40 PL MPs planning to sign motion to kick out DP World from Bosaso

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
No Puntite should debate a topic with "PuntlandPost" as the source. It might as well be called "FarmaajoPost", that is how biased it is and it is owned by a Non-Puntite.
Are you satisfied with how UAE deals with Bosaso it should get similar upgrades as Berbera and more equipment surely? Do you support the current level of stagnation?

I think puntland just copied somaliland as usual without thinking about the consequences , the company they invited is actually not DP but the P&O , then something horrible happened the manager was killed. Even that killing is not big deal but the fact is P&O is not especialized in Port developments , they are known for other capacities mostly related to tourism.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I think puntland just copied somaliland as usual without thinking about the consequences , the company they invited is actually not DP but the P&O , then something horrible happened the manager was killed. Even that killing is not big deal but the fact is P&O is not especialized in Port developments , they are known for other capacities mostly related to tourism.

They are owned by the same people, try again.

Deni is the current amir of PL and enjoys the loyalty of his people as would whoever replaces him. We are not the chaotic southie zoo. We follow one Amir at a time my Gaare friend from Liban zone

View attachment 207684
260198780_1297035774052329_6919488640033872784_n.jpg

Kkk clearly he doesnt enjoy much support. Plus PL looks pretty chaotic to me. You supported deni stepping all over the constitution that made him amir in first place. At least you're honest.

Btw garre dont live in libaan.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
We can build Bosaso on our own. The deal was good at the time but they didn't keep their promise. However there's also the fact that we have progressed economically and politically. They were going to spend 100 million which is what they spent in Berbera. That's chump change for managing a port for 30 years. Unlike Somaliland we have proven the capability to built our own infrastructure projects. The deal should be cancelled immediately.
Most of these people don't understand what the point of a port is. They think the point of having a port is the customs revenue that is paid to the government that manages the port.

The point of a port is to make your economy connected to the world economy so that your people end up paying global prices rather than local prices. Ports lower your transportation costs, and give you access to many more markets to trade with. This creates an urban economy that can scale. Ports save your people money, and give you access to export markets. The tax revenue from ports is negligible compared to the positive externalities they can generate.

Puntland wants a port at Garacad because it wants a second urban economy that is like Bosaso, not because it expects to gain some of Djibouti's port revenues.

cow

VIP
looks like it is going to happen soon and more MP's have joined the original 40 mps that want to kick PO world out of bosaaso

Trending