A push against online shaming in Minnesota's Somali community

Nostalgia

DEACTIVATED!
Somalis need to stop with the qarxiis culture. I feel bad for her getting something like that on the internet and it being spread can't be easy. People need to occupy themselves with their own sins, we all sin differently. I'm not sure what someone gains from exposing a persons mistake.

Somalis need to stop with the qarxiis culture. I feel bad for her getting something like that on the internet being spread can't be easy. People need to occupy themselves with their own sins, we all seen differently. I'm not sure what someone gains for exposing a persons mistake.

I think this type of exposing shit happens mainly in place where somalis are isolated like minnestoa. I remember there (minnesota) was a prostitution ring where farax and hijabis were pimping out underage somali girls sharing their videos. I thought after somali gate the exposing culture would stop :noneck:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
h,, I think you showed your friend rather than the other way around lol

No. u should know I am not in social media, I am glad I am not. because I am a strong personality. if I go into social media, I will be known every where within a month

Nostalgia

DEACTIVATED!
I think this type of exposing shit happens mainly in place where somalis are isolated like minnestoa. I remember there (minnesota) was a prostitution ring where farax and hijabis were pimping out underage somali girls sharing their videos. I thought after somali gate the exposing culture would stop :noneck:
I noticed it's usually the women that are effected by qarxiis. If her boyfriend was also Somali why didn't he get the same backlash of the video? Our community focuses too much on teaching girls not to have sex before marriage and don't teach their sons which makes the guys think it's cool for them to sleep around. And he won't get shamed as much as the girl if they find out they slept with someone. The religion forbids premarital sex for both genders.

I noticed it's usually the women that are effected by qarxiis. If her boyfriend was also Somali why didn't he get the same backlash of the video? Our community focuses too much on teaching girls not to have sex before marriage and don't teach their sons which makes the guys think it's cool for them to sleep around. And he won't get shamed as much as the girl if they find out they slept with someone. The religion forbids premarital sex for both genders.

I just never understood why some men take pleasure in exposing unsuspecting women. That shit is mad corny and creepy:faysalwtf:

One thing I respect about faraxs though is that they have limits. They keep the qarxis culture within our community. Which why there isn't alot of somali content on sites

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Why she even allowed the neef to record her in the first place? :camby: I do not understand these whipped Xalimos who allow Faraxs to do this and cry later.

AarHawd_7

North-West, London
shaming is the only way to cure this disease. If you don’t wanna get exposed behave yourself very simple. She should stop crying its too late now your couchie is all over the net and no man sane man will marry you

2020 what a time to be alive

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
shaming is the only way to cure this disease. If you don’t wanna get exposed behave yourself very simple. She should stop crying its too late now your couchie is all over the net and no man sane man will marry you

2020 what a time to be alive
lol very sad
I know a girl who was ting that was a senior when my sister was a freshman
She’s 28 and can’t get married. They took her to the masjid and no results
Sad

I don’t want to sound like I’m victim blaming, but I honestly doubt that the guy taped her without her consent. That fact alone would have gotten him in trouble with law enforcement. Anyone can say after the fact that they ‘didn’t know’ they were being filmed.

Anyways, I feel bad, but at the same time, there’s hikmah in not having intercourse before marriage. Getting involved in Zina comes with a lot of bs, including this. At the end of the day, zina is haram equally for both men and women, but in the court of public opinion, the woman always gets the backlash more. So women need to be very careful with who they involve themselves with.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Them type of girls end up going to the masjid to get married to a madoow peak still
Lmao Somalis are always big on reputation. A woman’s dignity and chastity are looked at as very important. Sadly once those are gone in the eyes of the community her value is less

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
"Yasmin Ali, the Savage mother, said her ex-boyfriend threatened repeatedly to post a naked photo and a video of them having sex that she said was taken without her knowledge."

How can someone video tape u having sex with them without u knowing? r u closing your eyes while he penetrates u? Hogwash

But i agree the revenge law needs to exist. Stiff punishment is madatory

She was looking into the camera.

How did she not know ?

"Yasmin Ali, the Savage mother, said her ex-boyfriend threatened repeatedly to post a naked photo and a video of them having sex that she said was taken without her knowledge."

How can someone video tape u having sex with them without u knowing? r u closing your eyes while he penetrates u? Hogwash

But i agree the revenge law needs to exist. Stiff punishment is madatory
Cameras are getting complicated. I get paranoid using the public restroom at times because i've seen a guy in the news once who recorded a woman using a bathroom door nob camera lol it looks exactly like a door nob too.

What a dumbass the nigga self snitches thinking we won't go for his ass too. Punishment for Zina is 80 lashes brotha u getting some too

minessota is not an Islamic state. So the man and the woman both get away Scott free from the lashes

but the damage to the woman is undeniable. Reputation matters in the Somali community and once you are known as a hoe, that’s it. Might as pack up and relocate to the amazon

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Man this is some fucking disgusting shit, that's levels of low you think people in a community who place value on reputation and religion wouldn't reach.

That's another drop in the bucket of fucked up things going on with reer America. Imagine a mother of four getting exposed by her boyfriend.