23&me results

I haven't gotten any J mtDNAs on my list yet. Perhaps we should also inquire about the OP's mother to satiate our curiosity.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Those are Js based on 100s of samples. It's not common, and only two of them are unmixed, lol. The rest are either non-Somalis or mixed with Arabs. OP is fully Somali autosomally. That mtDNA is centuries old years old or can go beyond thousand years. Nothing too recent at least. We can even go beyond; it can be way older and might be of northeast African origin too, but this a lesser speculation.

World

VIP
Did you want me to comment? :mjpls: Also, why assume? He could be Cissa or Issaq.

J1b is likely West Asian in origin. Sadly, most people don't have the same enthusiasm for mtDNA as yDNA.
He said he was “from the North” if he was Isaaq, he wouldn’t say that. And I was right. :manny:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
The title of Sheekhaal being a priestly class would make since their ancestor, Sheikh Ismaacil Cumar Siyaad is historically known to be a knowledgeable scholar and preacher of Islam.
That makes sense.
I've heard that Xeebjire does not refer to them being from sea/coast but due to their progenitor named above who travelled to the Coastal Urban hubs of Saylac and Berbera to preach Islam thus eventually his offspring being named "Ilma-Xeebjire" and who later on changed it to just "Xeebjire"
That would explain the coastal connection.
We'll have to wait until a Western fella from Cali Ganuun does a test. Once he does the test and gets T, it will prove we're the only real clan in the North-West :icon lol:
I'm waiting for at least one Ali Ganuun to do the test. It would be nice to see the results.
He said he was “from the North” if he was Isaaq, he wouldn’t say that. And I was right. :manny:
You were correct. :damn: He would have shown up with a Landcruiser and cha-cha-ed into this thread with a colourful bracelet as though it were May 19th.

I was going to be conservative and say Fiqishini (but there aren't that many) or Cissa, but they tend to claim Djbouti wholesale. I should have defaulted to Occam's razor.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Those are Js based on 100s of samples. It's not common, and only two of them are unmixed, lol. The rest are either non-Somalis or mixed with Arabs. OP is fully Somali autosomally. That mtDNA is centuries old years old or can go beyond thousand years. Nothing too recent at least. We can even go beyond; it can be way older and might be of northeast African origin too, but this a lesser speculation.
I failed to register his DNA breakdown. I just scanned over the haplogroups.

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.
I heard some time back that Xeebjire was T-L208, but this is the first major confirmation. I knew that Sheekhash/Sheekhaal was more of a title for a priestly class of people rather than an actual qabil. Also, doesn't Xeebjire refer to someone who lives near the sea/coast?

We should let @AbdiFreedom know that we have no R Gadabuursi person thus far. I don't know who spread this mistruth. I once saw it reiterated on Twitter. So far, all the Gadabuuris are T. Until further notice. The only one I would speculate is not Ali Ganun (who people claim broke away from Batiire and joined Habar Afaan a few hundred years ago), but I still haven't seen their results.​
I have a relative from Awdal (all 4 grandparents) who’s E-V32, I just asked him for his clan and am waiting for the answer rn

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Last edited:

NidarNidar

Punisher
My tribal cousin. :friendhug:Both my ayeeyos are Xeebjire. I'm Aden Yonis (Yonis Musse Makahil). The general lore is that The mother of Xeebjire was Aden Yonis.
Small world
I haven't gotten any J mtDNAs on my list yet. Perhaps we should also inquire about the OP's mother to satiate our curiosity.
she is Habar Yusif
I've heard that Xeebjire does not refer to them being from sea/coast but due to their progenitor named above who travelled to the Coastal Urban hubs of Saylac and Berbera to preach Islam thus eventually his offspring being named "Ilma-Xeebjire" and who later on changed it to just "Xeebjire"

We'll have to wait until a Western fella from Cali Ganuun does a test. Once he does the test and gets T, it will prove we're the only real clan in the North :icon lol:
From my reading and asking elderly family members, that seems the story that is told.

iftiina

Spoilers Queen
Im warsengeli, so i wonder how mines is gonna show up if i do one, alot of people say warsengeli are mixed with indian or something like that

NidarNidar

Punisher
Im warsengeli, so i wonder how mines is gonna show up if i do one, alot of people say warsengeli are mixed with indian or something like that
You'll never know until you get it done, I would wait for it to go on sale, I got it for my Granny originally but was on sale for 79 euros, I'm still waiting on her results.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Small world

The first three pages and excluded the Arabian admixed:

Trending

Latest posts