Abdifatah's 23andme results

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
Interesting thread my brother took a 23andme test and this will be the first time Wabeeneeye haplogroup will be uncovered.

@Apollo what do you expect my haplogroup to be?

Apollo

VIP

23andMe is not able to tell you about clan specific (sub) haplogroups. Only ancient prehistoric haplogroups that are thousands of years old. For more interesting clan research you have to do either FamilyTreeDNA's Big Y or Dante's Whole Genome test (only really affordable during sales, not really when it is normal price).

There is a sub-sub-sub-clade called E-Y163928 (1550 years old) that is common in Northeast Somalis. I think you have that one.

@Prince Abubu @MSGA the user @Jablibax has ordered Dante's kit last sale but is having some delays. Possibly by mid-Spring will he get his result. 99% sure he will be E-Y163928.

23andMe is not able to tell you about clan specific (sub) haplogroups. Only ancient prehistoric haplogroups that are thousands of years old. For more interesting clan research you have to do either FamilyTreeDNA's Big Y or Dante's Whole Genome test (only really affordable during sales, not really when it is normal price).

There is a sub-sub-sub-clade called E-Y163928 (1550 years old) that is common in Northeast Somalis. I think you have that one.

@Prince Abubu @MSGA the user @Jablibax has ordered Dante's kit last sale but is having some delays. Possibly by mid-Spring will he get his result. 99% sure he will be E-Y163928.

How would you explain the Egyptian and Saudi with E-Y17859 subclade?

Haye I will be ordering a kit within the next week or so and will do the test

I am full Habr Awal on both sides of my family so we shall find out if they are T or not :fittytousand:

I suspect one of my sides assimilated though:silanyosmile:

Apollo

VIP
How would you explain the Egyptian and Saudi with E-Y17859 subclade?

The Egypt guy, probably because he is from Northeast Africa area. Lineages older than 3 kya tend to be a bit widespread. Under 2 kya it starts being more regionally specific.

As for the Saudi guy, 100% due to recent immigration from the Somali peninsula. Who knows how. He identifies as a Banu Tamim and isn't an Afro-Arab (lol, his autosomal results and of his family are highly Middle Eastern). Weird. I think it is because of some ancient Benadiri guy who did a Somalexit.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
@Apollo Have any Omar Mahmoud taking 23&Me if so what did they get?:cosbyhmm:

I’m thinking about doing one soon IA.:icon e smile:

I claim to be the most pure MJ even more than @Abdalla and @Duchess hopefully I don’t get exposed.:wowsweat:

Apollo

VIP
@Figo

Probably, but I don't keep track of clan results, only know of the ones with weird results.

But honestly you should not expect anything surprising. Most Somalis of nomadic origin have more or less the same results.

Interesting thread my brother took a 23andme test and this will be the first time Wabeeneeye haplogroup will be uncovered.

The Dishiishe carry a Habar Awal adjacent V32. So I think there can be surprise.

Reer Bicidyahan and Salebaan Majerteen are E-V32. So probably Ibrahin Jibrahil are under E-V32.

All Salebaan Majerteen are E-V32 so far - higher testing for a Mahmoud Salebaan got Y163928.

Reer Bicidiyahan and Salebaans are Ibrahin Jibrahil - all are E-V32.

Is Wabeeneye are all E-V32 that means Aawe will be secured.

The situation for Hiraab is confusing now - Murusade, Habr Gidir, and Abgaal T-L208's. Yet they also have E-V32 it seems.

Maybe Isaaqs will be joined by Hawiye soon as beesha hal laf iyo soo rac kkkk

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
The Dishiishe carry a Habar Awal adjacent V32. So I think there can be surprise.

Reer Bicidyahan and Salebaan Majerteen are E-V32. So probably Ibrahin Jibrahil are under E-V32.

All Salebaan Majerteen are E-V32 so far - higher testing for a Mahmoud Salebaan got Y163928.

Reer Bicidiyahan and Salebaans are Ibrahin Jibrahil - all are E-V32.

Is Wabeeneye are all E-V32 that means Aawe will be secured.

The situation for Hiraab is confusing now - Murusade, Habr Gidir, and Abgaal T-L208's. Yet they also have E-V32 it seems.

Maybe Isaaqs will be joined by Hawiye soon as beesha hal laf iyo soo rac kkkk
Wabeeneeye isn't apart of Aawe though it's a separate subclan,

Trending