2 Somali Mosques In Minnesota Attacked After Prayer Calls Law Was Passed

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
2023425638179849334874943.jpg

Two Minneapolis mosques were attacked in consecutive days, raising concerns over potential anti-Muslim hate crimes. The Masjid Omar Islamic Center and the Mercy Islamic Center were targeted, prompting community members and the Minnesota chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) to urge law enforcement to investigate the possibility of anti-Muslim bias motives.

On Sunday evening, a man allegedly set a fire in a bathroom at the Masjid Omar Islamic Center. The suspect, described as a white man, entered the mosque carrying a container of flammable liquid before starting the fire. Worshippers quickly extinguished the flames with a fire extinguisher. The mosque in the 24 Somali Mall in the city's Ventura Village neighbourhood received prompt assistance from police and fire officials.
The following day, Minneapolis firefighters responded to another fire at the Mercy Islamic Center, located near 27th Street East and Bloomington Avenue. Smoke was showing from the roof of the three-story building when emergency crews arrived. Firefighters found a fire on the top floor, evacuated the building, and extinguished the flames without them spreading to other floors. The building's structure was not compromised.

Investigators from the Minneapolis Police Department are considering anti-Muslim bias as a potential motive in both incidents. Sgt. Garrett Parten stated, "Things like that are always considered, especially when it's related to a worship center." No arrests have been made, and the authorities seek the public's help in identifying the suspects.

These attacks follow the recent vandalism of the Umatul Islam mosque in Minneapolis, where damages exceeded $50,000. The police closed the investigation due to insufficient evidence. The recent arson marks the eighth mosque targeted in Minnesota in recent months, setting an alarming record for both the state and the nation.

Jamal Osman has expressed support for the Muslim community, emphasizing their right to worship freely without fear of violence. Osman wrote on Twitter, "Everyone in this country has the right to worship freely without fear of violence. I would like to assure our community that we stand in solidarity and provide all the necessary support to increase safety for the community."

Aegon

The Conqueror, King of all Westeros
But I don't understand, what are they actually looking for? they live in a country where there are centuries of Christianity, they know their past and their behavior towards Muslims but they ALWAYS WANT TO ATTRACT THE ATTENTION we need that maybe ? our parents when they came they were praying in cellars.

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
Lol who couldnt see that coming from a mile away?
Now these mn somalis r gonna start complaining about having right wingers after them. Why can’t some of yall respect others ppls country laws?

Now tell me where i said they r violating us laws u idiot? They f*cking changing laws of a country that isn’t theirs to their liking. This only puts a target on our backs. literally the stories i have heard of racist attacks against somalis in lewiston is crazy, i can only imagine things getting worst in minnesota with the majority of the community being there. Besides somalis r not ever gonna let jews/christians worship quietly in their countries despite islam allowing it as long as they pay jizya. It’s hypocritical.

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
But I don't understand, what are they actually looking for? they live in a country where there are centuries of Christianity, they know their past and their behavior towards Muslims but they ALWAYS WANT TO ATTRACT THE ATTENTION we need that maybe ? our parents when they came they were praying in cellars.
Exactly muslims should not try to participate in the government they pay taxes to. SMH they should pay taxes and shut up.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Every american somali should be strapped up, would love to send a threatening gaal to aakhiro kkkk.

Masaajids need to have guards with assault rifles.

Literally have been saying this too ! Drawing attention to your community that is both black and muslim will cause nothing but harm idk why people on here are acting so naive America history shows that they're far from tolerant.

Exactly muslims should not try to participate in the government they pay taxes to. SMH they should pay taxes and shut up.
Practice your believe quietly because the truth is America is still owned by the same gaalo white man you hate. Somalis just love drawing unnecessary attention to themselves, other muslims try to integrate but for some odd reason you niggas chose to be madax adag about it.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
this is the most retarded take.

“If you choose to democratically push for laws that are favourable for you, don’t complain when people who don’t agree with democracy decide to start committing hate crimes”

Seriously, the city of Minneapolis agreed to this. It’s not like muslims just went and started doing adhan calls. And now it’s suddenly the muslim’s faults because some cadaan guys disagree and want to burn down the mosques in retaliation?

You’re genuinely braindead if you could even somehow rationalize that.

“If you choose to democratically push for laws that are favourable for you, don’t complain when people who don’t agree with democracy decide to start committing hate crimes”

Seriously, the city of Minneapolis agreed to this. It’s not like muslims just went and started doing adhan calls. And now it’s suddenly the muslim’s faults because some cadaan guys disagree and want to burn down the mosques in retaliation?

Some people are high key self haters. Do they think cuunsuris are like children playing peekaboo and disapear when you don’t see them? It’s better to let them into the light and lance them there

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
Practice your believe quietly because the truth is America is still owned by the same gaalo white man you hate. Somalis just love drawing unnecessary attention to themselves, other muslims try to integrate but for some odd reason you niggas chose to be madax adag about it.
Playing the adhaan 5x times a day is not infringing on anyone rights i would understand if it was too loud that people report a noise complaint. However Muslims should be proud of our identity as no matter what we do the gaalo white man will still hate us for who we are.

Somalis do like to draw unnecessary attention your correct about that

:mjlol:
Somalis pay taxes, speak the language, obey the law, participate in government, take up jobs and enjoy large parts of American culture. One can assimilate without having to lose their deen or culture. America is melting pot of identities its a large part of what makes it great.

The fact that people in this thread are saying this attack was obvious because of the new noise ordinance. I have absolutely no idea what they're even arguing about. 1: Minneapolis Masjids were already being targeted by racist and Islamophobes. 2: People are allowed to practice their religion in their own neighborhoods; the masjids in Minneapolis are in predominately Somali communities. A lot of you who are blaming the Muslims in Minneapolis are absolute cowards and complacent in your cowardly lives. They people doing these attacks always hated Muslims, it's not going to stop even if they repeal the ordinance laws. I suggest you grow a backbone and stop making the Muslims culpable.

Last edited:
Ngl I wonder what happens when these guys aren’t caught. Do you think they eventually feel guilty? I hope karma gets them.

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️

Lol if wanting to prioritize the safety of our community is retarded than I am the biggest retard of them all. In an ideal world we should be able to practice islam to the fullest extent in any secular democratic country right? Here the problem we can’t. No one’s life is worth putting at risk just to play the adhan. I am not victim blaming muslims, however whoever didn’t think that we would receive some form of violence is being disingenuous. Besides if u think Minneapolis cares about somalis? They only allowing this so that they seem more progressive, had they cared they would have at least discussed some security measures.

Trending