40 PL MPs planning to sign motion to kick out DP World from Bosaso

cow

VIP
Last time he illegally and unconstitutionally rid of 8 mps for those exact thing. Now it is 40 mps. Deni situation is getting worse each day.

@Duchess I told you deni will be put under huge pressure. More to come

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Thank god in the seven heavens of jannatul firdaws.

Mashallah.

Hopefully, we can sign a more legally airtight deal that guarantees development.

Every time PL signs an investment deal with the UAE, we get fucked over.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Thank god in the seven heavens of jannatul firdaws.

Mashallah.

Hopefully, we can sign a more legally airtight deal that guarantees development.

Every time PL signs an investment deal with the UAE, we get fucked over.

Berbera port been getting nice development from UAE, I wonder how former Prez Gaas screwed this up so bad that we haven't gotten the same.

I don't know. DP World has developed Berbera so well maybe reer Bosasso should wait a little bit more.

When Somaliland government signed Berbera deal all Somalis went nuts on social media for 4 years but after the first phase was done recently, the pictures of modern Berbera facilities went viral and Somalis started to boast and celebrate it.

Moral of the story patience pays off. Especially with multinational company like DP World.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I don't know. DP World has developed Berbera so well maybe reer Bosasso should wait a little bit more.

When Somaliland government signed Berbera deal all Somalis went nuts on social media for 4 years but after the first phase was done recently, the pictures of modern Berbera facilities went viral and Somalis started to boast and celebrate it.

Moral of the story patience pays off. Especially with multinational company like DP World.

They literally signed Bosaso just to kill the port. It was competition to Berbera and now it isn’t.

But the PL government won’t do anything because UAE is their sugar daddy in their fight against the FGS.

They should grow some balls and tell the UAE that this isn’t okay by any means.

Reborn
They literally signed Bosaso just to kill the port. It was competition to Berbera and now it isn’t.

But the PL government won’t do anything because UAE is their sugar daddy in their fight against the FGS.

They should grow some balls and tell the UAE that this isn’t okay by any means.

So UAE killed the P&O port manager in Bossaso?

You and I both know security which mitigates risks is crucial for any Foreign Direct Investments to go through :damedamn:

cow

VIP

Why would they need two ports that close next to each other?

They probably wanted to develop berbera port and not have a competitors in bosaaso port.

Berbera is closer to ethiopia then bosaso which the main market.

In berbera what people where complaining about was the port being shutdown but people could still see the port being developed albeit slowly however there is zero developments for bosaaso port.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP

They probably wanted to develop berbera port and not have a competitors in bosaaso port.

In berbera what people where complaining about was the port being shutdown but people could still see the port being developed albeit slowly however there is zero developments for bosaaso port.

No offence bro.

But you siding with me on this argument is making me think that I might be wrong here.

:manny:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Change the Title. Bossaso isn't prestigious enough to get DP World. Its P&O world. :russ:

And Berbera was?

Let’s be honest, prior to the port and its current mayor, it was a neglected city.

Berbera has improved immensely since then but saying you have to “prestigious” to get a DP World port is BS.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP

We wish the best for Bosaso port, we want it to be thriving and booming UAE is stagnating progress. It seems like they are pouring their effort in berbera unfairly although We wish the best for Berbera too.

Well why is Puntland fighting the FGS at all? Let's tell it like it is and say that in Farmajo we have a wannabe dictator who wants to centralise power in his hands and single handedly rule the whole of Somalia. If you are against this then why do you oppose my collegiate confederalism proposal as an antidote to the neo Faqash cult?

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Well why is Puntland fighting the FGS at all? Let's tell it like it is and say that in Farmajo we have a wannabe dictator who wants to centralise power in his hands and single handedly rule the whole of Somalia. If you are against this then why do you oppose my collegiate confederalism proposal as an antidote to the neo Faqash cult?

Yea, Farmaajo is horrible.

However, I’m not going to sign Somalia’s death warrant by wanting confederation.

Confederations collapse within a decade. Somalia is a fragile state meaning a collapse in its system of governance could very well plunge us back into anarchy.

I can’t support something that I know is a destructive thing. It’s like getting a doctor today to support smoking.

And Berbera was?

Let’s be honest, prior to the port and its current mayor, it was a neglected city.

Berbera has improved immensely since then but saying you have to “prestigious” to get a DP World port is BS.
Berbera's prestige wasn't only in its infrastructure but its location. It was sought after by the Americans and Russian before and the arabs also. Its location, runway, access to Ethiopia, SL markets etc made it an ideal project. Bosaso isn't that. Only Xamar and Kismayo can compete in ports and Xamar being the best of the three in totality.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Berbera's prestige wasn't only in its infrastructure but its location. It was sought after by the Americans and Russian before and the arabs also. Its location, runway, access to Ethiopia, SL markets etc made it an ideal project. Bosaso isn't that. Only Xamar and Kismayo can compete in ports and Xamar being the best of the three in totality.

Location and infrastructure isn’t prestige.

That’s called suitability.

@Periplus sorry to mention them again bro but aside from their undemocratic and monarchical traits, what I love about the UAE political system is a) the central government is more powerful than then each emirate even though the latter has broad autonomy and b) the federal authorities and every emirate government gets along fine BECAUSE emirate leaders are SIMULTANEOUSLY federal leaders. You can't argue with yourself now can we?

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Change the Title. Bossaso isn't prestigious enough to get DP World. Its P&O world. :russ:

Same thing, they are both outfits owned by UAE government

9oQFDOv.png

Last edited:

Trending