A hostile rant about Egypt

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Why they acting like these ancient egyptians didn’t have more slaves than citizens. What exactly are they deserving of? Their just as fucked up as their ancestors. Stop complaining so much and pick up the trash if it bothers you so much.
:heh::kanyeshrug:
I lived in Egypt. People exaggerate TOO much. It’s not that bad. Especially if you are away from the tourist areas.

most egyptians are poor. There’s a saying that 99% are poor and 1% are wealthy. They hustle to feed their fam. I remember this taxi that was trying to hustle us and when we went with him, he invited us over to eat with his family. He also explained that his oldest kids was near university age and he had twins (boy and girl) they were both heading to al-azhar university and he needed to pay their tuition so he was working over 16 hours a day.
:tocry:
annoying first worlders need to shut up. People are not gonna spend their money cleaning up attraction sites for foreigners when they have so many poor people and a shit ton of stray animals.
:jcoleno:
You will get cat called and harassed far more in the streets of NYC than Cairo.
:ehh:
these shit heads are used to second world countries spending their lacag on tourism sector and *** tourism ie South America and Southeast Asia, where they expect everything to look great for them. Well egypt isn’t like that. They don’t gaf.

Last edited:

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
I can say definitively after reading that post, it's over for Egypt. They had a good run though.

These Gaalos would do everything in their power to shit on a Muslim country its unbelievable, always negative about Egypt, Morrocco,Dubai, Qatar, etc.

Egypt really declined after 2011 and that revolution though, it was better before

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Why they acting like these ancient egyptians didn’t have more slaves than citizens. What exactly are they deserving of? Their just as fucked up as their ancestors. Stop complaining so much and pick up the trash if it bothers you so much.
:heh::kanyeshrug:
I lived in Egypt. People exaggerate TOO much. It’s not that bad. Especially if you are away from the tourist areas.

most egyptians are poor. There’s a saying that 99% are poor and 1% are wealthy. They hustle to feed their fam. I remember this taxi that was trying to hustle us and when we went with him, he invited us over to eat with his family. He also explained that his oldest kids was near university age and he had twins (boy and girl) they were both heading to al-azhar university and he needed to pay their tuition so he was working over 16 hours a day.
:tocry:
annoying first worlders need to shut up. People are not gonna spend their money cleaning up attraction sites for foreigners when they have so many poor people and a shit ton of stray animals.
:jcoleno:
You will get cat called and harassed far more in the streets of NYC than Cairo.
:ehh:
these shit heads are used to second world countries spending their lacag on tourism sector and *** tourism ie South America and Southeast Asia, where they expect everything to look great for them. Well egypt isn’t like that. They don’t gaf.

This is a poor excuse for the disaster Egypt is. Egypt has a gdp per capita roughly equivalent to Morocco or Indonesia. Neither Morocco nor Indonesia, two tourism heavy countries, are anywhere as horrific as Egypt. Keep in mind I had family living there, and lived in the Arab world for over a decade.

Egypt is much, much worse than it should be given the size of its economy. It is also not a safe place to live if you are a woman. There is something deeply dysfunctional about Egypt, it reminds me of The Philippines.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Tbh even Egyptians are disgusted, from what I hear from tourist and locals, the country is in a bad shape, corrupt, mismanagement, bad water, food and health. The Tourism industry is being harmed by Cyaal suuq, locals advise tourist to bring a local friend with them to guide them and protect them from harassment and scams. Look at Cairo this is hell
1653712832991.jpeg

Tbh even Egyptians are disgusted, from what I hear from tourist and locals, the country is in a bad shape, corrupt, mismanagement, bad water, food and health. The Tourism industry is being harmed by Cyaal suuq, locals advise tourist to bring a local friend with them to guide them and protect them from harassment and scams. Look at Cairo this is hell
View attachment 224665
Yes, there are problems but there's no need to blow things out of proportion.

I've been going to Egypt for more than a decade and half of that Reddit post is complete rubbish. Yes, there are issues in the country but that post is just slanderous towards Egyptians. Egyptians are some of the kindest people you will meet but it takes time to gain their trust.

I've been going to Egypt for more than a decade and half of that Reddit post is complete rubbish. Yes, there are issues in the country but that post is just slanderous towards Egyptians. Egyptians are some of the kindest people you will meet but it takes time to gain their trust.

Congestion, garbage, ugly and crumbling infrastructure, ripping off tourists and so on, the Islamaphobia wasn't need though. Egyptians use the slur Somali to mean backwards people, why are you riding for them?

Based

VIP
I can understand the op sharing their frustration and bad experiences about Egypt but they were clearly throwing in shades of racism and islamaphobia.

Based

VIP
View attachment 224665
Wow I don’t remember cairo looking like this hell 😧 it looks like if shingaani district was turned into a megacity

Wow I don’t remember cairo looking like this hell 😧 it looks like if shingaani district was turned into a megacity
EgyptPopulationDistribution-1600px.png

They all live and subsist along the Nile, which is why they've been butting heads with Ethiopia these past few years. Egypt could have been a decent place to live, but corruption, lack of vision, and a culture of cutting corners is what led to their dire situation. I fear Somalia is heading in the same direction.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Egypt is backwards just like majority of Ayrab countries, Syria pre war was the only good one and Yemen

Trending

Latest posts