A Poetic Declaration

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
monkey.gif

Tomfoolery, you’re playing games, Mr. Crepe. The carrot on the stick beckons me to move nearer but my powers of self-denial are unrelenting.

Thank you, oddly enough you aren't the first to say that.

Which would you prefer?

Aphrodite would have chosen someone's beauty that did not rival her own so Helen is considered the most beautiful for a mortal woman. However, Aphrodite punished Psyche for being better looking than her. Anyway, I digress in the world of dating applications and social media beauty is even more of a commodity to be bought and sold. And where it's not something that easily impresses others as it once did. Times have changed, and the prototypical Helen of Troy wouldn't be highly vaunted, now.

A healthy form of narcissism if you prefer to call it that is more favourable to echoism. So, I’ll take it. Your intuition was correct. However, what or better yet who could have spurred one to write a poem on self-love? lol

And you sound a bit like a member I used to know albeit from another site. And my intuition is spot on most of the time.

You get many thank you and appreciation. It’s all I can offer you at this time.
I'd let go of that petty self denial as it's nothing more than a futile defense mechanism against your hearts truest ambitions

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I'd let go of that petty self denial as it's nothing more than a futile defense mechanism against your hearts truest ambitions

This isn’t an exercise in futility. Rather the aim of the game is heightening intrigue. Some will slip into a state of suspended animation at the hope of some day experiencing rapture which does not arrive. They will endlessly wait in anticipation sustained with micro doses of sporadic attention until they become prosaic and grow agitated by experiencing little traction and resigning themselves to a more accessible option.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
@sophisticate

your intuition is rarely accurate, so I do not know why you claim it is usually spot on.

o_O We've barely been acquainted for 2 weeks yet you appear to know me inside out. It's too soon to make that deduction regarding my powers of intuition.

No man will ever truly know a woman even if he's been married to her for eons. He choose to see her through a certain lens and will be responded to in a predictable manner. Ever notice how women can be quite different depending on the man they are talking to. Some people have the power of drawing something else out of us that wasn't there and make us feel quite comfortable. The converse is also true where they can make us shut down, be reluctant to make self-disclosures and run away. Then again, the subconscious ideas we have about them can influence how we respond to them as well.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
o_O We've barely been acquainted for 2 weeks yet you appear to know me inside out. It's too soon to make that deduction regarding my powers of intuition.

No man will ever truly know a woman even if he's been married to her for eons. He choose to see her through a certain lens and will be responded to in a predictable manner. Ever notice how women can be quite different depending on the man they are talking to. Some people have the power of drawing something else out of us that wasn't there and make us feel quite comfortable. The converse is also true where they can make us shut down, be reluctant to make self-disclosures and run away. Then again, the subconscious ideas we have about them can influence how we respond to them as well.
I believe you have this said power over me

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Why do you insist that I sound cadaan? :farmajoyaab: I would say its a voice of someone born and raised in N.America.
Idk minorities have accents usually. White is just the default English accent without corruption like carribean slang or ebonics.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Idk minorities have accents usually. White is just the default English accent without corruption like carribean slang or ebonics.

Many ethnic minorities speak in a similar manner in Canada provided they were raised here before their teens. And even those who adopt local urban slang can code switch. :zhqjlmx: If one were to say that I seem articulate, have a facility with the English language or my accent were a byproduct of where I grew up that would sound more sensible rather than saying you sound cadaan.

Last edited:

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Many ethnic minorities speak in a similar manner in Canada provided they were raised here before their teens. And even those who adopt local urban slang can code switch. :zhqjlmx: If one were to say that I am articulate or I have a facility with the English language that would be sensible but sounding cadaan, nope.
I live here too but people seem to chalk normal English as a white thing. I guess you don't like that label lol. Code switching is common in Toronto but not in the 905. Here kids are in regular English but throw in toronto slang they hear. That gets dropped when adults are around.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I live here too but people seem to chalk normal English as a white thing. I guess you don't like that label lol. Code switching is common in Toronto but not in the 905. Here kids are in regular English but throw in toronto slang they hear. That gets dropped when adults are around.

Some Somalis like to stick that label on to you for doing things slightly differently lol. :icon lol:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Sad being a wannabe Madow lmao

I think Somalis unfairly judge people. We chastise them for their class, upbringing, facial arrangement or whatever differentiator. We don't share the same origins or historic legacy as people from the African diaspora, have completely different worldviews yet they are mention ad a lot and in the same breath their colloquialisms are used. Seems odd. I didn't even know Somalis had something against them until I ventured on somnet. I assumed we just stayed in our own lane and did our own thing.

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
I think Somalis unfairly judge people. We chastise them for their class, upbringing, facial arrangement or whatever differentiator. We don't share the same origins or historic legacy as people from the African diaspora, have completely different worldviews yet they are mention ad a lot and in the same breath their colloquialisms are used. Seems odd. I didn't even know Somalis had something against them until I ventured on somnet. I assumed we just stayed in our own lane and did our own thing.
Bcs we enslaved them and have been historically different. Somalis developed a sense of superiority.

Trending