19th and 20th century historians on Arabia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many scoff at the notion that the proud people of sudan are the pure unadulterated arabs, but historians have only recently entertained the fallacy of a white arabia. Take a look at real and honest colonial historians.

The following quotes are from 19th and early 20th century Western historians, whom unlike today’s historians, understood the strong connection of the original Arabians with the Ethiopic peoples of Africa.

1869 “The Cushites. the first inhabitants of Arabia, are known in the national traditions by the name of Adites, from their progenitor, who is called Ad, the grandson of Ham.” — The New Larned history for Ready Reference Reading and Research, 1922citing F. Lenormant, Manual of Ancient History, bk. 7, ch. 2. published 1869.

1869 – “To the Cushite race belongs the oldest and purest Arabian blood, and also that great and very ancient civilization whose ruins abound in almost every district of the country. ..The south Arabs represent a residue of hamitic populations which at one time occupied the whole of Arabia. “ John Baldwin from Pre-historic nations or inquiries Concerning Some of the Great peoples and Civilizations of Antiquity. Harpers 1869

1881 “ A third body of the Cushites went to the north of the Egypt and founded, on the east of the Delta, the kingdom of the so-called Hyksos , whom tradition designated sometimes as Phoenicians sometimes as Arabians, and in both cases rightly…Lepsius has proved by excellent reasons the Cushite origins of the Hyksos statues from San (Tanis) now in the museum of Boulaq and has made more than merely probable the immigration of the Cushites into the region of the Delta…” p. 402 Heinrich Karl Brugsh in A History of Egypt Under the Pharaohs Derived Entirely from the Monuments, published by John Murray 1881, Vol 2, 2nd edition.

1872 – “Mr. Baldwin draws a marked distinction between the modern Mahomedan Semitic population of Arabia and their great Cushite, Hamite, or Ethiopian predecessors. The former, he says, ‘are comparatively modern in Arabia,’ they have ‘appropriated the reputation of the old race,’ and have unduly occupied the chief attention of modern scholars.” Traditions Superstitions and Folklore, Charles Hardwick , Manchester A. Ireland and Company, 1872

1891 – …the Cushite Arabians and the Chaldeans, the founders of the first historic civilization in Babylonia being certainly Hamitic, though early mixed with Semitic tribes, long before Assyrian rule. Charles William Hutson , The Beginnings of Civilization, The Columbian Publishing Co., New York. 1891.

1902 – Modern Arabians are described thusly – “Among ‘these Negroid features which may be counted normal in Arabs are the full,rather everted lips, shortness and width of nose, certain blanks in the bearded areas of the face between the lower lip and chin and on the cheeks; large, luscious,gazelle-like eyes, a dark brown complexion, and a tendency for the hair to grow in ringlets. Often the features of the more Negroid Arabs are derivatives of Dravidian India rather than inheritances of Hamitic Africa. Although the Arab of today is sharply differentiated from the Negro of Africa, yet there must have been a time when both were represented by a single ancestral stock; in no other way can the prevalence of certain Negroid features be accounted for in the natives of Arabia.” by Henry Field Anthropology, Memoirs Field Museum Press Anthropology, Memoirs Arabs of Central Iraq; Their History, Ethnology and Physical C haracters, Anthropology Memoirs Volume 4,

1923 “There is a considerable mass of evidence to show that there was a very close resemblance between the proto-Egyptians and the Arabs before either became intermingled with Armenoid racial elements.” Elliot Smith p. 54 The Ancient Egyptians and the Origins of Civilization, p.61 2007, earliest publication 1923.

1948 – “In Arabia the first inhabitants were probably a dark-skinned, shortish population intermediate, between the African Hamites and the Dravidians of India and forming a single African Asiatic belt with these. From the Handbook of the Territories which form the Theatre of Operations of the Iraq Petroleum Company Limited and its Associated Companies, First Edition, Compiled in the Companies Head office at 214 Oxford Street London 1948

feel free to rebutt and provide negating sources, i'll be waiting.

And please no emotions

I highly doubt there were any Cushites in the Arabian Peninsula whatsoever before Somali traders went to Yemen. The entire peninsula is Semitic territory. As for Sudan, many are not Arab at all, even according to most Sudanese; they consider themselves as Nubic people who happen to speak Arabic and act Arab. The only fully Arab tribes are the Rashaida and other Bedouin groups in Sudan. Every other Sudanese "Arab" is mostly of the African haplogroups L0a1, L1, L2, L3, and L5. Also, about 10 or so percent of Sudanese Arabs have the N haplogroup, which is Siberia-centered.

Cityviews

The Prodigy
I highly doubt there were any Cushites in the Arabian Peninsula whatsoever before Somali traders went to Yemen. The entire peninsula is Semitic territory. As for Sudan, many are not Arab at all, even according to most Sudanese; they consider themselves as Nubic people who happen to speak Arabic and act Arab. The only fully Arab tribes are the Rashaida and other Bedouin groups in Sudan. Every other Sudanese "Arab" is mostly of the African haplogroups L0a1, L1, L2, L3, and L5. Also, about 10 or so percent of Sudanese Arabs have the N haplogroup, which is Siberia-centered.

There were lots of cushites in arabia before the islamic age.

Cityviews

The Prodigy
As a result of trading.

No ,also conquering, administrating, getting resource a whole bunch of things. Even settling and making cities in Yemen, and naming them after Somali cities :pachah1: I suspect its time for me to make a thread of the Somali named places in Yemen! :drakelaugh:

No ,also conquering, administrating, getting resource a whole bunch of things. Even settling and making cities in Yemen, and naming them after Somali cities :pachah1: I suspect its time for me to make a thread of the Somali named places in Yemen! :drakelaugh:
Show me sources other than misguided 19th century Euros. Every city in Arabia has always been Semitic. The Cushites have always been unique to the Horn.

Cityviews

The Prodigy
Show me sources other than misguided 19th century Euros. Every city in Arabia has always been Semitic. The Cushites have always been unique to the Horn.

Give me 15 mins, Walaalo, I will give you something you will educate your children about. :samwelcome:

It's time to educate my badiye brethern on what the coastal somalis did!

The rashaida are 3.5 millions. The sudanese arabs are 13million. There are 10 million non rashaida arabs in sudan: the, Bedaria(Ja'alin),Shukria, Juhaynah, Sulaym, Baggara etc.

Sudanese according to wikipedia are majority j and e1b1b.
According to Y-DNA analysis by Hassan et al. (2008), among Sudanese Arabs, 67% of Arakien, 43% of Meseria, and 40% of Gaalien individuals carry the haplogroup J. The remainder mainly belong to the E1b1b clade, which is borne by 18% of Gaalien, 17% of Arakien, and 14% of Meseria. Both paternal lineages are also common among local Nubians and Afroasiatic-speaking populations

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
their where no cushites in the arabian paninsular
except habeshas who are semetic speaking agaw cushites who invaded yemen

other then that just minor influences can be seen from trade

why are we allways trying to claim egypt yemen and arabia when we have kherma kush aksum zagwe punt ajuraan and adal

for now we should stick to north east africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending