23&me results

Disappointed it doesn't break it down further but not surprised by the results.

I'm from the north so I assumed I would be T-L208 but surprised by J1B on my maternal side.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 388
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 393
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 383
I have got no idea about your maternal haplogroup but all I know is that somalis are paternally oriented community and dont care that much about who their ayeeyos was.

Anyway whats your qabiil sxb

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
probably gadabursi
Did you want me to comment? :mjpls: Also, why assume? He could be Cissa or Issaq.

I'm from the north so I assumed I would be T-L208 but surprised by J1B on my maternal side.
J1b is likely West Asian in origin. Sadly, most people don't have the same enthusiasm for mtDNA as yDNA.

Last edited:
I have another one among all the available with that mtDNA. That person had a recent maternal Arabian bloodline. That's the only other person, to my knowledge.

@Sophisticate
I got this list off the mud of documenting each public individual on 23andMe. I removed the outliers with known foreign influence. The J carriers are mixed. Only one individual with J1d and OP are only non-mixed. Probably got antiquity among Somalis though.

M= 13%
N= 8.192%
L2a= 20%
L0= 12%
L3= 32%
L4= 0.88%
R0= 5.94%
HV= 1.77%
U= 2.41%
K= 0.88%
J= 1.178%
L1= 1.75%

I saw someone posting percentages very similar to this. I believe it's representative to a great extent.

Amber

A blessed human

if this comes out rude, it is not but major L
L Loser GIF
. sorry

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I have another one among all the available with that mtDNA. That person had a recent maternal Arabian bloodline. That's the only other person, to my knowledge.

@Sophisticate
I got this list off the mud of documenting each public individual on 23andMe. I removed the outliers with known foreign influence. The J carriers are mixed. Only one individual with J1d and OP are only non-mixed. Probably got antiquity among Somalis though.

M= 13%
N= 8.192%
L2a= 20%
L0= 12%
L3= 32%
L4= 0.88%
R0= 5.94%
HV= 1.77%
U= 2.41%
K= 0.88%
J= 1.178%
L1= 1.75%

I saw someone posting percentages very similar to this. I believe it's representative to a great extent.

I haven't gotten any J mtDNAs on my list yet. Perhaps we should also inquire about the OP's mother to satiate our curiosity.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
You know what this means... Xeebjire getting T-L208 like the rest of Gadabursi just destroyed the mythical tale of them being Sheekhaal :banderas::rejoice:
I heard some time back that Xeebjire was T-L208, but this is the first major confirmation. I knew that Sheekhash/Sheekhaal was more of a title for a priestly class of people rather than an actual qabil. Also, doesn't Xeebjire refer to someone who lives near the sea/coast?

We should let @AbdiFreedom know that we have no R Gadabuursi person thus far. I don't know who spread this mistruth. I once saw it reiterated on Twitter. So far, all the Gadabuuris are T. Until further notice. The only one I would speculate is not Ali Ganun (who people claim broke away from Batiire and joined Habar Afaan a few hundred years ago), but I still haven't seen their results.​

Last edited:

AbdiFreedom

#Pierre4PM/End Mass Immigration to 🇨🇦 #DefundUN
Staff Member
I heard some time back that Xeebjire was T-L208, but this is the first major confirmation. I knew that Sheekhash/Sheekhaal was more of a title for a priestly class of people rather than an actual qabil. Also, doesn't Xeebjire refer to someone who lives near the sea/coast?

We should let @AbdiFreedom know that we have no R Gadabuursi person thus far. I don't know who spread this mistruth. I once saw it reiterated on Twitter. So far, all the Gadabuuris are T. Until further notice. The only one I would speculate is not Ali Ganun (who people claim broke away from Batiire and joined Habar Afaan a few hundred years ago), but I still haven't seen their results.​

Youre mistaken but I won't engage.

:mjpls:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
It was said by your fellow Samaroon online. My memory is fuzzy. Were all Gadabursi subclans tested?
Most major ones that I know were tested. I still have yet to identify this rather rare and elusive (R). I have never seen them on 23andMe. Who was the Samaroon fellow that said it? We need to track him down.

Why do people care about their ancestors 10000 years ago, does it unlock super powers? Go back further and every one is a cousin of each other regardless. White black purple pink yellow we all have the same forefather. Waste of money but you do you

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Why do people care about their ancestors 10000 years ago, does it unlock super powers? Go back further and every one is a cousin of each other regardless. White black purple pink yellow we all have the same forefather. Waste of money but you do you
People talk about DNA results all the time. It's done more so out of genuine curiosity. Why have you chosen to vocalize this now?

Arkan

Allahayow ada boqoree beesha nabadee

The title of Sheekhaal being a priestly class would make since their ancestor, Sheikh Ismaacil Cumar Siyaad is historically known to be a knowledgeable scholar and preacher of Islam.

I've heard that Xeebjire does not refer to them being from sea/coast but due to their progenitor named above who travelled to the Coastal Urban hubs of Saylac and Berbera to preach Islam thus eventually his offspring being named "Ilma-Xeebjire" and who later on changed it to just "Xeebjire"

We'll have to wait until a Western fella from Cali Ganuun does a test. Once he does the test and gets T, it will prove we're the only real clan in the North :icon lol:

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts