A blast from the past to my extremist days

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember maybe 7-8 years ago, I was at a Islamic event where a Ugandan of Indian descent who was Muslim attended. He was very liberal. I labelled him a kafir a few minutes of him speaking (I judged him in my mind, not out loud).

He was talking to us how we are able to both integrate and be Muslim at the same time. This was fine. However, he told us the young girls here are expected to shake hands with men in schools and in the workplace in the future. And that this wasn't avoidable. He brought an Arab girl to the front and tried to shake her hand but she refused. He got irate and explained again that it was necessary to shake his hand. She refused again. I was so proud of her as were others. She wasn't older than 14.

Anyways he gives us his business card. To this day I have no clue why he was invited. He wasn't someone prominent in the community. I don't even know why the adults in the room didn't tell him to stop what he was doing.

I prank called him and gave him death threats and told him that he left the fold of Islam. I kept harassing him. The first few calls he brushed it off but after continuing with the threats, I heard his voice turned into a frightened one. He said he would call the police.

I stopped because of that threat and because I felt I sent him the message.

He brought up the incident a month later when he was invited again and expressed his disappointment and his anger

I wonder where he is now.

Last edited:

Sultana

On Hiatus
Why was he trying to make the girl shake his hand? Last time I checked, no one expects orthodox Jewish women to shake other men's hands, so why should Muslim women?

But anyway, why would you threaten someone else's life?

:camby:

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
AJ, what has changed about you in that time? You went from one extreme to the other and probably still believe that the Ugandan Muslim brother is a fake Muslim. :rudywhatever:

This is what happens to Takfiris. They become Kafirs or their offspring do.

AJ, what has changed about you in that time? You went from one extreme to the other and probably still believe that the Ugandan Muslim brother is a fake Muslim. :rudywhatever:

This is what happens to Takfiris. They become Kafirs or their offspring do.

Their faith shaky, they are about hypocrisy and finding others wanting.

Why was he trying to make the girl shake his hand? Last time I checked, no one expects orthodox Jewish women to shake other men's hands, so why should Muslim women?

And why should anyone have to shake a random stranger's hand?

Duchess, I was exposed to the truth as I got older. Even if I was a 'moderate' like you (there's really no such thing as a moderate though), I still would be what I am today.

I was a Salafi. Threats are what Salafis do

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Only atheists and other non-Muslims understand the true nature of Islam. :troll:

And Salafis. They are true Muslims who keep it real, the rest of us white wash Islam so it will be palatable to ignorant western audiences.

And Salafis. They are true Muslims who keep it real, the rest of us white wash Islam so it will be palatable to ignorant western audiences.

Exactly! Two sides of the same coin.

What do you think about Reza Aslan? Skip around if you've never seen it before; YT are a bit boring:

Exactly! Two sides of the same coin.

What do you think about Reza Aslan? Skip around if you've never seen it before; YT are a bit boring:

Reza Aslan is not a representative of Muslims in the least. Check his opinions on hadiths for example. I don't like when ppl quote him just cuz he clowned q couple CNN anchors (bravo)

Reza Aslan is not a representative of Muslims in the least. Check his opinions on hadiths for example. I don't like when ppl quote him just cuz he clowned q couple CNN anchors (bravo)

I never meant it in that light. But he is saying the things I (and other fadhi ku dirir Muslims) have been saying online for years. It's just nice to be validated thusly. :yloezpe:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending