A white girl I know cancelled her wedding because of something so ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well she said she was feeling cold feet which many people do get so that's not ridiculous but it's the reason why she had cold feet which was ridiculous.

She says it's because her parents were divorced and didn't want that to happen to her.

She got stuck with $80K wedding bill. Maybe shes lying about the bill but I don't see why she would lie but how can a wedding cost that much?. She's paying her ex fiancé every month some amount until she pays off the $80K.

I asked her if she regretted her decision and she says no

I wonder what happens in Somali culture if the girl says she doesnt wanna go through the wedding on her wedding day. Does she pay the man back?

A white wedding where the groom paid everything? That's like spotting a unicorn in Naasa Hablood. It is beyond ridiculous.

VixR

Veritas
This speaks to me. Marriage is the scariest shit ever. Ppl r becoming increasingly disillusioned with it.

I'm glad she's paying him back. Most women who run from the altar don't, also most ppl don't even return engagement or wedding rings, so at least he's getting the money back.

I think, in Islam, the meher is payed back if u don't go through, or at least I know a girl who did after she found something out about the groom that was all bets off. She shut everything down and returned it.

Marriage is a by gone, past gone. Marriage is not valued in the Somali community anyway. Divorce is sky high, not to mention the fact that the foundations of marriage are no longer upheld, as men and women are in the workforce, with equal pay. Men are no longer the bread winners and I'm happy about that, couples should just f*ck, and not pursue anything further.

Jujuman

Accomplished Saaxir
I don't about you guys but there's something wonderful about a husband and wife having stayed together for decades on end.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
That doesn't mean that pair bonding is passé, but rather that the institution surrounding it is no longer viable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts