10 years waiting to say I love you, only to realise I was too late

When I was a little boy, I had a massive crush on this Somali girl, Idil. I was too young for my love for her to be clouded by her physique. To me, she was just soulfully beautiful and every time I looked into her eyes my heart honestly skipped a beat.

One day I came to school and she wasn't there. I rushed home and asked hooyo if she knew what was up, hooyo told me Idil's mom and dad got into an argument and decided to separate, her dad taking her back to Djibouti. It was devastating news, and 9 year old me was probably depressed for at least three months thereafter. What was worse was Idil's mom - left behind. Her mental health began to deteriorate, and soon the loss of her daughter was too hard for her to bare that she took up drinking, and drugs. The hijabi mom who was hardly seen outside became the stench of the Somali community, seen almost every night half drunk, coming home with another ajnabi gaal man.

Years past and remembering Idil and where and what she might be doing were thoughts that kept arising. I sat down with hooyo when I was 19 and asked whether she remembered that Somali girl called Idil, my classmate when I was 9. My mom remembered and we spoke about her mom too. Hooyo said how Idil had actually moved to Germany and then to the United States where she got citizenship. So at 19 I decided to save up some money and use some of it to clean up Idil's mom while the rest was spent on travel expenses for Idil's mom to meet her daughter for the first time in a decade. I told my mom to tell Idil's mom and soon we were all set for the U.S. Idil's mom was so excited, she went into full sober mode for the month before our flight. I decided to come along too since all I wanted to see was Idil's face again.

We landed in the U.S., New York to be precise. And after two days, the day of the meeting had arrived and Idil was en route to meet us. She arrived and to my amazement, she was with some other dude. A white ajnabi. And to be honest, I was heartbroken. Utterly shattered. The meeting between the two of them was quick, Idil noticeably nonchalant about meeting her mother that she was without for a decade. She hardly glimpsed over to remember me. Her mother was the only one that enjoyed herself and at least someone did. The drive back to the hotel room was bitter sweet. On the one hand I was thankful to have reunited a mother and daughter, while on the other had to come to terms with someone I had very strong feelings for, for more than a decade, having finally moved on. Without me

ReyRey

Brummie born & bred
Man, f*ck Idil!

crying-boy | Zikoko!

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
I feel your pain bro. My sincere advice to you would be to love with your brain, rather than the heart. Women and men don't love the same way.

Have ever profess your feelings to her? I had similar situation where my high school crush simply moved with another dude. I used simp that person and shower her with gifts but never told her that i was into her. She kind of knew i guess. Waxaad qarsado wey ku qarsadaan

tenor.gif

Don't know what you were expecting. This is reality not some fairytale.

I will say it was kind and sweet of you to do that for the mother but you should of contacted Idil beforehand to see if she really wanted to meet her estranged junkie mother.

ReyRey

Brummie born & bred
I feel your pain bro. My sincere advice to you would be to love with your brain, rather than the heart. Women and men don't love the same way.
How can you even love with your brain? Love comes from the heart.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
When I was a little boy, I had a massive crush on this Somali girl, Idil. I was too young for my love for her to be clouded by her physique. To me, she was just soulfully beautiful and every time I looked into her eyes my heart honestly skipped a beat.

One day I came to school and she wasn't there. I rushed home and asked hooyo if she knew what was up, hooyo told me Idil's mom and dad got into an argument and decided to separate, her dad taking her back to Djibouti. It was devastating news, and 9 year old me was probably depressed for at least three months thereafter. What was worse was Idil's mom - left behind. Her mental health began to deteriorate, and soon the loss of her daughter was too hard for her to bare that she took up drinking, and drugs. The hijabi mom who was hardly seen outside became the stench of the Somali community, seen almost every night half drunk, coming home with another ajnabi gaal man.

Years past and remembering Idil and where and what she might be doing were thoughts that kept arising. I sat down with hooyo when I was 19 and asked whether she remembered that Somali girl called Idil, my classmate when I was 9. My mom remembered and we spoke about her mom too. Hooyo said how Idil had actually moved to Germany and then to the United States where she got citizenship. So at 19 I decided to save up some money and use some of it to clean up Idil's mom while the rest was spent on travel expenses for Idil's mom to meet her daughter for the first time in a decade. I told my mom to tell Idil's mom and soon we were all set for the U.S. Idil's mom was so excited, she went into full sober mode for the month before our flight. I decided to come along too since all I wanted to see was Idil's face again.

We landed in the U.S., New York to be precise. And after two days, the day of the meeting had arrived and Idil was en route to meet us. She arrived and to my amazement, she was with some other dude. A white ajnabi. And to be honest, I was heartbroken. Utterly shattered. The meeting between the two of them was quick, Idil noticeably nonchalant about meeting her mother that she was without for a decade. She hardly glimpsed over to remember me. Her mother was the only one that enjoyed herself and at least someone did. The drive back to the hotel room was bitter sweet. On the one hand I was thankful to have reunited a mother and daughter, while on the other had to come to terms with someone I had very strong feelings for, for more than a decade, having finally moved on. Without me

Such a touching story. Thank you for sharing abaaay.

Damn bro thats tuff.Im infatuated with a girl too rn,ticks all the boxes but I cant gauge whether or not shes into me as well.Imma rip off the bandaid sometime this week regardless of what happens.I second guess every move I make and I'm getting mixed signals left right and centre.I've only ever felt this way twice in my life and its honestly the worst.The girl is in my mind all the damn time, i cant escape it,idk why I do this or why it happens to me but it is what it is.

Damn bro thats tuff.Im infatuated with a girl too rn,ticks all the boxes but I cant gauge whether or not shes into me as well.Imma rip off the bandaid sometime this week regardless of what happens.I second guess every move I make and I'm getting mixed signals left right and centre.I've only ever felt this way twice in my life and its honestly the worst.The girl is in my mind all the damn time, i cant escape it,idk why I do this or why it happens to me but it is what it is.
It’s better to know where she stands than to always wonder what if. Take it from someone who didn’t rip the bandaid off, rip the bandaid off.

Last edited:

I’m so sorry for the loss of your love. Little hurts more than realizing the one you’ve panned your life with didn’t plan theirs with you. It’s okay to mourn, a long time you’ve held feelings for her in your heart. Although there was never a relationship, the feelings were real and the loss should be mourned.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Have ever profess your feelings to her? I had similar situation where my high school crush simply moved with another dude. I used simp that person and shower her with gifts but never told her that i was into her. She kind of knew i guess. Waxaad qarsado wey ku qarsadaan
I had the same situation when I had a crush over a girl in secondary school, but I played every game in my card pack in order to be able to win over her, even when I left the country

Allahimdullah, I bagged it using strategic smartness and now is my wife.

It’s better to know where she stands than to always wonder what if. Take it from someone who didn’t rip the bandaid off, rip the bandaid off.
Yh man imma let her know by the end of the week,i've already given hints but imma make it abundantly clear where I stand.If she aint rocking with it its definitely gonna hurt, but I'd rather go through the pain the waste time talking pointlessly.

10 years kulaha :dwill:

Bruh what does a 9 year old know about love? :comeon:
You enjoyed her company, she left in a sudden matter and you missed your friend. As you got older you started attaching attributes to her that you wanted her to have. You have transformed her into a completely different person in your mind.

You set yourself up for failure bruh:francis: