2023 FGS Budget Review

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
1713920124114.png

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
America flexing financial might. Where is China UAE and Turkey. These countries minnows compared to America if somalia is to succede needs to build closer relations with America and sell its importance

1713920595577.png

All things change when HSM came, Bayle used to give SL & PL the biggest share of the budget support and it was transferred to SL after Wahen fire, but after HSM came, they removed SL from the equation and cut everybody's share.
It seems Damuljadid are more ravenous than N&N, and they started with the Khat monopoly and extra income from there, then they moved to the airport and people complained about extra fees that goes to private companies, they also sold a lot of land and want to evict more people from government lands so they can sell them.
They are capitalists at heart i support kicking off squatters,

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
UAE supports different groups. Supposedly fund and support PMPF to tune of 50 million a year. they also support SNA but have been scaling back due to deal with Turkey which they feel threatened their interests, supposedly gave about 108 million annually. UAE was also caught with 10 million in cash suitcases 2018 which shows they will use underhanded tactics. They also have stakes in ports in somalia but overall murky on how far tentacles go

Last edited:

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
Turkey aid just like UAE is very murky not clear how much assistance and aid they provide. But country im very suspicous of. They have stakes all over Xamar making money off ports and airport. They are also not that rich and receive aid themselves from europe and america. this document states they have given 116 million last 6 years. But this is a country where citizens don't have many things we take for granted in the west and many people fleeing country. You can find Turkish refugees all over europe and even america. I don't see the country as reliable partner especially if Erdogan leaves and some of the mayor election results his party also lost is not good sign.

Last edited:

Nin123

The most hated man in here
VIP
Turkey aid just like UAE is very murky not clear how much assistance and aid they provide. But country im very suspicous of. They stakes all over Xamar making money of ports and airport. They are also not that rich and receive aid themselves from europe and america
You talking about turkey? Yeah they are broke and have high inflation rates. They got almost 30% of Somalia resources to get rich from.

World

VIP
America flexing financial might. Where is China UAE and Turkey. These countries minnows compared to America if somalia is to succede needs to build closer relations with America and sell its importance

View attachment 326177
Honestly i dont understand your point of view. The US and Turkey have a good relationship and are close allies, so Somalia should build closer relations with both of them.

View attachment 326177
That’s funny Saudi gives money, and they don’t have much influence at all
Turkey aid just like UAE is very murky not clear how much assistance and aid they provide. But country im very suspicous of. They stakes all over Xamar making money of ports and airport. They are also not that rich and receive aid themselves from europe and america
Unlike uae they don’t have disposable income but they do have businessman that they leverage over to work in Somalia, they are in construction, healthcare, retail, you don’t see it because it’s in private sector. Have you noticed Somali restaurants offer Turkish breakfasts and other Turkish cuisine. But with uae they prefer just handing cash over and not bothered to see if there’s fruition, with turkey they can’t afford wasting money, so you will see on the ground especially in Mogadishu the turkey influence is strong,

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
The 30% stake in marine resources rumoured that turkey will recieve is also something I am cautious of. They can just fish and fish to build up money but will they really invest billions for off shore oil rigs in somalia. This would be great if it happens but something I have hard time believing. The skeptic in me thinks they will just fish and corner market and never really do anything oil related due to costs and potential risk of doing business in somalia where new govt can easily be established who tells them to F off and keep oil assets

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
You talking about turkey? Yeah they are broke and have high inflation rates. They got almost 30% of Somalia resources to get rich from.
Yes easy money to fish and fish and tell other nations this is our waters now. At least we get rid of low life iranian, yemenis and indians who plundering for free lets hope Turkey gentle and uses vaseline

The 30% stake in marine resources rumoured that turkey will recieve is also something I am cautious of. They can just fish and fish to build up money but will they really invest billions for off shore oil rigs in somalia. This would be great if it happens but something I have hard time believing. The skeptic in me thinks they will just fish and corner market and never really do anything oil related due to costs and potential risk of doing business in somalia where new govt can easily be established who tells them to F off and keep oil assets
Trust me they will drill for oil, with the eu stopping them drilling oil in the Mediterranean Sea, they have all these deep sea equipments in use, they have infrastructure, expertise in ready use

Trending