25,000 tons of Ukrainian wheat arrived in Berbera port.

I swear they don’t want Somalis to be self sufficient. I was watching a documentary about this qurbajoog farmer who invested in a farm in hargeysa outskirts and he said the ngo’s like wfp purposely flood the market with low quality free food right in the harvesting season for somali farmers. This forces the farmers to compete with free food which puts them at big loses. They do this throughout the whole country from Shabeele to juba river. They only flood free food on harvesting season. Alshabaab is also used as a method to hinder the farmers who are forced to pay heavy taxes that they can’t afford which forces them to escape from their towns. If we don’t do something soon we are finished. No somali whether it’s garissa jigjiga hargeisa or beledweyne produces anything that makes them money. Free expired food by ngos Are everywhere in all those cities.
Somalis depend on other ethnics for their veggies and fruits.

ZodiaK

VIP
There are actually two ships carrying a total of 55,000 tons of grain from Ukraine docked at Berbera port at the moment. Most of it is probably bound for Ethiopia. The WFP seems to have ramped up its operations in Berbera of late.

"The BC CALLISTO is the second ship as part of the program launched by Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in partnership with the World Food Program. This ship is carrying 30,000 tonnes of wheat destined for Ethiopia".

"The NEVA is the third vessel within the #GrainFromUkraine program to reach the port of destination. It carries onboard 25,000 tons of milling wheat. This is part of the humanitarian aid from Ukraine for Ethiopia and Somalia, which are on the verge of famine".

1672411120978.png

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Another "gift" in the chains of NGO/aid dependency
I believe this is a purchase. Zelensky boasted about sending ‘aid’ but I saw a BBC Somali interview of the company that bought it in Somaliland saying it wasn’t aid

Although France claims it is aid and that they contributed to the purchase.

Ironically enough a lot of Somali regions invested in wheat mills and wheat silos so this war kept them from going bankrupt. Somali brain (invest in what everyone else is investing in) finally had a use lol.

I swear they don’t want Somalis to be self sufficient. I was watching a documentary about this qurbajoog farmer who invested in a farm in hargeysa outskirts and he said the ngo’s like wfp purposely flood the market with low quality free food right in the harvesting season for somali farmers. This forces the farmers to compete with free food which puts them at big loses. They do this throughout the whole country from Shabeele to juba river. They only flood free food on harvesting season. Alshabaab is also used as a method to hinder the farmers who are forced to pay heavy taxes that they can’t afford which forces them to escape from their towns. If we don’t do something soon we are finished. No somali whether it’s garissa jigjiga hargeisa or beledweyne produces anything that makes them money. Free expired food by ngos Are everywhere in all those cities.
It is the responsibility of the governments to restrict the free food to only those who are in serious need. Go talk with the clan elder who was responsible for voting in the mps. This can be solved on a local level too. Its all about consultation and dialog.

That not ngos. Its somalis doing it to themselves.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
It is the responsibility of the governments to restrict the free food to only those who are in serious need. Go talk with the clan elder who was responsible for voting in the mps. This can be solved on a local level too. Its all about consultation and dialog.
US is now also doing cash payments rather than just the usual aid. So whoever can produce food in Somalia and sell it at a market will benefit loads from this aid

US is now also doing cash payments rather than just the usual aid. So whoever can produce food in Somalia and sell it at a market will benefit loads from this aid
Thats good. Cash over handouts. The government should do more for us to become food secure and to be able to sustain our growing population. Also the government has to pressure the Ethiopians not to build dams on our two rivers and tell them if they dont demolish it Ethiopia will not be allowed to have access to the sea. I know we dont have much leverage but this is something that should be discussed a lot more. We need our rivers for irrigation and forestation. Only 10% of Somalia is arable. We need it to be at least 30%

we need to move away from being a herder to being a farmer and ranchers, with erratic weather, and deforestation people need to limit themselves geographically, farming and ranching will be a good solution.
Exactly, only a few minority are setting up ranches for their camels more would join but we don’t have a big hay farmers. It’s the best thing we can do keeping our camels and still profiting.

Exactly, only a few minority are setting up ranches for their camels more would join but we don’t have a big hay farmers. It’s the best thing we can do keeping our camels and still profiting.
I know dont the details. These are just ideas but I do know that we have to major rivers. Juba and shebelle river, dawa river and dry rivers that become rivers when it rains a lot in the mountains of Ethiopia. We have 63765km2 worth of arable land. Somalis back home need to leave their clan enclaves and settle in the fertile land, ranch and be farmers. Its tribal 50kBC mentality to be stuck as a herder and when rain seasons fail come begging and starving to the overpopulated cities and be an IDP. People backhome has to think. They need to consult with their clan elders who are responsible for voting in the right MP who are aware of these issues and then can introduce a bill that will help them. Things has to change at the local level just like the uprising against shabaab.

Trending

Latest posts