5 years since I prayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot how to pray? How were you with your prayers before?

I have a pdf file someone sent me a while back. It was steps on how to pray, sorta beginner like. I can send it to you if you want. I'll have to look for it though. There's also plenty of other online sources, videos

If you were already praying before I don't think it would be too difficult to learn again.
Can you send it to me as well ?

Watching YouTube for pointers.
You forgot how to pray? How were you with your prayers before?

I have a pdf file someone sent me a while back. It was steps on how to pray, sorta beginner like. I can send it to you if you want. I'll have to look for it though. There's also plenty of other online sources, videos

If you were already praying before I don't think it would be too difficult to learn again.

Dad is not religious and mom is worse.
Play soccer with a lot of Somali guys. They pray a lot. Not 5 daily. Usually 2 after dusk. Learned a lot from Somali friends.

Sorry about that. It's nice you want to learn and start again, may Allah accept it and make it easy for you.

Idk how to attach it here. It won't work, maybe I'll try sending it
Can you send it to me as well ?

Yeah if I can, for sure : )

I don't read his shit. And why are you recommending his literature?
I was not recommending. Its just that you told me you were an agnostic. Every agnostic and atheist loves him. He's their Ahmed Deedat. I thought maybe you were part of his manhaj.

I used to read him on a "know thy enemy" basis. Well, at least you're better than @ArchBishopofAtheism. He told me he doesn't know who Nietzsche is. Unbelievable. It's like a qaniis who doesn't know who Elton John is

Sorry about that. It's nice you want to learn and start again, may Allah accept it and make it easy for you.

Idk how to attach it here. It won't work, maybe I'll try sending it

Yeah if I can, for sure : )
What are you having trouble with ?

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
5 years without praying? Wow!!

If I miss one prayer I feel like I bought a one way ticket to hell.

VixR

Veritas
So..how did you feel?

I never felt anything. I always thought ppl were major bullshitting the connection they felt.

SuldaanGuled

Rag waa shaah dumarna waa sheeko.
@lone

May Allah make it easy for you ameen

Secondly you don't need to wait until friday to pray, what's important is that you establish your prayers you can do that any moment. I understand that you're seeking to reignite your spiritual awakening so as to speak and by being in the midst of friday congregation you'll be able to re-establish that connection with salah that you're seeking. It's not a bad start but you need to realise that sooner or later you'll need to address the primary reasons as to why you lost that connection in the first place, by doing that you'll be able to move forward.

Thirdly there's no guarantee that you'll feel any different than you do now even after attending friday prayers ? why ? because there's no correlation as lots of muslims attend friday prayers and there's no change in their hearts, the reason being emaan increases and decreases based on our actions. The further one is removed away from the remembrance of Allah the more your emaan decreases similarly the closer you're to Allah the more your emaan increases. We're in a constant struggle until the day we depart from this limited life which is why we need to strive consistently so as to not give in. It's good to see that you're trying to make changes but you need to go about it the right way, let me know if i can help in anyway

Ilaahay haku fududeyo arintada

That happens, my situation is different because I was never taught but recently I went online trying to learn...it's hard because, you have to be disciplined and really want it.

Wait,your parents never tought you how to pray. How is that even possible in a somali household.

Were they secular and never cared about the deen?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending