A C.I.A. Fighter, a Somali Bomb Maker, and a Faltering Shadow War

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
What's more likely, the New York times are overestimating Al Shabab because of the Taliban or Somalis such as you are underestimating Shabab because you want to believe Somalia is making progress?

I know its anecdotal and therefore can't be used as conclusive proof. But I know people irl who have went back to xamar within the last few years and been held for ransom by Shabab fighters when they left the city. When you hear them tell the stories its hard to believe the fgs is making any sort of progress.

As I have stated earlier, I do not underestimate AS or deny their far reaching influence in society back home.

What I reject is the lazy comparisons between Somalia and Afghanistan. Al Shabaab and the Taliban are not the same and Somalia and Afghanistan are not the same.

If you look closely at that article, that was their underlying point. That Somalia could be the next Afghanistan.

One just has to look at the military funding provided to Afghanistan to see that they’re two completely different cases.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
It's not that it's criticising Puntland, it's literally telling falsehoods about it.

Are you mad or do you genuinely believe pirates are still running around in PL?

:mahubowtf:

As long as the article agrees with his views it’s gospel, par for the course for some here no critical thinking :mjlol:

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Warya is because of him is why Al shabab exists if he didn't invite Ethiopians into Somalia and hold talks with ICU to form a transitional coalition govt that would have vrought the country into a long standing stability with state institution brought back but Alas!
Alkabab was military branch of ICU. So how AY make them exist!!.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
NYT is known cia propaganda. Ever since Somalia has demanded amisom to leave and especially defence pact with Turkey, expect this propaganda to increase.

Someone finally gets it. Our nation and many muslim resource rich african nations have been feeding Western greed for far too long. This propaganda is being pushed since the FGS has grown a spine and demanded the immediate termination of the amisom mission that has caused more casualties to civilians than it has to al shabaab. Why do we need soldiers the likes of which left American soldiers to die during an al shabaab attack. African armies are just as cowardly and poorly trained as the kenyan military, i must say i'm not impressed.

The same newspaper wrote about how the cowardly KDF hid in the grass and mass deserted while american troops were slaughtered by poorly armed terrorists. This newspaper has and agenda and that agenda is to maintain american and UN anti somali operational boots on the ground.

Lets somalis with the aid of turkey and possibly china solve our problems. The west has had their time. It's time for somalis to look east.

:stopit:

1635186742562.png

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
They weren't affiliated to Al Qaeda at that time and inviting foreign forces like Ethiopia complicated stuff and jihadi insurgency has begun when Al shabab pledged its allegiance to Al Qaeda
How you know they weren't have allegiance with Al qaeda?

Ina godana alqaeda rat went to Afghanistan before ICU was created!!.

How you know they weren't have allegiance with Al qaeda?

Ina godana alqaeda rat went to Afghanistan before ICU was created!!.
They were small islamists group part of the ICU group they only grown bigger when UCU disintegrated and became the only group fighting against foreign occupation.

If the conflict with ICU was dealt in a peaceful way with two Somali entities coming together to solve their differences the country would have been much peaceful

Not true. Someone posted an interview with Al Shabaab member recently. He said level of trust and morale are at all times low. The drones especially has made Al Shabaab elites paranoid. Al shabaab are crumbling from within.

Jungle

VIP
shabab hierarchy is doing fine financially but on the ground their foot soldiers are not. Nisa has an agreement with shabab.

Just 2 weeks ago govt soldiers butchered GJ macawiisleey who kept shabab at bay in Daafeed only for shabab to take over where GJ vacated smh
amisom leaving breaks the stalemate. that means shabab overrun konfuria.
aqli lix saac ma jirin adiga ka hor
Alkabab was military branch of ICU. So how AY make them exist!!.
Abdullahi died as qaxooti in yemen. He may remembered and celebrated in PL and the internet but nowhere else.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
They were small islamists group part of the ICU group they only grown bigger when UCU disintegrated and became the only group fighting against foreign occupation.

If the conflict with ICU was dealt in a peaceful way with two Somali entities coming together to solve their differences the country would have been much peaceful
Alkabab always had their own agenda. When ICU in dialog with AY AUN. They start to show their true face. They start attacking others in xamar like aweys group.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Abdullahi died as qaxooti in yemen. He may remembered and celebrated in PL and the internet but nowhere else.

AY AUN died as qaxooti kulaha lool. I surprised hawiya still spam this bullshit because of your hate against him lool.

New Somalia build by AY AUN. Like it or hate it you are under AY AUN laws he implemented in his time. First was Somalia federalism. And you guys doing it loool.

Jungle

VIP
AY AUN died as qaxooti kulaha lool. I surprised hawiya still spam this bullshit because of your hate against him lool.

New Somalia build by AY AUN. Like it or hate it you are under AY AUN laws he implemented in his time. First was Somalia federalism. And you guys doing it loool.
read my post again dabaaloow

Mozart

You need people like me
Someone finally gets it. Our nation and many muslim resource rich african nations have been feeding Western greed for far too long. This propaganda is being pushed since the FGS has grown a spine and demanded the immediate termination of the amisom mission that has caused more casualties to civilians than it has to al shabaab. Why do we need soldiers the likes of which left American soldiers to die during an al shabaab attack. African armies are just as cowardly and poorly trained as the kenyan military, i must say i'm not impressed.

The same newspaper wrote about how the cowardly KDF hid in the grass and mass deserted while american troops were slaughtered by poorly armed terrorists. This newspaper has and agenda and that agenda is to maintain american and UN anti somali operational boots on the ground.

Lets somalis with the aid of turkey and possibly china solve our problems. The west has had their time. It's time for somalis to look east.

:stopit:

View attachment 205006
Turkey is exploiting Somalia way worse than the US ever has.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
The current government would normally be considered a pariah by the international community, especially because of the extension and failure to hold elections. But the house of card is so fragile, nobody wants to make any sudden moves. That's probably why Fahad Yasin still got a job. The NYT, Washington Post, Politico are the papers policy makers read, if they are telling you publicly Shabaab is gaining strength it means they consider the FGS a failure.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Trending

Latest posts