A Nigerian dude told me wearing chokers is taboo in African culture

This Nigerian (Igbo?) dude told me that today while I was at the bank. He said a choker or neck rings a symbol of a criminal or a slave. I wear chokers because it’s a combination of gothic metal attire and traditional amazigh jewerly. Aren’ there several East African tribes that wear neck rings ? Somalis seem more into bangles and belts. Berbers are REALLY into jewelry. Unfortunately, I’m a lazy rebellious American that refuses to learn how to make your own jewelry

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
This isn’t targeting you but every girl that I’ve met that wears a choker is always a . That shit is like cape to a superhero.

This isn’t targeting you but every girl that I’ve met that wears a choker is always a *****. That shit is like cape to a superhero.
Depends on type. Gothic, punk, emo and metal head chokers look different than normie chokers. I like chokers because I love showing off my really long neck . Yes, I think my neck is my best feature and like to decorate it .

Okay I respect wearing it if it is really your dhaqan but this is too funny. Be normal, don't appropriate cadaan culture and mix it with your own, it is disrespectful.
Well, technically, Berbers are considered white and I feel like I should be able to copy caadans since we enslaved them for about 700 years. They owe for teaching them conservative values and bathing them for non perverted reasons....

We werent slaves, so go ahead go rock your choker lol
You don’t how many people think Somalis were slaves of Arabs. One maadow dude, ( my cousin’s old landlord) told that Somalis were the first slaves in North America. My heart actually stopped when he told me that.

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
You don’t how many people think Somalis were slaves of Arabs. One maadow dude, ( my cousin’s old landlord) told that Somalis were the first slaves in North America. My heart actually stopped when he told me that.
That's false. Somalis were never slaves in history sxb. Your insulting my ancestors. Stfu

I don't think men or women have any business wearing a choker in public. It is like a dog collar. If people are into freaky stuff, okay but they should keep it behind closed doors. To me it's like lingerie. If women want to wear lingerie or chokers behind closed doors- whatever. But I am convinced that it is indecent in public.

I don't know the proper Islamic viewpoint on chokers, that's just my viewpoint. But I am disgusted by it, I think it is indecent and I think it shouldn't be permitted. If people want to wear dog collars, whatever but let them keep that kind of thing in the bedroom. It's like walking around in s and m gear.

Okay I respect wearing it if it is really your dhaqan but this is too funny. Be normal, don't appropriate cadaan culture and mix it with your own, it is disrespectful.
Lol. Im one too who cares if u wear it. Tbf harder for me as a boy to wear it than a girl

I don't think men or women have any business wearing a choker in public. It is like a dog collar. If people are into freaky stuff, okay but they should keep it behind closed doors. To me it's like lingerie. If women want to wear lingerie or chokers behind closed doors- whatever. But I am convinced that it is indecent in public.

I don't know the proper Islamic viewpoint on chokers, that's just my viewpoint. But I am disgusted by it, I think it is indecent and I think it shouldn't be permitted. If people want to wear dog collars, whatever but let them keep that kind of thing in the bedroom. It's like walking around in s and m gear.

Calm down.

Its literally just jewelry.

Its like any necklace.

Non Mahram should not be seeing it as hijab should be covering your neck.

Choker wlhi when I see someone wear that weird things go through my mind
giphy.gif

Trending