A hostile rant about Egypt

I have no problem with the Egyptian citizens, because I haven't interacted with them beside a half Egyptian and South African friend I had in madrasa.

But I have a problem with the government who are part of destabilising somalia. Don't ask me "how" and "why", I realised they were part of it when I saw a video on twitter on somali politics of two Egyptian diplomats in Somalia election hall jumping in joy for the victory of president XSM. That's when I knew they had a role in crumbling Somalia.

View attachment 224666

They all live and subsist along the Nile, which is why they've been butting heads with Ethiopia these past few years. Egypt could have been a decent place to live, but corruption, lack of vision, and a culture of cutting corners is what led to their dire situation. I fear Somalia is heading in the same direction.
what do you mean 'heading"?

I agree with everything they said other than the LGBT thing :susp:

Egypt historically was great until Abrahamic religions took over, first Christianity, then Islam, and their state has never recovered to it's former glory.

Egypt doesn't seem like a nice place to visit due to the people I guess, heard it plenty of times.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I've been going to Egypt for more than a decade and half of that Reddit post is complete rubbish. Yes, there are issues in the country but that post is just slanderous towards Egyptians. Egyptians are some of the kindest people you will meet but it takes time to gain their trust.

I agree 100%

Most of my extended family have either lived or live in Egypt. I have been there as recently as a few months ago and its not horrible.

Tbh even Egyptians are disgusted, from what I hear from tourist and locals, the country is in a bad shape, corrupt, mismanagement, bad water, food and health. The Tourism industry is being harmed by Cyaal suuq, locals advise tourist to bring a local friend with them to guide them and protect them from harassment and scams. Look at Cairo this is hell
View attachment 224665
Horrible urban planning, mass population growth. Why somali needs strategic thinkers

They need to bring back queen hashep to kmt
12935.png

I have no problem with the Egyptian citizens, because I haven't interacted with them beside a half Egyptian and South African friend I had in madrasa.

But I have a problem with the government who are part of destabilising somalia. Don't ask me "how" and "why", I realised they were part of it when I saw a video on twitter on somali politics of two Egyptian diplomats in Somalia election hall jumping in joy for the victory of president XSM. That's when I knew they had a role in crumbling Somalia.
They were jumping for joy because they can influence Somalia more on being against Ethiopia, as you well know farmaajo was quiet buddy with abiye

They were jumping for joy because they can influence Somalia more on being against Ethiopia, as you well know farmaajo was quiet buddy with abiye
"OK" I see. But isn't the dam in near completion? I think it's too late, unless Egypt send fighter jets to bomb it.

Abaq

VIP
It really is that bad. I don't agree with the Islamaphobia, but everything else is 100%. The people are nearly devoid of all goodness and just want your money.

Trending