuf Kenadid's homeland of Majeerteenia.

bos13.jpg

o3.jpg

XoosBoos

Hiraab Commander
You have no proof of that. While there is living proof of who built the fort in Eyl.

The architectural style used in Hobyo looked identical to the ones in Sultan Yusuf Kenadid's homeland of Majeerteenia.

bos13.jpg

o3.jpg
Where was the architecture influenced by? The Hadramaut. The oldest fortress city in the world. Eyl which was built like 900 years before the ones in hadramaut. Wallahi you like to deny.

Duchess

VIP
Are we gonna play stupid now that land was given to the mad mullah by the Italians so he could built a fort :bell:
By your stupid logic the towers in Dubai belong to Hindus and not Arabs who put money into financing the projects:bell:

And? Did I argue against the fact that the Mullah signed a treaty with the Italians in exchange for access to the coastal Nugaal? :comeon:

You said MJs had nothing to do with the fort in Eyl because it built by the Darwiish, as if the Darwiish did not have MJ members. Eyl was its first capital, the demographics of Eyl was the same as it is now ( predominantly MJ) so the fort has everything to do with our history. You want to lay claim to it when you didn't have a hand in building it, it wasn't built on your land and you have nothing to do with it aside from trying to claim a monopoly on the Darwiish's history. Go try that shit with someone else. :childplease:

XoosBoos

Hiraab Commander
You have no proof of that. While there is living proof of who built the fort in Eyl.

bos13.jpg

o3.jpg
Here is more stuff. At the turn of the twentieth century, the city served as a bastion for the Dervishforces of Sayyid Mohammed Abdullah Hassan ("Mad Mullah"). Several forts remain from this period, in addition to colonial edifices built by the Italians. The italians edited much of fortresses. Lol!

Duchess

VIP
Where was the architecture influenced by? The Hadramaut. The oldesy fortress city in the world. Eyl which was built like 900 years before the ones in hadramaut. Wallahi you like to deny.

I don't deny that Eyl was built by Yemenis who were shipwrecked there. One of their grandsons still lives in Eyl.

XoosBoos

Hiraab Commander
And? Did I argue against the fact that the Mullah signed a treaty with the Italians in exchange for access to the coastal Nugaal? :comeon:

You said MJs had nothing to do with the fort in Eyl because it built by the Darwiish, as if the Darwiish did not have MJ members. Eyl was its first capital, the demographics of Eyl was the same as it is now ( predominantly MJ) so the fort has everything to do with our history. You want to lay claim to it when you didn't have a hand in building it, it wasn't built on your land and you have nothing to do with it aside from trying to claim a monopoly on the Darwiish's history. Go try that shit with someone else. :childplease:
Then what you are saying can be said to the Fortress which was in Hobyo. As its predominantely Sacad and has always been. Backfired?

XoosBoos

Hiraab Commander
I don't deny that Eyl was built by Yemenis who were shipwrecked there. One of their grandsons still lives in Eyl.
and the Yemenis were Hadramis, as they were merchants and the only Yemenis who had contact in Horn of Africa, therefore the architecture isn’t of Majerteen but Hadramaut as they have the claim to it as its traditionally only built by them!

Duchess

VIP
Here is more stuff. At the turn of the twentieth century, the city served as a bastion for the Dervishforces of Sayyid Mohammed Abdullah Hassan ("Mad Mullah"). Several forts remain from this period, in addition to colonial edifices built by the Italians. The italians edited much of fortresses. Lol!

Do you have trouble comprehending the English language?

It literally says: several forts remain from this period, IN ADDITION to colonial edifices built by the Italians.

If you dont even know or understand what "in addition" mean then we really have nothing to talk about.

This kind of exchange is actually good. We learn something from it. So far, Xoosboos 2, Duchess - 0. Dsicussing clan history and politics with respect is good. Also, I do understand that respect does NOT mean you have to lie about history, it just means presenting facts and leave others to decide.

This convo turned better. Haye, bal sheekada kasii wada meesha. Btw, Someone tell me, Sultan Cali Yusuf and Keenadiid, what is the difference between the two?

There are things I don't know. This question is not to slight others who love their past Sultan. Many Somalis are not aware of each clan's history.

Duchess

VIP
Then what you are saying can be said to the Fortress which was in Hobyo. As its predominantely Sacad and has always been. Backfired?

The clear difference here is that the Dervish were of mixed clans, the Sultanate was ruled by one clan while the territory was predominately inhabited by another. I do, however, agree that it is also your history. A history you've denied for how many pages now? But I'm glad you've finally come around and embraced it.

Duchess

VIP
This kind of exchange is actually good. We learn something from it. So far, Xoosboos 2, Duchess - 0. Dsicussing clan history and politics with respect is good. Also, I do understand that respect does NOT mean you have to lie about history, it just means presenting facts and leave others to decide.

This convo turned better. Haye, bal sheekada kasii wada meesha. Btw, Someone tell me, Sultan Cali Yusuf and Keenadiid, what is the difference between the two?

There are things I don't know. This question is not to slight others who love their past Sultan. Many Somalis are not aware of each clan's history.

You continue to show your clan bias in topics while claiming to be above it all. You're the worst kind of qabilist.

XoosBoos

Hiraab Commander
Do you have trouble comprehending the English language?

It literally says: several forts remain from this period, IN ADDITION to colonial edifices built by the Italians.

If you dont even know or understand what "in addition" mean then we really have nothing to talk about.
I KNOW WHAT IT MEANS. They had colonial edifices, no shit though. I can comprehend fully, if so how would I interpret it?

Duchess

VIP
I KNOW WHAT IT MEANS. They had colonial edifices, no shit though. I can comprehend fully, if so how would I interpret it?

How else are we supposed to intrepret it but that Hobyo was colonized by the Italians? :umwhat:

XoosBoos

Hiraab Commander
You continue to show your clan bias in topics while claiming to be above it all. You're the worst kind of qabilist.
Tell that to Yonis who thinks MJ’s built it. The Hadramis have had good contact with MJ’s in history so its not weird their building style came into the hands of your clans settlements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts