14 people suspected of coronavirus isolated in Hargeisa airport, Somaliland region

Al-Burcaawi

Milf hunter
VIP
Cause what you posted was about Russia and other off topic nonsense. Somali websites are not measured through western news but their local Somali news.
The Russia article was used as an example to prove how unreliable they are, to make an article about a photoshopped image made as a joke.

I guess that doesn't matter when a reliable source for many Somalis is Whatsapp and Facebook:manny:

Bohol

VIP
The Russia article was used as an example to prove how unreliable they are, to make an article about a photoshopped image made as a joke.

I guess that doesn't matter when a reliable source for many Somalis is Whatsapp and Facebook:manny:

We don't care about western news when it comes to Somali news websites, a lot of them fell for western fake news.They are not RT. However when it comes to Somali news they are very reliable.

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
We don't care about western news when it comes to Somali news websites, a lot of them fell for western fake news.They are not RT. However when it comes to Somali news they are very reliable.
If they are willing to lie about western news then why would we believe that they're telling the truth on this? Are you just trying to save face?

Al-Burcaawi

Milf hunter
VIP
Sxb if they fell for fake western media then what prevents them from falling to rumours (we both know how Somalis are). Remember when newspapers reported that Russia would establish a base in Somaliland and it turned out that they used a roleplay subreddit as source?

Unless major outlets like Horn Cable report on this I call BS:samwelcome:

Bohol

VIP
If they are willing to lie about western news then why would we believe that they're telling the truth on this? Are you just trying to save face?

How did they lie about it? the story was originally released in western websites and they linked it from there. As I said Somali websites are not experts in western news but they are reliable when it comes to Somali news that is what matters. It is like trying to called The Guardian and Dailymail "fake news" because they linked few inaccurate Somali articles in the past. Trying to discredit hadhwanaagnews that way won't work, they can only be measured through Somali news and their Somali news is top notch.

Manzana

𐒖 π’šπ’’π’˜π’‚π’—π’† 𐒖𐒒𐒆 π’ˆπ’‚π’‡π’™π’’π’Œ π’π’šπ’’π’‚. PIM.

Bohol

VIP
Sxb if they fell for fake western media then what prevents them from falling to rumours (we both know how Somalis are). Remember when newspapers reported that Russia would establish a base in Somaliland and it turned out that they used a roleplay subreddit as source?

Unless major outlets like Horn Cable report on this I call BS:samwelcome:

what rumours? hadhwanaagnews is a Somaliland region website aka locals so they get their sources direct on the ground. Just like I get my sources from Ceel Afweyn directly. Nicca acting like hadhwanaagnews are some white clueless people on Somaliland region, they have been reporting on Somaliland region for over a decade and half.

Al-Burcaawi

Milf hunter
VIP
what rumours? hadhwanaagnews is a Somaliland region website aka locals so they get their sources direct on the ground. Just like I get my sources from Ceel Afweyn directly.
How reliable are those sources tho, that's the question. Where is HCTV? Universal TV? SLNTV?:francis:

How come major outlets aren't reporting on this, shouldn't this be big news?:hmm:

Also, how reliable are those sources really? Ceelafweyn was reported by trusted media outlets, but not this tho

Bohol

VIP
How reliable are those sources tho, that's the question. Where is HCTV? Universal TV? SLNTV?:francis:

How come major outlets aren't reporting on this, shouldn't this be big news?:hmm:

You don't know how Somali news works do you? it is reported in news websites first then videos come later that is how it works.

Al-Burcaawi

Milf hunter
VIP
You don't know how Somali news works do you? it is first reported in news websites first then videos come later that is how it works.
I do know how Somali news work, and that's why you have to be extra sceptical.

It's been 3 hours since this was reported. Anything that happens in Hargeysa (especially corona-related) is guaranteed to be big news everywhere, especially if it happens in airports and other public areas.

How come then that no one else has reported on this apart from Hadhwanaag and other online websites that have copied and pasted the article? :hmm:

Bohol

VIP

It's been 3 hours since this was reported. Anything that happens in Hargeysa (especially corona-related) is guaranteed to be big news everywhere, especially if it happens in airports and other public areas.

How come then that no one else has reported on this apart from Hadhwanaag and other online websites that have copied and pasted the article? :hmm:

what big news? it is not like the 16 people have coronavirus. We don't know yet, what we know though is they have been isolated. Now if you don't like that news reported by majority of Somaliland region websites & reporters that is another matter and not my problem. Take it how you like it.

:hemad:

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent

They are just quarantined and many are quarantined in Muqdisho as well. This is not big news it's an update. To Hadhwanaag point it's the go to website other than boramanews because they report on news the government does not want them to. Its editor has been locked up I am not sure if he's free yet.

Al-Burcaawi

Milf hunter
VIP
what big news? it is not like the 16 people have coronavirus. We don't know yet, what we know though is they have been isolated. Now if you don't like that news reported by majority of Somaliland region websites & reporters that is another matter and not my problem. Take it how you like it.

:hemad:
First 14 and now 16 people potentionally having coronavirus is very serious news, especially in Somaliland, which has limited capabilities due to its status. It started with 40 people in China, remember? And they have a functional healthcare system.

It's not about liking something, I accept news that I might not like. It's about verifiability and reliability, something you need to know before you even attempt journalism :samwelcome:

Al-Burcaawi

Milf hunter
VIP
They are just quarantined and many are quarantined in Muqdisho as well. This is not big news it's an update. To Hadhwanaag point it's the go to website other than boramanews because they report on news the government does not want them to. Its editor has been locked up I am not sure if he's free yet.
Either way I just hope things get better and they all test negative. A case of coronavirus would be disastrous if it spreads rapidly.

Bohol

VIP

Yep. That is why I give my respect to Somali news websites like hadhwanaagnews and others they report on what Somaliland region government wants to hide people from. It is like they are operating in North Korea or
China.

Trending