A white man's conversion vs a black man's conversion to Islam

World

VIP
Prior worldly expertise is greatly appreciated in Islam and can often improve the situation of the ummah. Take this hadith for instance:

'At the time of the battle of Khandaq, when Muslims were unsure of their military strategy against the Quraish armies and their allies, it was Salman al-Farisi who devised the war-winning plan of digging the trench along the passages from where the enemies could enter Medina.'

Many people look back at the numerous Sahabas who contributed to the ummah with their worldly knowledge
Salman al-Farsi was a Persian slave, and after becoming Muslim was emancipated by the Prophet (saw).

Islam turned this sahaba from a slave, to a successful general, and then the Governor of Persia.

Last edited:

Fobnimo Till I Dhimo

كَمَا دَخَلُوهُ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍۢ🕌☝🏾
VIP
Salman al-Farsi was a Persian slave, and after becoming Muslim was emancipated by the Prophet (saw).

Islam turned this sahaba from a slave, to a successful general, and then the Governor of Persia.
He was sold into slavery when he was on his way to the prophet scw🤣come on man read up on his history you can't do him like that.

His father was one of the richest people in the city they lived in🤣

And you can’t tell me the world isn’t white supremacist and anti black so your saying a white man is better than you as a human being based on your skin color?

Fobnimo Till I Dhimo

VIP
And you can’t tell me the world isn’t white supremacist and anti black so your saying a white man is better than you as a human being based on your skin color?
Where did i say that?🤣I was merely describing how many Arabs and South Asians think

It's obvious, but most people wouldn't dare say it out loud, a white man's conversion to Islam often carries more weight than a black man's. This preference is rooted in the white man's societal status. In most people's minds, the perception is that the white man, with potentially higher education and better income, brings more expertise into Islam compared to a black man, who is perceived as having a lower status in society. That's why when a white man converts, there's usually much more excitement and attention. That's just my two cents on the matter.

Fresh Prince Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I didn't create this thread to turn it into an equal treatment protest for all converts. This isn't a calaacal thread, it's simply an observation worth sharing. This is for the people that like to create issues out of thin air.
I think that’s too generalised, what makes you think this

It's because Blacks are low class in this world this is due to Africa being the least developed and noone respects losers in this world. Let's be honest here. If Africa was a developed civilized continent Africans would be treated with respect wherever they go.
It’s embarrassing man, 2024 and they still don’t even have access to water in some places, even the poorest Asians have access to basic services. Where the hell do these Africans get this huge ego from? The continent is a laughingstock, there is nothing to brag about, over 50 countries and yet not a single success story.

World

VIP
You made it seem like he had no past and was no more than a slave😂he was living a good life before Islam, he wasn't poor.
How was he living a good life when he was a slave? The Prophet (saw) paid and helped emancipate him from slavery.

You said he was one of the wealthiest in the city. He was from a small village, and his father was a preacher. But he had left and already started a life, and even was a Christian before slavery.

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
It's obvious, but most people wouldn't dare say it out loud, a white man's conversion to Islam often carries more weight than a black man's. This preference is rooted in the white man's societal status. In most people's minds, the perception is that the white man, with potentially higher education and better income, brings more expertise into Islam compared to a black man, who is perceived as having a lower status in society. That's why when a white man converts, there's usually much more excitement and attention. That's just my two cents on the matter.

Fresh Prince Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I didn't create this thread to turn it into an equal treatment protest for all converts. This isn't a calaacal thread, it's simply an observation worth sharing. This is for the people that like to create issues out of thin air.
What is there to argue over
Why does black converts matter to you,are you one?

Fobnimo Till I Dhimo

VIP
How was he living a good life when he was a slave? The Prophet (saw) paid and helped emancipate him from slavery.

You said he was one of the wealthiest in the city. He was from a small village, and his father was a preacher. But he had left and already started a life, and even was a Christian before slavery.
When I was talking about his pre-Islamic life, I meant the period before he arrived in Arabia, where he was betrayed by the people he was traveling with and sold into slavery, not his time in captivity there. I'm well aware of Salman's life after he left his father in search of a better religion and traveled to Syria, where he studied Christianity. During those times, you could say he was living a better life than the average person of that era. I never said he was wealthy himself, only that his father was. Stop putting words into my mouth

Fobnimo Till I Dhimo

VIP
I think that’s too generalised, what makes you think this
The majority of Islamic organizations and mosques in the West are run by South Asians and Arabs. Many of these groups have conscious biases, which are manifested in how they treat converts with different ethnicities. If they are the majority in the West and in running these different Islamic organizations in the West, is it really too much of a generalization when they are predisposed to these kinds of behaviors?

". He frowned and turned away,
2. when the blind man came to him.
3. How do you know? Perhaps he may be purified.
4. or he may pay heed and benefit from the reminder.
5. But as for him who is indifferent,
6. you give him your full attention,
7. although you are not to be blamed if he does not want to be purified.
8. Yet as for the one who has come to you eagerly [seeking purification],
9. for he fears Allah,

This is such a weird post lol everyone at my mosque is usually happy when they meet a convert, regardless of race. Where are you from? Do they throw a party when they see a white convert or something?

Trending