1970's Somalia- Golden Age of Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 men recalling their memories of Xamar in the 70's and 80's.

This is all pre the days of crazy wahabism that spread across the world. why and what lead to this spread? anyone know?

If you had the choice, would you live in those times or modern day whatever host country you live in now?

This might be the most beautiful documentary I've seen on Somalia. It looks so beautiful and picturesque. The music sounds fucking amazing too. Loads of gems in this doc.

@10:20
@11:40
@13:35
@00:50
@01:18
@05:29
@07:39

Last edited:

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement

This is all pre the days of crazy wahabism that spread across the world. why and what lead to this spread? anyone know?

If you had the choice, would you live in those times or modern day whatever host country you live in now?
Blame Saudi Arabia for the spread of Salafi Islam.

I would never want to live in those times because I would not want to get arial bombed by Siyaad Barre for being Isaaq.:drakekidding:

Blame Saudi Arabia for the spread of Salafi Islam.

I would never want to live in those times because I would not want to get arial bombed by Siyaad Barre for being Isaaq.:drakekidding:

I'm talking pre 90's. In the 70's when anything could have happened. History could have steered a different way.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
It's easy to romanticize a period which you did not live in. Whenever I hear about the "good ol' days" of Somalia, I always see the same old pictures of Muqdishu. That same church, that same harbor, that same "nazionale bar" street. I cringe because the "good ol' days" were only that of Muqdishu. Most of Somalia was literally the same--if not more undeveloped--than it is now. Stop romanticizing a dictator who oppressed the Somali people. Stop embracing that culture of gaalnimo that we had. The tacky outfits, the flamboyant afros, etc. Wallahi, I physically cringed at that depiction of Somali girls "wearing short skirts" and dancing. Also, the fact that you took this opportunity of Somalia's pre-war nabad to make it into some sort of attack against our now more strongly-held Islamic values is nothing short of petty and pathetic.

It's easy to romanticize a period which you did not live in. Whenever I hear about the "good ol' days" of Somalia, I always see the same old pictures of Muqdishu. That same church, that same harbor, that same "nazionale bar" street. I cringe because the "good ol' days" were only that of Muqdishu. Most of Somalia was literally the same--if not more undeveloped--than it is now. Stop romanticizing a dictator who oppressed the Somali people. Stop embracing that culture of gaalnimo that we had. The tacky outfits, the flamboyant afros, etc. Wallahi, I physically cringed at that depiction of Somali girls "wearing short skirts" and dancing. Also, the fact that you took this opportunity of Somalia's pre-war nabad to make it into some sort of attack against our now more strongly-held Islamic values is nothing short of petty and pathetic.

Lol, its Mogadishu. It's the capital of Somalia, of course it's going to be more developed.
Did you expect your tuulo to be the same?

Nacalaa what's wrong with afros?

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Lol, its Mogadishu. It's the capital of Somalia, of course it's going to be more developed.
Did you expect your tuulo to be the same?

Nacalaa what's wrong with afros?

If Somalia was so amazing back then, why did its development not extend beyond the capital? And afros are literally trash, waryaa, this is a fact along with the sky being blue :ohlord:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

I rather have hard core wahabism than the satanic pre wahabi somalia. We need Hayaa

If Somalia was so amazing back then, why did its development not extend beyond the capital? And afros are literally trash, waryaa :ohlord:

Traditional Somali culture clashing with newer ways of living caused Somalia to fail. There was no natural progression from one to the other. There was development though.

Olden times Somalis and even other cushites such as the Beja had long hair for centuries. Go learn and observe what culture is.

Last edited:

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Why not just moderate Islam?

There is no compromising truth. U want half truth? Like half Hijaab? Clip hijaab at the middle of the head, one side covered and the other side - hair is flowing open

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Traditional Somali culture clashing with newer ways of living caused Somalia to fail. There was no natural progression from one to the other. There was development though.

Olden times Somalis and even other cushites such as the Beja had long hair for centuries. Go learn and observe what culture is.

No, what caused Somalia to fall was Siad Barre's ruthless crackdown on any threat that would be posed to his dicatorship but whatever fits your narrative, saaxiibaay :mybusiness:

68 IQ they rather have car bombs going of killing dozens of people on a weekly basis, saying they prefer this to how it was back in the days.

No, what caused Somalia to fall was Siad Barre's ruthless crackdown on any threat that would be posed to his dicatorship but whatever fits your narrative, saaxiibaay :mybusiness:

Sayid barre has been dead for two decades now, so what's the excuse for Somalia still being a shit hole ? excuses excuses

I'm mainly interested in culture not politics. Plus you cant pin the blame on 1 man. Theres various other things at play too. I'm getting muh qabiil vibes from you.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Sayid barre has been dead for two decades now, so what's the excuse for Somalia still being a shit hole ? excuses excuses

mareahaan defense alert
7079.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts