“Im not black” Somalis be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black is a culture.

We dont have same culture like AA.

An AA would pick an Cadaan over you anyway anytime.

They are in the military killing Arabs Afghanis and damn some were deployed to Somalia in the 90s.

I have seen how proud they are serving the US military.

It's like Ethiopia.All Ethnic groups are unanimous against Somalis even if you were born in axum.

The Gambella,garage and all of the low social class Ethiopian peasants would side with xabashi even though they have been oppressed 100 times.

The only thing is we dont condone inequality and oppression.
But accepting blackness is accepting Jay Z or Kanye as being our role model.

We are Somali that is our identity.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Have you guys actually run into Somalis that don’t consider themselves black IRL? I can proudly say I never met a Somali that doesn’t think he’s black and I live in MN where the largest Somali community resides in. I wouldn’t take these online trolls serious, they don’t represent us and more importantly they will never have the guts to speak like that in real life.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
Have you guys actually run into Somalis that don’t consider themselves black IRL? I can proudly say I never met a Somali that doesn’t think he’s black and I live in MN where the largest Somali community resides in. I wouldn’t take these online trolls serious, they don’t represent us and more importantly they will never have the guts to speak like that in real life.
Yes

Several... I heard Minnesota madows don’t claim Somalis as black though smh

Being Black is a social construct, it really means f*ck all. Yes we’re ‘black’ (dark skin) Africans but we don’t share the same identity with them if u get what I mean

Yes somalis may share same skin color but science proves we not related to these people
We might as well also claim Indians and Egyptians

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
I'm Black but not Bantu.

Just like being Asian but not Chinese instead being Indian

Imagine denying to be madow when you can see it from the colour of your skin.

If you were not Somali, and you saw these people, what race would u think they were?

View attachment 124140
View attachment 124141
View attachment 124142
View attachment 124144
You would think that they are Black Africans. Dont deny it. At most, you would think they are Arab-African mulattos.
This is how Somalis look standing next to an actual Arab, for the Banu Hashim crowd:
View attachment 124143
Now personally I dont care for the term black. But I understand that I (and every Somali) is black to society. You are delusion if you can’t accept this. Being allegedly mistaken for Indian and Arab one time doesnt change that you are seen as black.

Now why don’t Somalis see themselves as black, and why is the ‘blackness’ of Somalis in question?
This is because our ancestors saw THIS as black:
View attachment 124146
However, in the West, even THIS is considered black:
View attachment 124147
Somalis are therefore undoubtedly black. Its hard to swallow, I get it. But please get back to reality.
Are Somalis black - Yes (although alot of our people are brown)
Are Somalis Negro - No

That should clear up your confusion

We are our own race of people.

Apollo

VIP
Are Somalis black - Yes (although alot of our people are brown)
Are Somalis Negro - No

That should clear up your confusion

We are our own race of people.

Negro is just Latin for Black. Exact same word. Although it weirdly enough has a more negative connotation, but originally it meant the same.

It means

''Like a black''.

So if you consider yourself black, you are by definition also a Negroid. :ftw9nwa:
Nope that’s wrong lmao. Black is a colour. We are black but are not negroid because our features such as skull shapes, bone structures and hair textures are different than Bantu (Negroid) Africans. We are racially different than them and those are facts. South asians are also black but they aren’t negroid

Sis we’re scared. We can’t say anything without being called a ‘self hater’.

And the sad thing is, we’re really not saying anything controversial.

‘Black’ is meaningless and we refuse to be subjected to it.

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Now why don’t Somalis see themselves as black, and why is the ‘blackness’ of Somalis in question?

Somalis are therefore undoubtedly black. Its hard to swallow, I get it. But please get back to reality.
What you wrote above is an attempt to brainwash us. I call it psychological bantunization.

Let me remind you there is a multitude of colors in life than just black and white. Please do not generalize Somalis into this racist cadaan construct. We are our own thing.

Last edited:

Mozart

You need people like me
When you present an argument to someone as to why race is a sack of shit and they respond ‘ Well, what does the white person see you as ‘ there isn’t much point debating them. Anyone whose identity is based on victimhood and how white people perceive them is a loser.

Qali

Certified Pimp.
They probably don’t want to be considered black because of the preconceived opinions people have of being black, and the association with the AA community because they don’t want to be associated with people who are looked “down upon” butttt that’s just my two cents ‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending