7 yr old girls married in amhara region of ethiopia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
55 years life expectancy in Somalia while according to Hadith at the time of the prophet it was 60
I don't know how to argue against hadith, but are you sure this is legit? People study this shit, and we know for a fact that people lived much shorter lives based on documented medical history.

People used to die like flies back in the days because they lacked the knowledge, and equipment to diagnose diseases. You were a goner if you got fever or diarrhea. I feel like this is common sense.

Tukraq

VIP
I don't know how to argue against hadith, but are you sure this is legit? People study this shit, and we know for a fact that people lived much shorter lives based on documented medical history.

People used to die like flies back in the days because they lacked the knowledge, and equipment to diagnose diseases. You were a goner if you got fever or diarrhea. I feel like this is common sense.
not true the only major difference was how you count deaths at birth because of how they gave birth at the time if you measure from age five up you see similar life expectancies

not true the only major difference was how you count deaths at birth because of how they gave birth at the time if you measure from age five up you see similar life expectancies
Similar life expectancies?

What do you think is the reason Somalia has a low life expectancy?
The same answer an expert would give you, you could extrapolate to the past? Namely that the standard of living is shit in Somalia, and even shittier throughout the world a few centuries back.

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
To adult men? Even teenage men who are attracted to undeveloped girls is disturbing. Nothing about these CHILDREN is womanly or seductive in any sense.

Don't even dare quote "Aisha" to me. Back then life expectancy was middle-aged so she was practically an adult woman.

Forget the pedo side for a moment and consider the risks;

She may die of internal bleeding because of intercourse let alone pregnancy, narrow child hips cannot bear a child without great risk.

Which normal man will look at a CHILD (like below or in video) and get turned on.

40311452303_33d1b58c89_z.jpg

Life expectancy does not mean maximum life span. Life expectancy is the average of all people in a pop. Child deaths bring that number down. So even back then if someone made it past the critical age then they could live to 60+

No clue how you conflate life expectancy with mental maturity though.

I don't want to argue. Just pointing something out.

Tukraq

VIP
Similar life expectancies?

What do you think is the reason Somalia has a low life expectancy
The same answer an expert would give you, you could extrapolate to the past? Namely that the standard of living is shit in Somalia, and even shittier throughout the world a few centuries back.
Somalias life expectancy is low due to weekly bombings

Aaegal

It's low because of bad access to medicine and healthcare.

In poor countries and olden times, you get a bad infection and you're dead. You get diarrhea and you're dead. Pneumonia and you're dead. Your baby gets the flu and dead. We live longer now not because our life spans increased but because of modern medicine.

Tukraq

VIP
It's low because of bad access to medicine and healthcare.

In poor countries and olden times, you get a bad infection and you're dead. You get diarrhea and you're dead. Pneumonia and you're dead. Your baby gets the flu and dead. We live longer now not because our life spans increased but because of modern medicine.
yeah but its not like these diseases spread much especially in the prophets era where they were secluded arabs that weren't really getting all these diseases, other than at child birth the life expectancy should be very similar as we can see most of the saahaba made it to 60 including the prophet, in Somalia a 40 year old is a very old man because by then most are killed through bombs and guns or have relocated to other countries

I don't think so. The far majority die of famine and low governmental spending on healthcare.

Few bombings are not going to bring down the life expectancy that much.

There's also a strong correlation between a low level of education and low life expectancy. And this is consistent throughout the world. What we know for a fact is that people in the past had an even lower level of education.

Here are the leading causes of death in Somalia:

1. Diarrhoeal diseases
2. Influenza and Pneumonia
3. Tuberculosis
4. Stroke
5. Coronary Heart Disease
6. Measles
7. Maternal Conditions
8. Road Traffic Accidents
9. Birth Trauma
10. Malnutrition
11. Meningitis
12. HIV/AIDS
13. Other Injuries

14. Liver Disease
15. Hypertension
16. Breast Cancer
17. Diabetes Mellitus
18. Low Birth Weight
19. Cervical Cancer
20. Malaria
21. Asthma
22. Prostate Cancer
23. Lung Disease
24. Anemia
25. War
26. Congenital Anomalies

27. Tetanus
28. Drownings
29. Falls
30. Endocrine Disorders
31. Peptic Ulcer Disease
32. Alzheimers/Dementia
33. Oesophagus Cancer
34. Fires
35. Suicide
36. Syphilis
37. Kidney Disease
38. Other Neoplasms
39. Epilepsy

40. Ovary Cancer
41. Colon-Rectum Cancers
42. Stomach Cancer
43. Violence
44. Lymphomas
45. Inflammatory/Heart
46. Oral Cancer
47. Leukemia
48. Rheumatic Heart Disease
49. Pertussis
50. Liver Cancer

Don't you think most of these diseases could be prevented if Somalis had a better living standard, access to knowledge, and higher governmental spending?

People in the 500-600s didn't even have the acces modern Somalia has today, and you're saying they lived longer. You're not making any sense dude.

Aaegal

I don't think so. The far majority die of famine and low governmental spending on healthcare.

Few bombings are not going to bring down the life expectancy that much.

There's also a strong correlation between a low level of education and low life expectancy. And this is consistent throughout the world. What we know for a fact is that people in the past had an even lower level of education.

Here are the leading causes of death in Somalia:

1. Diarrhoeal diseases
2. Influenza and Pneumonia
3. Tuberculosis
4. Stroke
5. Coronary Heart Disease
6. Measles
7. Maternal Conditions
8. Road Traffic Accidents
9. Birth Trauma
10. Malnutrition
11. Meningitis
12. HIV/AIDS
13. Other Injuries

14. Liver Disease
15. Hypertension
16. Breast Cancer
17. Diabetes Mellitus
18. Low Birth Weight
19. Cervical Cancer
20. Malaria
21. Asthma
22. Prostate Cancer
23. Lung Disease
24. Anemia
25. War
26. Congenital Anomalies

27. Tetanus
28. Drownings
29. Falls
30. Endocrine Disorders
31. Peptic Ulcer Disease
32. Alzheimers/Dementia
33. Oesophagus Cancer
34. Fires
35. Suicide
36. Syphilis
37. Kidney Disease
38. Other Neoplasms
39. Epilepsy

40. Ovary Cancer
41. Colon-Rectum Cancers
42. Stomach Cancer
43. Violence
44. Lymphomas
45. Inflammatory/Heart
46. Oral Cancer
47. Leukemia
48. Rheumatic Heart Disease
49. Pertussis
50. Liver Cancer

Don't you think most of these diseases could be prevented if Somalis had a better living standard, access to knowledge, and higher governmental spending?

People in the 500-600s didn't even have the acces modern Somalia has today, and you're saying they lived longer. You're not making any sense dude.
most of those things are (non issues) in developed countries for the most part.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2625386/
if you make it to age five(basically take out infant mortality), life expectancy has been the same pretty much, infact it was the same as Somalias current rate at the time of king Judah, so medicine has done very little to change this other than giving birth more safely
That's exactly my point. Somalia is shit, and that's why life expectancy is low. The difference between Somalia and Japan is because of access to medicine, healthy food, education, and healthcare.

There are few problems with the study you posted:

1. The people presented were not the average man and woman, but the elites. So clearly not a good representation for your point.

2. In the same study it states that even though the male life expectancy has been the same, the female life expectancy has drastically changed in the last centuries. Females consist of half of the world population dude. This means that life expectancy was lower in general either way.

Tukraq

VIP
That's exactly my point. Somalia is shit, and that's why life expectancy is low. The difference between Somalia and Japan is because of access to medicine, healthy food, education, and healthcare.

There are few problems with the study you posted:

1. The people presented were not the average man and woman, but the elites. So clearly not a good representation for your point.

2. In the same study it states that even though the male life expectancy has been the same, the female life expectancy has drastically changed in the last centuries. Females consist of half of the world population dude. This means that life expectancy was lower in general either way.
the thing is the women also have a lower life expectancy due to the same cause of infant mortality which is giving birth, once you factor that out its near the same, so other than giving birth better we haven't improved much, infact we have less healthy foods nowadays/ worse physical exercise causing many of these modern illnesses that never existed in the first place anyways, so modern medicine is really mostly curing modern problems that wouldn't have existed at the time like say diabetes

Aaegal

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2625386/
if you make it to age five(basically take out infant mortality), life expectancy has been the same pretty much, infact it was the same as Somalias current rate at the time of king Judah, so medicine has done very little to change this other than giving birth more safely @Aaegal@The alchemist
n factor is pretty low on that study. Not sure if that would translate to a bigger population.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending