A Puntlander Student at Amoud Uni in Borama shot dead by the Uni policeman. Cop is in custody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
The Police car in the background doesn't look like SL police force.. looks more like Somalia's :holeup: AUN
the south's police did that and blamed that on SL's, and no one knew about that, even SL police who arrested a cop? Big brain isn't it?

The Police car in the background doesn't look like SL police force.. looks more like Somalia's :holeup: AUN

Indeed, the shameless buffoon that shared that didn't do his due diligence. The pictures being used were were from a shooting in Mugdishom from 2 years ago

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
People really do not understand PR. It is very easy to call friendly tv crews and organise friendly faces to spew rehearsed lines to the masses. It is called damage control.

Now I said in my first post on the thread that the police car in the picture was not Somaliland police colours.

However, I am very sceptical with this, it smells very funny. Usually in the West, we have CCTV or phone or bodycam footage to show the incident but in Somalia even if there were videos they will seldom see the light of day.

What Somaliland requires is a transparent prosecution of the accused officer. As aforementioned, this is the prime time for Somaliland to prove its difference to other Somali regions and provide a well run and transparent trial.

We need witnesses, we need statements from officers and other necessary evidence collated for the public interest.

Last edited:
He was shot by police from Hargeisa gvt apparently the students took to celebrating the Somali day and had blue flags and you know the dynamics of that with Hargeisa gvt it's sacrilege soo shit got lit.

The following have all told the same story with pretty much the same details:
  • Family of the victim (AUN)
  • His friend who was with him and witnessed the event
  • Fellow members of the Puntland Student's Union, including several friends of the victim
  • Local community elders
  • University leaders
The soldier was immediately arrested on suspicion of murder.

But something "smells fishy", so this must be a conspiracy!!

tenor.gif

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
  • Fellow members of the Puntland Student's Union, including several friends of the victim
  • Local community elders
  • University leaders

tenor.gif

Can you link the video of the victims family please?

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Of course you don't.
Your BS is debunked and shown to be the product of wilful lying & photoshopping to exploit the death of an innocent kid. Instead of admitting that you got it wrong, you double down.

Shameless.
Well, I didn't posted that pic nor shared it as true, you can see my first reply to the news, so I don't feel responsibility for that, but using words like wilful lying and exploit the death of an innocent kid, gosh I didn't exploit anything, butit seems that you like to act like that.

If I were Said Deni (Siyad Barre style) I would rage war/Jihad with Samosa Repubilic and capture the samosa Republic. The focus should be a united Majeertenia, Dishiishe iyo Cali Saleban. To the front. To the Front. To the Front. Surrender. Surrender. Surrender. Killing 1 puntite equals to 1 million samosa republicans!

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP

Yeah sxb, I pointed out that the colours of the vehicle were sus earlier in the thread but I did not want to make judgement on the photo. Blue and white are FGS and PL police colours whereas SL is generally blue.

Regardless, either scenario is horrible. Killing a student because he was wearing a Somali flag (which is a crime in SL) or killing a student who was retrieving his phone. Both are despicable murders.

I think the reason why people doubt this is because of the rapid summoning of family, friends, uni society, local elders and uni officials by HCTV, an outlet friendly to SL government. Within hours, all relevant parties were tracked down by media outlets and gave statements, even CNN is not that quick with during mass shootings. Also, this murder happened at a tense time in which Awdal has been the focus of tensions regarding 1st July.

DRACO

VIP
Shameless trolls are politicising tragic incidents once again. Misconduct happens in every police force worldwide. This was a rare occurrence, and the cop was swiftly arrested. The student was wearing a RED t-shirt, not a blue one - as trolls have been claiming. The cop who shot him during the dispute is Warsangeli and from Badhan

Well, I didn't posted that pic nor shared it as true, you can see my first reply to the news, so I don't feel responsibility for that, but using words like wilful lying and exploit the death of an innocent kid, gosh I didn't exploit anything, butit seems that you like to act like that.
The tweet you shared, which contained the wilful lying, photoshopped picture and exploited the death of the kid, was debunked on page 2 of this very thread within an hour of your post. 4 pages later correctly @Based questions whether the photoshopped picture in the debunked tweet you shared, was accurate or not. Instead of admitting that it was a fake picture, you try and act like he is being a crazy conspiracist. That is why you should be ashamed.

I should clarify though as my language was clearer - I was saying the tweet did wilful lying etc. not you. I stand by my statement though, that you should be embarrassed for doubling down on the debunked tweet and photoshopped picture.

I think the reason why people doubt this is because of the rapid summoning of family, friends, uni society, local elders and uni officials by HCTV, an outlet friendly to SL government. Within hours, all relevant parties were tracked down by media outlets and gave statements, even CNN is not that quick with during mass shootings. Also, this murder happened at a tense time in which Awdal has been the focus of tensions regarding 1st July.

I get where you're coming from, but I think anyone familiar with communities like this, and I would guess most Somali communities back home, won't be surprised by the speed at which things happened.

I'd be very surprised if this isn't the case in Somalia as well, but I can definitely say this for Somaliland communities including Borama where I spent some time. Communities back home are incredibly close and everyone knows eachother, including entire neighbourhoods in big cities like Burco and Hargeisa knowing everyone and anyone.

If news channels/reporters turn up in a neighbourhood looking for people to interview about an incident like this, the locals will very quickly be able to tell them who the victim is, who the family are etc. etc. In this case, you had fellow students from the same Puntland community as the victim, that were able to supply some of that detail.

Additionally, this is a huge story, because this sort of thing is incredibly rare in a peaceful community like Borama. So the summoning of local elders, community leaders etc quickly is 1. incredibly important and 2. easily accomplished in a relatively small city.

In short I can understand the concern you raised, but to anyone familiar with that community, it won't be a surprise at all.

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with qabil. A university student studying in Borama completed his final exam. He had left his phone behind at the uni and came back to get it out of uni times. The rules are he couldn’t as no-one was there. He started arguing w the Askari and it seems that he got killed with a bullet but not intentionally.

Last edited:
  • Local community elders
  • University leaders

tenor.gif
I agree not everything is a conspiracy. It could easily be the tragic incident from what we’ve been told. Though the Askari should be jailed for killing that poor kid who clearly had a bright future, over such a trivial thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending