Abdifatah's 23andme results

Faahiye

Male Male Male Male
Some Musa Abokor users from other forums once took the Y DNA test and got E-v32.

upload_2018-10-26_0-44-1-png.57645
@Bohol,

Do you know if any Araps have taken a Y DNA test?

Best,

Faahiye

Apollo

VIP
@Abdifatah

I thought your maternal lineage was a Paleolithic Horn one (as in hunter-gatherer, before agriculture, generally L0f is), but then I discovered it is found in Sudanese Arabs and Sudanese Nubians... :hmm:.. looks to be a migrant lineage that came with the Cushites from North Sudan, probably not native to Somalia before Cushites lived there.

L0f2b
http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/sequences_by_group/l0f_genbank_sequences.htm

Some relevant ages for you:

L0: 153,971 years ago
L0abf: 115,082 years ago
L0f: 88,097 years ago
L0f2: couldn't find I date for it, but I think ~60,000 years ago

So between 60,000 years ago and 5,000 years ago your maternal ancestor likely did not live in the Somaliweyn area.

@Abdifatah

I thought your maternal lineage was a Paleolithic Horn one (as in hunter-gatherer, before agriculture, generally L0f is), but then I discovered it is found in Sudanese Arabs and Sudanese Nubians... :hmm:.. looks to be a migrant lineage that came with the Cushites from North Sudan, probably not native to Somalia before Cushites lived there.

L0f2b
http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/sequences_by_group/l0f_genbank_sequences.htm

Some relevant ages for you:

L0: 153,971 years ago
L0abf: 115,082 years ago
L0f: 88,097 years ago
L0f2: couldn't find I date for it, but I think ~60,000 years ago

So between 60,000 years ago and 5,000 years ago your maternal ancestor likely did not live in the Somaliweyn area.

I don't much about how Dna works, but i would like to learn. You seem well informed, do you have any suggestions where i can learn this from?

My maternal family is Arab isaaq.

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.
Shit, that means i didn't really need to do the 23andme test. I bought the 23andme kit because myheritage wouldn't show me my paternal haplogroup.

Yup lol. I also discovered it after ordering 23andme. Please dooo it ! I really hope you are also T.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
So far I've come across a Black Aaden, Reer Daahir, Yeesif and a Solomadow with the Y DNA TL208. Waiting on Ahmed Faarax results.

Trending

Latest posts