7 yr old girls married in amhara region of ethiopia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
the thing is the women also have a lower life expectancy due to the same cause of infant mortality which is giving birth, once you factor that out its near the same, so other than giving birth better we haven't improved much, infact we have less healthy foods nowadays/ worse physical exercise causing many of these modern illnesses that never existed in the first place anyways, so modern medicine is really mostly curing modern problems that wouldn't have existed at the time like say diabetes

Pretty sure things like the flu, cholera, pneumonia, infections, cancer, asthma, hypertension, heart attacks, aneurysms and so on were a thing.

As for healthy eating and exercise, I agree. Those who have good life habits tend to live long. It's weird though, there are a lot of old people who smoke a lot, drink and don't eat healthy yet they make it to 80-100.

amhara region not only the poorest region in ethiopia but the poorest in the world.

"this should have a lot to do with child marriages. my hunch."

Tukraq

VIP
Pretty sure things like the flu, cholera, pneumonia, infections, cancer, asthma, hypertension, heart attacks, aneurysms and so on were a thing.

As for healthy eating and exercise, I agree. Those who have good life habits tend to live long. It's weird though, there are a lot of old people who smoke a lot, drink and don't eat healthy yet they make it to 80-100.
those things weren't that frequent an rare considering people didn't move much and were more healthy overall, only infections looks like it would be possible

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
those things weren't that frequent an rare considering people didn't move much and were more healthy overall, only infections looks like it would be possible

I don't know how frequent they were/weren't so I can't comment on that but they were present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts