1970's Somalia- Golden Age of Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
mareahaan defense alert
7079.jpg

What ?

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Sayid barre has been dead for two decades now, so what's the excuse for Somalia still being a shit hole ? excuses excuses

Lack of a strong stable government that can effectively unite all peoples within Somalia and also annihilate ostensible threats to the government. Quite simple it is in words but very, very difficult in practice. Even the most charismatic leader in the world, when placed in the face of utter disarray, will have a relatively hopeless chance. However, just to clarify, I'm not the most politically informed person when it comes to Somalia's politics so I'm open to any criticisms to what I've just stated. Also, please avoid calling your country of origin a s*******. It's a beautiful nation, despite its complicated problems. You referring to it as s******* is a degrading anti-black/anti-African term used by Westerners to insult the progress of developing (primarily black) countries. I imagine even if Somalia hadn't gone into the '91 civil war, its progress would be amongst the likes of Ethiopia and Dijbouti, countries you'd also probably shamelessly refer to as a s*******.

Last edited:
Lack of a strong stable government that can effectively unite all peoples within Somalia and also annihilate ostensible threats to the government. Quite simple it words by very difficult in practice. Even the most charismatic leader in the world, when placed in the face of utter disarray, will have a relatively hopeless chance. However, just to clarify, I'm not the most politically informed person when it comes to Somalia's politics so I'm open to any criticisms to what I've just stated. Also, please avoid calling your country of origin a s*******. It's a beautiful nation, despite its complicated problems. You referring to it as s******* is a degrading anti-black/anti-African term used by Westerners to insult the progress of developing countries. I imagine even if Somalia hadn't gone into the '91 civil war, its progress would be amongst the likes of Ethiopia and Dijbouti, countries you'd also call a s*******.

I don't discriminate i call whole of Africa, " The Dark Continent" .

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
I'm mainly interested in culture not politics. Plus you cant pin the blame on 1 man. Theres various other things at play too. I'm getting muh qabiil vibes from you.

Lol, but you literally brought politics into this though by bringing up wahhabism :comeon:Also, it's kind of hard to forget about qabiil when your father's father gets wrongfully executed by this dictator you low-key romanticize. Siad Bare was behind and in front of all the political scenes--is it inaccurate to blame the faults of pre-Civil War Somalia on him?

Lol, but you literally brought politics into this though by bringing up wahhabism :comeon:Also, it's kind of hard to forget about qabiil when your father's father gets wrongfully executed by this dictator you low-key romanticize. Siad Bare was behind and in front of all the political scenes--is it inaccurate to blame the faults of pre-Civil War Somalia on him?

Religion isnt politics. When did I say I liked him?

:deadmanny:

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
A.U.N. to your grandfather.
I have also lost a bunch of my family during the Siyaad Barre regime due to the Isaaq genocide and the SNM rebellion.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.