1975 Somali census

I don't think these estimates are true if you use Just common sense. Awdal being larger in population than many regions with few considerable cities is unbelievable. Awdal has 2 large cities: Borama & Gabiley and various small towns.
I think Awdal is smaller in population than
Gabiley district in the former Somali Republic (illegal union) was a part of Waqooyi Galbeed which was the most densely populated district of Waqooyi Galbeed after Hargeisa.

Wajaale & Gabiley are the two major urban centres with a rural farming population that is pretty large compared to the empty nomadic rural populations in the rest of SL.

Ofcourse with the fertile Gabiley plains and Hargeisa we would substantially dwarf the Awdal region. You clearly know nothing about the region. Even now under SL provinces which separates Waqooyi Galbeed into two: Maroodi Jeex & Saaxil, Gabiley district remains in Maroodi Jeex/Hargeisa with a clan dispute about Lughaya with Awdal region.

-Togdheer-Has two cities (Burco, Buhodle) and various sizeable towns which Awdal lacks

Toghdheer only has Burco as a major city. Buhoodle is a typical village no different from the other villages in that region except it is a Darod village in an HJ/HY dominated region.

Gabiley district in the former Somali Republic (illegal union) was a part of Waqooyi Galbeed which was the most densely populated district of Waqooyi Galbeed after Hargeisa.

Wajaale & Gabiley are the two major urban centres with a rural farming population that is pretty large compared to the empty nomadic rural populations in the rest of SL.

Ofcourse with the fertile Gabiley plains and Hargeisa we would substantially dwarf the Awdal region. You clearly know nothing about the region. Even now under SL provinces which separates Waqooyi Galbeed into two: Maroodi Jeex & Saaxil, Gabiley district remains in Maroodi Jeex/Hargeisa with a clan dispute about Lughaya with Awdal region.

Toghdheer only has Burco as a major city. Buhoodle is a typical village no different from the other villages in that region except it is a Darod village in an HJ/HY dominated region.
Don't Isaaqs-Habar Awal- claim Gabiley as part of Awdal when they want to assert their influence over the region? While it was indeed in Waqooyi Galbeed, I wasn't aware it still held that status today. This observation further strengthens my argument that Awdal, and possibly other regions, might be presenting inaccurate population figures.
The population of Waqooyi Galbeed makes sense as it hosts the second capital of Somalia, Hargeisa, making it the second largest city after Muqdisho.

Yeah central Somalia has a lot of mid sized towns and big nomadic population in the countryside wouldn’t be surprised if there was an undercount
It's definitely being dwarfed more than we could understand. Mudug+Galgaduud hosts a population bigger than what is claimed, or rather, some regions are being given inflated figures.

Mudug has
1-Gaalkacyo
2-Galdogob
3-Hobyo
4-Bacaadweyn
5-Xarardheere

and countless small towns such as Xarfo, Dagaari, Garacad, Saaxo etc. The rural population is also sizeable and significant.

Galgaduud has
1-Dhusamareb
2-Caabudwaaq
3-Guriceel
4-Cadaado

and countless small towns such as Ceelbuur, Ceeldheer, Baxdo, Gadoon, Balanbale, Galhareeri

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
It's definitely being dwarfed more than we could understand. Mudug+Galgaduud hosts a population bigger than what is claimed, or rather, some regions are being given inflated figures.

Mudug has
1-Gaalkacyo
2-Galdogob
3-Hobyo
4-Bacaadweyn
5-Xarardheere

and countless small towns such as Xarfo, Dagaari, Garacad, Saaxo etc. The rural population is also sizeable and significant.

Galgaduud has
1-Dhusamareb
2-Caabudwaaq
3-Guriceel
4-Cadaado

and countless small towns such as Ceelbuur, Ceeldheer, Baxdo, Gadoon, Balanbale, Galhareeri
In your Mudug list I suggest you downgrade Hobyo and Xaradheere they are too small towns possibly villages not worthy to be take into consideration when discussing population. you can keep the Darood Bacaadweyn and upgrade Xarfo, also I suggest you add Buursalax.

in Galgaduud upgrade Balanbale but keep and eye out for Dhabat.

apart from that you are ok Samaroonian.

I don't think these estimates are true if you use Just common sense. Awdal being larger in population than many regions with few considerable cities is unbelievable. Awdal has 2 large cities: Borama & Gabiley and various small towns.
I think Awdal is smaller in population than

-Bay- Has the big city of Baydhabo with various other sizeable towns

-Togdheer-Has two cities (Burco, Buhodle) and various sizeable towns which Awdal lacks

-Bari- Bosaso, Qardho and various towns

-Galgaduud- Has 4 major 'cities', Cadaado, Guriceel, Caabudwaaq, Dhusamareb and various towns such as balanbale, Ceelbuur, Galhareeri etc

-Mudug- the heart city of central somalia Gaalkacyo and has various towns like Galdogob, burtinle, Hobyo, Bacadweyn, Xarardhere etc.

the list goes onn.
Those numbers for Awdal in 2019 are a population projection growth from the 2014 UNFPA census.

Gabiley is not in Awdal. The majority of Somalia's population is rural and nomadic; they do not all live in cities or towns. In Awdal region, there's more livestock than Toghdeer, Bay, Bari, Galgaduud, and Mudug which could explain the numbers. That shows how vast the rural and nomadic population of Awdal actually is.
1689830696303.png

Last edited:

There's no clan dispute in Lughaya. The district has had a Bahabar Muuse majority council for over 12 years, with a minority of Ciise who partially receive votes from Bahabar Muuse. Prior to the local elections in 2021, all the councillors of Lughaya were Bahabar Muuse, by the way.

Last edited:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The Gadabuursi territories are some of the most densely populated in the Somali peninsula.

Wajaale is a Gadabuursi majority town and all its tuulos are. Sacad Muuse lives in one side yes but they are not the majority. Gabiley region is populated by both Gadabuursi and Isaaq now though it is a historically Gadabuursi territory.

Gabiley was founded by Professor Ismail Samatar's granddad. 'The Baho Samaroon' that lives there are called that because the Ugaaz at that time took a number of people from each sub and told them to settle farms and build a town.

Last edited:
I know you love Sacad Muuse lakiin don't lie the truth is the same whether it is for or against you.

There is no 'clan dispute' except opportunists backed by Biixi who got pissed that Ciise Muuse have a port and they don't and who haven't managed to do shit in 3 decades despite having every advantage.

Like a recent post I made, the Gadabuursi territories are some of the most densely populated in the Somali peninsula.

Wajaale is a Gadabuursi town and all its tuulos are. Gabiley region is populated by both Gadabuursi and Isaaq now though it is a historically Gadabuursi territory.

Gabiley was founded by Professor Ismail Samatar's granddad. 'The Baho Samaroon' that lives there are called that because the Ugaaz at that time took a number of people from each sub and told them to settle farms and build a town.
They've been frothing at the mouth for Lughaya. They aren't even capable of turning their dreams into reality, not even with Bixi at the helm to their advantage.

What will they do when Bixi exits:zhqjlmx:.They will have to bury their dreams. Bahabar Muuse are already eyeing up Agabars environs.

Last edited:

The Gadabuursi territories are some of the most densely populated in the Somali peninsula.

Wajaale is a Gadabuursi majority town and all its tuulos are. Sacad Muuse lives in one side yes but they are not the majority. Gabiley region is populated by both Gadabuursi and Isaaq now though it is a historically Gadabuursi territory.

I know gadabursi kind of claim gabiley but wajaale I thought that’s one of their town but I know the madigan dir live there

I know gadabursi kind of claim gabiley but wajaale I thought that’s one of their town but I know the madigan dir live there
They don't 'kind of' claim it. They live there lol.

Wajaale is straight up not only Gadabuursi town but vastly one sub sub sub sub of Gadabuursi.

Madigan Dir are very small in number as far I know their main area is Sanaag not Awdal or Gabiley.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
Ka sar hadaad nin rag ah tahay :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:

You are projecting my friend it’s like me claiming lughuya even tho we live there but only langaabs do those kinda antics. Mayorship on both wajaale sides always been Jb not only wajaale is jb but Reer yonis town. :mjlol:

dude I been had this topic million of times but hey xafajo gonna xafajo :russ:

Those numbers for Awdal in 2019 are a population projection growth from the 2014 UNFPA census.

Gabiley is not in Awdal. The majority of Somalia's population is rural and nomadic; they do not all live in cities or towns. In Awdal region, there's more livestock than Toghdeer, Bay, Bari, Galgaduud, and Mudug which could explain the numbers. That shows how vast the rural and nomadic population of Awdal actually is. View attachment 324591
These are all estimates and not factual numbers, remember. Also, did you even read your source before posting it? How can Awdal have more livestock than all those regions, or do you mean individually? If you mean individually, Awdal has more livestock than other regions that most likely have more livestock and population besides the ones you mentioned. Hiiraan, for example, has less livestock in this chart than Awdal, but clans such as Gaaljecel, who are almost entirely rural and livestock-oriented, live in that region, and besides that, it is a very diverse region. I would avoid using these sources as even the initial one didn't echo something truthful; we are better off using our general understanding than these estimates.

The rural population in Galgaduud and Mudug is substantial, and the scarcity of resources to support the increased population is a significant factor contributing to the ongoing conflict. Each region is home to diverse clans, each with numerous rural villages and inhabitants. Galgaduud, for instance, is home to approximately 5 major clans, while Mudug has a similar number. Likewise, Togdheer has 3 major clans: Garxajis, Habarjeclo and Dhulbahante. Awdal having more population and livestock than any of the above regions seems unbelievable. The situation in Bari is unique, as it's a very large region with a predominantly urban population, which could explain its lower livestock numbers.