A Happy Coming-Out-Story for A Somali Ex-Muslim

Status
Not open for further replies.
why do yall just need to tell ur parents unless it's a central part of ur identity

Muslims tell Atheists to tell their parents about their lack of belief everyday.

Now you question why atheists do it?

Well i am agnostic , so i don't really care either way

Most atheists i know in general are bunch of weaklings who cape for White supremacists and have a stock full of pre-opinions from White wing neo-con racists, who portray themselves as pseudo liberals from time to time.

When they try and explain Islam to people, it's like watching members of the KKK trying to explain African Americans.

Atheists online be like.....

tumblr_n00v9eJu9b1s7jy85o1_500.gif

:mjlol:

Another sheegato

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
Walaahi you hit the nail on the head.

Just because i stop believing in God doesn't mean i stop being Somali.

Which makes me think it has less so to do with disbelief but more so to do with them having a beef with the lifestyle and the culture.
i understand why gay people for example feel it's important to tell their parents, because it's a big deal. sexuality is a pretty big part of identity, but unbelief in something? :idontlike:

surely if it's as simple as mere unbelief then it makes more sense to not completely alienate urself from ur family over something so trivial (to the atheist)?

@AbdiJohnson religion becomes a huge part of someone's identity. so unless ur implying atheism is a religion/ideology, ur comparison doesnt work here

I would say, Yes. Lack of belief is a pretty big part of your identity, not to us but in the context of other muslims. You are faced with the choice of coming out as a non believer or to endure a lifetime of doing mundane rituals and denying yourself basic pleasures because of an archaic tradition you don't agree with. Not only is this tradition archaic but it seeks to be all encompassing and comes with a baggage of political stances, moral standards, dietary laws heck even ways to enter your bathroom that can make it even harder for a non believer to conform to. To a muslim, islam prevails over everything and any disagreement in that sentiment can result in serious shunning at best or your life at worst

So if you stepped out of your shoes for a second, you can see why not believing is such a big deal. If you were anything like these ilbax westerners you wouldnt care about what someones elses beliefs are. But yall are muslims arent you.

Last edited:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Most atheists i know in general are bunch of weaklings who cape for White supremacists and have a stock full of pre-opinions from White wing neo-con racists, who portray themselves as pseudo liberals from time to time.

:francis:

This is unfortunately true. Not all, but a lot.

The amount of gaalnimo in this thread is disturbing.
:kanyehmm:
I personally don't want to see a wave of Abdi Johnson inspired generation.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Walaahi you hit the nail on the head.

Just because i stop believing in God doesn't mean i stop being Somali.

Which makes me think it has less so to do with disbelief but more so to do with them having a beef with the lifestyle and the culture.

The thing is though you're looking it at it from your perspective without actually taking looking at it from the perspective of those concerned. If you live in a religious household you're going to be expected to get involved in certain religious practices like praying or fasting for example. If you're a woman, you're expected to wear the hijab which of course cannot be expected from a murtada. Also, now that you're an atheist you no longer need to withhold yourself from the pleasures of life and all that. Staying in hiding means that you have to live as a Muslim or at least project that image.

Also Muslims, for whatever reason, cannot accept that people leave Islam because of rational and logical reasons but instead they make up bullshit about lifestyle and culture. If you want to know why we left Islam maybe the best thing to do is ask us?

How old are some of you niggas to still be fiending for a mothers approval :what1:

Type to ask for cookies and a bedtime story:stevej:
You wouldn't want your mother's love and approval?:drakewtf: My ma is the smartest person I know I'll never be too old to want her love and approval

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending